Is The Ford Bronco RAPTOR Really Worth $17K More Than a Bronco Sasquatch? - by TFL Car

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Tommy does a thorough job describing most of the visual differences between the Bronco with Sasquatch versus the Bronco Raptor. Similar to what we may expect from a new to Bronco customer viewing these 2 in a Ford dealership showroom.

Last edited:
I don't really think he addressed the if the Bronco Raptor was worth the extra money. It might not fit the type of terrain that he drives, but I think if you add up all the improvements that the Bronco Raptor has over the Sasquatch I would say it's definitely worth the money. If you wanted to upgrade the shocks, tires, engine, suspension, LED fog lights, additional bracing, seats, etc to make a Bronco Raptor out of a Bronco Sasquatch you will pay a lot more than $17k and it won't be covered under warranty. Sure, the Bronco Raptor might not be the right tool for every environment, but to me, the improvements/mods are definitely worth the money because aftermarket parts, labor, and install time will cost you more.

I don't really think he addressed the if the Bronco Raptor was worth the extra money. It might not fit the type of terrain that he drives, but I think if you add up all the improvements that the Bronco Raptor has over the Sasquatch I would say it's definitely worth the money. If you wanted to upgrade the shocks, tires, engine, suspension, LED fog lights, additional bracing, seats, etc to make a Bronco Raptor out of a Bronco Sasquatch you will pay a lot more than $17k and it won't be covered under warranty. Sure, the Bronco Raptor might not be the right tool for every environment, but to me, the improvements/mods are definitely worth the money because aftermarket parts, labor, and install time will cost you more.
Agreed. He sort of defeated his own argument when he said on the one hand, that the Bronco Raptor is pretty much the most superior off roader you can get but then said it really was not worth the extra money.

I’ve added the text below the video link/picture to better clarify this video context. The styling elements described in this video are simply a result of the functional requirements. The Bronco Raptor is purposefully built, the visual design differences are due to targeted functional requirements not necessarily styling enhancements and that’s where the Bronco Raptor is really a great value. I wish the video was as a little longer to simply emphasis the entirely new redesigned and strengthened Raptor chassis and body braces as that is where the additional $17k seems like a bargain.

Another reminder, the Bronco/Ranger factory paint booth systems would not accommodate a wider vehicle and or fenders. I’m guessing the cost and time to modify the factory paint systems simply was not feasible at this time. Can you imagine the Bronco customer flack Ford would have received if they shut down the Bronco factory to modify systems to accommodate the Bronco Raptor and then raise the MSRP to recoup the investment? I think Ford did a great job staying within all these constraints to offer us a “Real SuperSUV” at a competitive price.

Last edited:
Well, the dude is an amateur, so this is not the last word on the subject by any means. He is fast and loose with his facts, and he focuses WAY too much on aesthetics and not on functionality. Case in point, he spent half the video talking about the grill/headlights/fenders/taillights/tow hitch...are you kidding me? Actually I'd say this is one of the lesser quality videos that he's put out. He really didn't address the core question AT ALL.

I’ve added the text below the video link/picture to better clarify this video context. The styling elements described in this video are simply a result of the functional requirements. The Bronco Raptor is purposefully built, the visual design differences are due to targeted functional requirements not necessarily styling enhancements and that’s where the Bronco Raptor is really a great value. I wish the video as a little longer to simply emphasis the entirely new redesigned and strengthened Raptor chassis and body braces as that is the additional $17k seems like a bargain.

Another reminder, the Bronco/Ranger factory paint booth systems would not accommodate a wider vehicle and or fenders. I’m guessing the cost and time to modify the factory paint systems simply was not feasible at this time. Can you imagine the Bronco customer flack Ford would have received if they shut down the Bronco factory to modify systems to accommodate the Bronco Raptor and then raise the MSRP to recoup the investment? I think Ford did a great job staying within all these constraints to offer us a “Real SuperSUV” at a competitive price.
It doesn’t have to be a $17k difference, I base Raptor would only be $7k more than that FE and you get a lot more for that $7k than you did for the difference between a Badlands and an FE

It doesn’t have to be a $17k difference, I base Raptor would only be $7k more than that FE and you get a lot more for that $7k than you did for the difference between a Badlands and an FE
That's kind of what I was referring to when I said he was loose with his facts...somewhat negating his premise.

The other great thing about the Bronco Raptor is the ceiling is much higher for those who want to really push the limits! Can you imagine all the epic aftermarket parts that are going to come out for the Bronco Raptor?! It's already amazing out of the box, but it will be even more nuts when companies like Icon, Baja Kits, RPG, etc get to R&D all their badass parts for the Braptor. I've always wanted a trophy truck that was street legal and I think that will finally be obtainable with the Bronco Raptor. 🏁

The other great thing about the Bronco Raptor is the ceiling is much higher for those who want to really push the limits! Can you imagine all the epic aftermarket parts that are going to come out for the Bronco Raptor?! It's already amazing out of the box, but it will be even more nuts when companies like Icon, Baja Kits, RPG, etc get to R&D all their badass parts for the Braptor. I've always wanted a trophy truck that was street legal and I think that will finally be obtainable with the Bronco Raptor. 🏁
Totally in agreement, the very first thing I thought during the BR announcement on Jan24th. BR has the chassis and body stiffeness to handle some Big power. I keep wondering what torque numbers the 3.0EB engine could develop, maybe north of 600 ft/lbs? or a little compact LT4 dry sump? 🤔

Last edited:
The +3 Prerunner kit from Baja Kits for the standard Bronco gives 11+ inches of travel and increases the track width by 6-inches. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bronco Raptor kit increases the suspension travel well into the high teens when it comes out!

Back