How it sounds: Cold Air Intake for the 2022-23 Ford Bronco Raptor 3.0 Ecoboost - By S&B Filters

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
This is definitely going on the mod list. This with the Borla Exhaust will be a perfect pairing.

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
This is definitely going on the mod list. This with the Borla Exhaust will be a perfect pairing.
Ive been on their mailing list for months waiting for this to be released. I had a cai on my Tahoe prior to getting the raptor. I had planned to buy one but I’ve read so many posts talking negatively about cai on turbo engines that I’m now second guessing. I loved the sound on my Tahoe.
Definite change in sound in these videos. Can’t wait to hear what users think. I may just buy one anyway and see.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Is it just me or does it seem like it made the engine quieter under load? I had a stage 2 AFE COI on my last eco boost F150. I didn't notice any negative impact from it. It was nice not ever having to buy a new filter and just clean and re-use. With that said and I may be imagining things, but I feel like with that COI on the truck I gained on top end power and lost a little on low end power. That could have been partly due to the tune I was running as well. It did seem to help with gas mileage though if I stayed off the throttle compared to the stock one. If these things really jacked up turbo engines so badly then why are so many of them out there in a ton of turbo vehicles? I can buy a Roush version for a normal Bronco through Ford. If it would destroy your engine they wouldn't sell it or offer a warranty if you added one.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Every once in a while I find myself pleased that I'm not interested in yet another modification/upgrade and this is one of those times. It's not that I see anything wrong with it, I just don't see the value (power/efficiency/sound) as opposed to the added maintenance of a filter that will require regular cleaning, especially if the vehicle is used in any capacity related to it's purpose (offroad/dust/mud/etc).

I've had CAIs in the past (none were cleanable versions) in NA engines and at best the only gain was in the sound. Never any appreciable improvement in efficiency and any potential power gains (maybe +5 hp?) simply weren't enough to be noticed. And the efficiency aspect is kind of misleading...spending $200+ for the CAI just to gain <1% fuel efficiency (if that?).

I'm sure some will love it, but this one is a pass for me.

Gwendy333

Nov 6, 2023
Oahu, HI
Military
Army
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
1989 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera 25th Anniversary (Hot Rod)
I preordered one of these. Kind of disappointed in the sound. I'm only buying to hear more turbo noise and there isn't much of that.

Beware Square1 Offroad scalping these and selling them at a markup.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I preordered one of these. Kind of disappointed in the sound. I'm only buying to hear more turbo noise and there isn't much of that.

Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Thank you for sharing your experience with the CAI.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3

how did you pre-order, i talked to their support today and they werent taking pre orders yet. ive been on their notification list as well for 6 months

cerudolph

Aug 20, 2023
Seattle WA
Current Ride
Bronco Raptoe
Current Ride #2
Tesla plaid
I'd appreciate more information on performance improvements on Cold Air Intakes for the Bronco Raptor.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I'd appreciate more information on performance improvements on Cold Air Intakes for the Bronco Raptor.

Top Member Reactions