Have you installed JCR parts on a Braptor?

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor
I like the JCR fuel tank skid, rear shock skid, tailgate reinforcement, spare tire basket, rear window molle panels, top shelf storage, bottom basket storage and the fire extinguisher mount. Has anyone installed any of these parts on a Braptor? I emailed JCR and they said “We have not got our hands on a Raptor model to verify fitment for any of our Bronco products quite yet.”

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
As you may know, the BRaptor and regular Broncos have the same frame, body* and hardtop components. Hence, if it fits the regular Bronco, there's a 99% chance it will fit the BRaptor frame and body. BRaptor trim specific components: suspension, drivetrain, engine, steering, some body panels, (finish) items specific to order guide.

I've ordered and will be installing these JCR components when my BRaptor arrives: Transfer Case skid, rear Vanguard bumper w/ dual swing gates, tire delete, swing gate tire mount, rear camera and license plate relocation kit, and short roof rack w/ Hi-Lift mount. Other mods include: M2M rear window MOLLE panels, Ford tailgate table, UPR drain plug, Exp-One Geri can mount (for dual swing gate), RC high winch mount w/ 20" light bar, M2M front camera relocation kit, Warn Zeon 10S winch, ZROADZ Baja hoop, RCI rock sliders w/ top plate, RCI pinch seam covers, FMI rear diff skid and UPR dual valve catch can. Still looking for a better transmission skid (more complete coverage). The JCR skid would do, BUT the interface with the OEM engine skid is not compatible.

Planning on being in Moab with my new rig Mid- to Late-May. Then heading south to Sand Hollow, Johnson Valley, Joshua Tree, etc. At some point, I'll have to head back to the Lazy H ranch in WY.

Last edited:

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
As you may know, the BRaptor and regular Broncos have the same frame, body* and hardtop components. Hence, if it fits the regular Bronco, there's a 99% chance it will fit the BRaptor frame and body. BRaptor trim specific components: suspension, drivetrain, engine, steering, some body panels, (finish) items specific to order guide.

I've ordered and will be installing these JCR components when my BRaptor arrives: Transfer Case skid, rear Vanguard bumper w/ dual swing gates, tire delete, swing gate tire mount, rear camera and license plate relocation kit, and short roof rack w/ Hi-Lift mount. Other mods include: M2M rear window MOLLE panels, Ford tailgate table, UPR drain plug, Exp-One Geri can mount (for dual swing gate), RC high winch mount w/ 20" light bar, M2M front camera relocation kit, Warn Zeon 10S winch, ZROADZ Baja hoop, RCI rock sliders w/ top plate, RCI pinch seam covers, NVM or FMI rear diff skid and UPR catch can. Still looking for a better transmission skid (more complete coverage). The JCR skid would do, BUT the interface with the OEM engine skid is not compatible.

Planning on being in Moab with my new rig Mid- to Late-April. Then heading south to Sand Hollow, Johnson Valley, Joshua Tree, etc.
It's worth mentioning that the roll cage is reinforced both at the B and C pillars (maybe that's the 1% your accounting for?) which may have some impact/incompatibility on mods that rely on the standard Bronco configuration.

OP
ORbraptor

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor

I've ordered and will be installing these JCR components when my BRaptor arrives: Transfer Case skid, rear Vanguard bumper w/ dual swing gates, tire delete, swing gate tire mount, rear camera and license plate relocation kit, and short roof rack w/ Hi-Lift mount. Other mods include: M2M rear window MOLLE panels, Ford tailgate table, UPR drain plug, Exp-One Geri can mount (for dual swing gate), RC high winch mount w/ 20" light bar, M2M front camera relocation kit, Warn Zeon 10S winch, ZROADZ Baja hoop, RCI rock sliders w/ top plate, RCI pinch seam covers, NVM or FMI rear diff skid and UPR catch can. Still looking for a better transmission skid (more complete coverage). The JCR skid would do, BUT the interface with the OEM engine skid is not compatible.

Planning on being in Moab with my new rig Mid- to Late-April. Then heading south to Sand Hollow, Johnson Valley, Joshua Tree, etc.
I’ll be at the Bronco Safari in Moab, May 2-6. Like the build! The reinforcement on the rear roll bar makes it iffy on the top shelf. But the rest should fit I think. I went with RTR rock sliders, ABM summit bumpers. Warn Zeon platinum 10-S, going to try the RTR Jerry can holder, arb portable twin compressor (free shipping so I went with their recovery gear too), icon rebound pro 17” and Mickey Thompson Baja boss mud terrains.

OP
ORbraptor

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor
It's worth mentioning that the roll cage is reinforced both at the B and C pillars (maybe that's the 1% your accounting for?) which may have some impact/incompatibility on mods that rely on the standard Bronco configuration.
Yeah I saw that too. I might go for it. If it doesn’t fit I got a good fabricator for my Bronco mechanic.

crimsonhokie

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2022
Gallery
TN
Current Ride
2023 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2017 Ducati Supersport S

Have you installed the RCI sliders yet? Any issues with installation?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Not on the BRaptor; still waiting for delivery. Build is shifted to the right 7-8 weeks. $10.5k in mods waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting some more. :cautious:
Confirmation from dealer and Bronco Support, "your BRaptor is a priority 1 with a build day of 3/10, still build week of 3/6." Window sticker available on or about 3/1.

Four weeks for a delivery. CSX to Blue Island, IL, then BNSF to Henderson, CO, then truck to Cheyenne, WY.

Possible closing on or about 25-APR.
I have the 20° angle, which is better (IMHO) than the 5° angle (which looks flat and obtrusive getting in and out the the rig). The 20s stick out just enough to protect the door panels and to be used as a step for roof access. Of course, the proof will be in the pudding when it gets to Moab.

We did an install on a Badlands/SAS. No issues with install. The wiring harness on the driver's side needed to be relocated for install. The tie-down hole (on the frame) was covered by the slider attach plate. We just found a new place to secure the harness. No worries.

69703.jpeg69704.jpeg

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Photos of a Warn Zeon 10S winch with a RC high winch mount and 20" light bar. He still needs to relocate the front camera, but the ACC is unaffected. I will be doing a similar install whenever my BR shows up. I may add a Baja hoop if the winch doesn't get in the way. Easy mod with the modular bumper.

This mod is on a Badlands with a capable bumper. Right? Trying to save a few bucks by not getting the modular bumper. Actually, this is probably Plan C or D for this cowboy. Plan A was to get a whole new front bumper, so why not go with the cheap one and toss it? I think this looks much cleaner than the Ford performance option.

70525.jpeg 70467.jpg 70552a.jpeg

The recovery points were upgraded from CJ Pony. Hard to tell about the approach angle, but it appears to be unimpacted. Stock with 35-inch tires is 43.2°.

1677790503314.png
1677790590208.png

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Have you installed the RCI sliders yet? Any issues with installation?
No issues with installation on Braptor. Solid, heavy-duty frame mounted sliders. Now what do I do with the OEM steps and sliders?
The forward pinch seam cover needed a slight mod (cut short) to accommodate the Braptor.
0504231015[2].jpg 0504231121[1].jpg 0504231122b[1].jpg 0504231435[1].jpg

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Thoughts on winches . . .
Photos of a Warn Zeon 10S winch with a RC high winch mount and 20" light bar. He still needs to relocate the front camera, but the ACC is unaffected. I will be doing a similar install whenever my BR shows up. I may add a Baja hoop if the winch doesn't get in the way. Easy mod with the modular bumper.

This mod is on a Badlands with a capable bumper. Right? Trying to save a few bucks by not getting the modular bumper. Actually, this is probably Plan C or D for this cowboy. Plan A was to get a whole new front bumper, so why not go with the cheap one and toss it? I think this looks much cleaner than the Ford performance option.

View attachment 6492

The recovery points were upgraded from CJ Pony. Hard to tell about the approach angle, but it appears to be unimpacted. Stock with 35-inch tires is 43.2°.
Thoughts on winches (sent to a friend with a capable bumper) . . . see PDF.
first assumption: keep OEM modular bumper

Attachments

• Bronco - Winch Options.pdf
    461.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions