Glad to Join - been to Offroadeo yet?

jgtuna

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Houston, TX
Hi all - glad to have joined. Still no production date yet for my Velocity Blue loaded BR...

Just got back from Offroadeo in Austin, TX - if you haven't been, I highly recommend you take advantage. Very well put together day and a lot of fun. Check out a video I put together of the day here:

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Hi all - glad to have joined. Still no production date yet for my Velocity Blue loaded BR...

Just got back from Offroadeo in Austin, TX - if you haven't been, I highly recommend you take advantage. Very well put together day and a lot of fun. Check out a video I put together of the day here:

Off rodeo is for Broncos I tried signing up with a raptor and they told me that we aren't allowed. Assuming there will be a special program for raptors

OP
jgtuna

jgtuna

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Houston, TX
Off rodeo is for Broncos I tried signing up with a raptor and they told me that we aren't allowed. Assuming there will be a special program for raptors
Perhaps they will have Braptors in the future. For example, Austin location has requested 2 of them but so far have been told they will be late this year at best. The offroadeo program itself is not model specific - they run sports in wildtrak, and full sized in most trims. You pick what you want to drive but aren’t guaranteed a particular trim (including raptors in the future - if they have 1 running and 2 of us show, someone will not be in a raptor). I asked for a badlands with Sasquatch to be as similar to the raptor as possible and they made that happen. So even if they get raptors, they will run in the same groups as the others for now. My advice would be to go ahead and do this now! When you go to signup, you have to enter your order number which won’t immediately be recognized (unless you have a VIN - I don’t) - but when you click “verify” they will manually go into the order books somehow to confirm - took about 3 days for me. Farther ahead, once all the new owners who want to go through the standard program have done so, they will expand to offer more focused programs covering specific topics like recovery techniques, higher speed / baja driving, bouldering, etc. They are also planning guided trips and offsite activities run out of the 4 locations plus add-ones like hunting, fishing, golf, etc and have (in Texas) onsite guest lodging in the works. I suspect they might do something specific to raptors then but that is 1-2 years or more away. Again, don’t wait!

OP
jgtuna

jgtuna

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Houston, TX
Perhaps they will have Braptors in the future. For example, Austin location has requested 2 of them but so far have been told they will be late this year at best. The offroadeo program itself is not model specific - they run sports in wildtrak, and full sized in most trims. You pick what you want to drive but aren’t guaranteed a particular trim (including raptors in the future - if they have 1 running and 2 of us show, someone will not be in a raptor). I asked for a badlands with Sasquatch to be as similar to the raptor as possible and they made that happen. So even if they get raptors, they will run in the same groups as the others for now. My advice would be to go ahead and do this now! When you go to signup, you have to enter your order number which won’t immediately be recognized (unless you have a VIN - I don’t) - but when you click “verify” they will manually go into the order books somehow to confirm - took about 3 days for me. Farther ahead, once all the new owners who want to go through the standard program have done so, they will expand to offer more focused programs covering specific topics like recovery techniques, higher speed / baja driving, bouldering, etc. They are also planning guided trips and offsite activities run out of the 4 locations plus add-ones like hunting, fishing, golf, etc and have (in Texas) onsite guest lodging in the works. I suspect they might do something specific to raptors then but that is 1-2 years or more away. Again, don’t wait!
@luterdan - and to be clear, whoever told you raptor orders are not eligible is categorically wrong. I just went using my raptor order!

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
@luterdan - and to be clear, whoever told you raptor orders are not eligible is categorically wrong. I just went using my raptor order!
1650633763570.png

OP
jgtuna

jgtuna

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Houston, TX
@luterdan - well there goes Ford with its uber-confusing and erratic handling of all things having to do w/ Bronco ordering (and offrodeo registration can now be added to that list). Here is my offrodeo reservation where you can clearly see at the top right where they verified me based on a Bronco Raptor order (not sure if my original reservation having been a first edition had anything to do with it?).
offrodeoreservation.png

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Did they know you had a previous order for a regular Bronco (i.e., you're a GT holder)? Shouldn't matter, but maybe they make some weird distinction between new Raptor orders (which I know you're not, but maybe they don't know), and "converted" Raptor orders.

In any case, you can bet that Ford Performance division will have their own event for Bronco Raptors, since they already have weekend events for their other Performance vehicles.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I'm sure they will they just need to get some vehicles to drive. I.e production versions
That will be awesome. But an Off-Roadeo is super worthwhile and fun, no matter what Bronco trim you drive. I went to Moab last October and it was an incredible experience. Highly recommended to anyone.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Going to the one in Las Vegas in two weeks. Can't wait.
I'll be out in Vegas for the offroadeo on the 20th (based on my current FE).
I've heard good things...and if Ford Performance does a special one for BRaptors, I'm sure it'll be fun too. I've been to Ford Performance events for my Boss 302, GT350R, Focus RS's, and F150 Raptor...all were good.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I've heard good things...and if Ford Performance does a special one for BRaptors, I'm sure it'll be fun too. I've been to Ford Performance events for my Boss 302, GT350R, Focus RS's, and F150 Raptor...all were good.
Curious, where were the Ford Performance events held, and how were the facilities?

Raptor2Braptor

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2022
Gallery
Orange County, California
I did the LV offroadeo in December. It was awesome (but cold!). Ford went all out on the facilities and trails. My profile pic is from the entrance. Have fun!

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Curious, where were the Ford Performance events held, and how were the facilities?
Those programs were all at Utah Motorsports Campus, formerly Miller Motorsports Park.

The Mustang and Focus programs were a mix of track, auto-x, and skills sections such as skid pad car. The Raptor program was party in the track area and partly on local BLM land via a short highway transit and some fire roads.

It's an amazing place to drive (even their go-kart track is really good)...one of my favorite tracks to drive. And if you go, make sure to eat at The Red Iguana in SLC.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Those programs were all at Utah Motorsports Campus, formerly Miller Motorsports Park.

The Mustang and Focus programs were a mix of track, auto-x, and skills sections such as skid pad car. The Raptor program was party in the track area and partly on local BLM land via a short highway transit and some fire roads.

It's an amazing place to drive (even their go-kart track is really good)...one of my favorite tracks to drive. And if you go, make sure to eat at The Red Iguana in SLC.
Awesome, thanks for the info! I notice they also have a Rock Climbing Course there, so they'd be ready to do some intro crawling sessions with the B-Raptor.

Powerfiend

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
Dodge Ram
We went the Offrodeo in Nevada back in April and it was a blast. I was a little hesitant at first thinking it would be a waste of time driving broncos around in circles on a dirt road. I was wrong, my wife and I had a great time. Learned a lot about the engineering and the smarts built into these trucks and the confidence those deliver to the whole driving experience. My wife really gained a different perspective and appreciation which made it enjoyable.

We are off roaders, we beat the hell out of heavily modified WJ over the last few years and this experience was still fun. I would definitely recommend to anyone who has not done it. Big shout out to the crew BOR Nevada.

Top Member Reactions