What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Do you find yourself loosening the back straps to get the front clips off and on?
Its definitely a chore getting the front clips out without loosening anything on the JTops Bimini, but it’s doable

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
The pictures make it look like a 15 degree angle and that you rear is an inch or greater lower. Could you post new pictures? I think you scared a lot people :)

yep, my driveway is on a decent slope so a little misleading. I tried taking another picture in my garage as the aspect might be a little more realistic. I also placed a level on the top of the rollbar to show how close it currently is. Hopefully that helps with the look. Measuring the ground-to-fender at the front is 43.25 in and the rear is 43.0 in.

1683050483646.png

1683050508590.png

M_Braptor

Mar 9, 2023
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Ram 1500
yep, my driveway is on a decent slope so a little misleading. I tried taking another picture in my garage as the aspect might be a little more realistic. I also placed a level on the top of the rollbar to show how close it currently is. Hopefully that helps with the look. Measuring the ground-to-fender at the front is 43.25 in and the rear is 43.0 in.

View attachment 8019

View attachment 8020
The best way to measure your rake would be to measure at the front of the rock rail and the rear.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
The best way to measure your rake would be to measure at the front of the rock rail and the rear.

Sometimes the simpliest solution is too simple to see.

The front end of the rock rail is measuring 1/2in taller than the rear end. I measured to the top edge as it allowed me to get my 24in level up against it and the front was 23.5 while the rear was 23.0.

Haven't driven it today but have a bunch of driving around town tomorrow so will be seeking out as many bumps as possible...which isn't hard to do around Dallas).

M_Braptor

Mar 9, 2023
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Ram 1500
Sometimes the simpliest solution is too simple to see.

The front end of the rock rail is measuring 1/2in taller than the rear end. I measured to the top edge as it allowed me to get my 24in level up against it and the front was 23.5 while the rear was 23.0.

Haven't driven it today but have a bunch of driving around town tomorrow so will be seeking out as many bumps as possible...which isn't hard to do around Dallas).
You are going to need a collar to level it out truly. By the time you go to your bumpers, I bet you are sagging 3/4 to 1 inch in the rear. I don't see the springs settling even a fraction of that amount. Have you called Foutz to get their input? Their measurements are using true height. I'm curious if you got the wrong set of collars on accident.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
You are going to need a collar to level it out truly. By the time you go to your bumpers, I bet you are sagging 3/4 to 1 inch in the rear. I don't see the springs settling even a fraction of that amount. Have you called Foutz to get their input? Their measurements are using true height. I'm curious if you got the wrong set of collars on accident.
I measured the collars themselves and they are exactly 1in thick.
IMG_4600.jpeg

The remainder of the added lift is coming from the compression and/or having the shocks/springs removed for the work. I'm planning on giving it a couple of days of driving to see how it settles (if any).

M_Braptor

Mar 9, 2023
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Ram 1500
I measured the collars themselves and they are exactly 1in thick.
View attachment 8024

The remainder of the added lift is coming from the compression and/or having the shocks/springs removed for the work. I'm planning on giving it a couple of days of driving to see how it settles (if any).
So I know this is confusing, but the physical size of the collar does not reflect the lift increase. That is a 2 inch collar. I have the a set of 2 inch FMI collars sitting here right now. You need to call Foutz...

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
So I know this is confusing, but the physical size of the collar does not reflect the lift increase. That is a 2 inch collar. I have the a set of 2 inch FMI collars sitting here right now. You need to call Foutz...

Turns out the offroad shop ordered/installed the 1.5in Level Kit which consists of a 1in collar that provides a 1.5in lift. It's an oversight on my part as I just wasn't paying that close attention when they sent the original quote...and TBH I'm not sure I would have caught it or known better anyway.

I talked to FMI real quick and it should settle a little bit but not the full 1/2in. I'm going to go with it for a while and see what I think. If anything I may end up moving these to the rear and having the 2in installed on the front but not spending another $600+ just to have these replaced (Parts, Labor + Alignment).

Small lesson learned for the rest of the group.

M_Braptor

Mar 9, 2023
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Ram 1500
Turns out the offroad shop ordered/installed the 1.5in Level Kit which consists of a 1in collar that provides a 1.5in lift. It's an oversight on my part as I just wasn't paying that close attention when they sent the original quote...and TBH I'm not sure I would have caught it or known better anyway.

I talked to FMI real quick and it should settle a little bit but not the full 1/2in. I'm going to go with it for a while and see what I think. If anything I may end up moving these to the rear and having the 2in installed on the front but not spending another $600+ just to have these replaced (Parts, Labor + Alignment).

Small lesson learned for the rest of the group.
Your shop is not shooting you straight. That is the Foutz 2 inch lift collar. I just got my set in to replace my 1.5 rpg collars. My RPG 1.5 collars are significantly smaller then this one. Your shop f’ed up, you should be holding them responsible, but whatever it’s your ride.

Attachments

• IMG_5681.jpeg
    IMG_5681.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 35

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your shop is not shooting you straight. That is the Foutz 2 inch lift collar. I just got my set in to replace my 1.5 rpg collars. My RPG 1.5 collars are significantly smaller then this one. Your shop f’ed up, you should be holding them responsible, but whatever it’s your ride.
You could be right, I just referenced the quote that lists 1.5in kit...could easily be the shop, could easily be Foutz shipping them the wrong part (even though they probably should have figured it was wrong).

I might stop by tomorrow to have them take a look. They usually use RPG but I only wanted front so they went with Foutz given RPG doesn't sell front-only.

TX Braptor

Apr 8, 2023
Gallery
Georgetown, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 Raptor 37 PP
You could be right, I just referenced the quote that lists 1.5in kit...could easily be the shop, could easily be Foutz shipping them the wrong part (even though they probably should have figured it was wrong).

I might stop by tomorrow to have them take a look. They usually use RPG but I only wanted front so they went with Foutz given RPG doesn't sell front-only.
Hey Dallas, I think M Braptor is correct and hope these pictures help make your case.

Pics are of the 1” lift front collars I ordered from Foutz directly. The collar is only 3/4” tall which should provide 1” lift total.

So shop def messed up or Foutz sent the wrong part. Hope this helps and good luck!

Attachments

• 390B244E-4BCF-4B2D-88AE-CDB747796AE5.jpeg
    390B244E-4BCF-4B2D-88AE-CDB747796AE5.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 5351CFED-8247-43F4-8CD2-BABDB116CBAE.jpeg
    5351CFED-8247-43F4-8CD2-BABDB116CBAE.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 31

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Hey Dallas, I think M Braptor is correct and hope these pictures help make your case.

Pics are of the 1” lift front collars I ordered from Foutz directly. The collar is only 3/4” tall which should provide 1” lift total.

So shop def messed up or Foutz sent the wrong part. Hope this helps and good luck!

Yep, that’s the case. It turns out the shop ordered the 1.5” kit and I didn’t catch it beforehand…so it’s partially on me for not paying closer attention. I’ll go by and get their take on the best way to handle it and see if they’ll do me a solid if I move these to the rear and place 2.5” in the front or just replace them.

I could push harder but I preach (and bitch) every day about people being accountable for their actions and mistakes so would be a little hypocritical if I didn’t take some responsibility for reviewing the parts ordered much less asking.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Quick update...I decided to put the 1" lift on the rear. This will get the entire truck back to level with maybe a little rake but since the rear setup is so soft it will work just fine. Stopped by the shop this morning and we connected on the gap in communication. They're going to do me a solid and help out with the labor costs.

So I'm going to look at this as a relative good problem to get solved as I'll effectively have 1" lift all around with the front being at worst 0.5" lower than rear as opposed to the original 1.25".

Should be done in a couple of weeks.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Quick update...I decided to put the 1" lift on the rear. This will get the entire truck back to level with maybe a little rake but since the rear setup is so soft it will work just fine. Stopped by the shop this morning and we connected on the gap in communication. They're going to do me a solid and help out with the labor costs.

So I'm going to look at this as a relative good problem to get solved as I'll effectively have 1" lift all around with the front being at worst 0.5" lower than rear as opposed to the original 1.25".

Should be done in a couple of weeks.
Sweet, now you'll have more tire size options when you need to replace tires. Choices are Good! :cool:

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Well just sharing with everyone what I got done today on my BR... The Interior lights were definitely a great add on. Very simple install too! I also added the Seven Sparta Aluminum Alloy Roll Bar Grab Handles also a great add on! Something inexpensive and great upgrade! Am I the only one here who feels these after market companies are charging a ton for the Accessories??? $500 bracket to mount an air compressor? Just saying... I have a ton of parts to install so this is just the beginning... Enough talk here are some pics... All of the lights are straight now... :)

7FD3BFB0-5794-49C8-BA5F-75383C02F61C_1_102_o.jpeg

763F2B9A-250B-4748-B6AC-F9C0A751AA99_1_102_o.jpeg
383D0B77-E4E2-4E02-B19A-1B1180D4C2AD_1_102_o.jpeg
6DCECD1A-5023-479D-920A-FE6D2B975C03_1_102_o.jpeg
BFF78413-B823-4629-B4D9-82707E2C297B_1_102_o.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Well just sharing with everyone what I got done today on my BR... The Interior lights were definitely a great add on. Very simple install too! I also added the Seven Sparta Aluminum Alloy Roll Bar Grab Handles also a great add on! Something inexpensive and great upgrade! Am I the only one here who feels these after market companies are charging a ton for the Accessories??? $500 bracket to mount an air compressor? Just saying... I have a ton of parts to install so this is just the beginning... Enough talk here are some pics... All of the lights are straight now... :)

View attachment 8049
View attachment 8050View attachment 8051View attachment 8052View attachment 8053
Well done! Your off to a good start, lights and handles look great. I agree some of the nicer add-ons are over priced, seems that way with Bronco parts in general since they are still relatively new compared to Wranglers. Supply & Demand.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Prepping to take the neighbors kids to the local OHV park (Prairie City) tomorrow, I removed my sidesteps. Done this many times, but I decided to clean the mud from off-roading yesterday and noticed how many rock strikes (chips) these babies take. No surprises, but in case you’re interested in what 5000 total miles (maybe 400+ in Mojave and local trails) looks like…..

Note: I typically remove them when crawling on some rocks, so no major trail tattoos). This is all just spray from the tires…

frankly, it doesn’t look so bad, but I’m glad I have ppf for when I don’t have them on!
IMG_6326.jpeg
IMG_6327.jpeg

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Prepping to take the neighbors kids to the local OHV park (Prairie City) tomorrow, I removed my sidesteps. Done this many times, but I decided to clean the mud from off-roading yesterday and noticed how many rock strikes (chips) these babies take. No surprises, but in case you’re interested in what 5000 total miles (maybe 400+ in Mojave and local trails) looks like…..

Note: I typically remove them when crawling on some rocks, so no major trail tattoos). This is all just spray from the tires…

frankly, it doesn’t look so bad, but I’m glad I have ppf for when I don’t have them on!View attachment 8084View attachment 8085
I was in the Mojave last weekend, going full Baja Mode on the wider more open roads (like Cedar Canyon Rd.) and there was a constant ringing of gravel and dirt bouncing off the side steps. Haven't looked underneath yet, but I am thankful for having that extra layer of "protection" for the side panels of the rig!

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Day 0
  • drove to Cheyenne with aftermarket parts
  • picked up Chili at the Ford dealer
Day 1
  • removed side steps
  • removed OEM rock sliders
  • installed RCI pinch seam cover
  • installed RCI rock sliders
Day 2
  • installed FMI rear diff skid plate (that 'R' needs some paint)
  • boxed up OEM rock sliders and side steps (possible resale?)
  • Installed JCR short roof rack (started; some problems with incorrect bracket bends)
  • knocked off early to celebrate Cinco de Mayo
Day 3
  • completed roof rack install (w/ slight mod; waiting for new bracket(s) from JCR)
  • installed Fast Intentions sill guards
  • 100-mile road trip out Happy Jack Rd (Curt Gowdy State Park and Vedauwoo Rec Area)
1683414294425.png
1683414388988.png
1683414443534.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions