It’s official! The 2022 Bronco Raptor gets 418hp / 440tq

04BF85CE-BB82-492A-B2CC-D9D02751BDB7.jpeg

Ford CEO Jim Farley officially announced the Bronco Raptor HQ and Torque at 418hp and 440lbs-ft.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Those are great numbers! Put a nice tune on top of that and she should really scoot!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
This is better than the Motortrend estimate, 440 lbs/ft of torque, up 20 from MT estimate!

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
69 Mach 1 R-code 428, 4spd
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
I remember when 405hp in my Corvette Z06 was cool. :cool:
But nothing sounds as good as the old muscle cars. I still love the sound of my 401 with sidewinder pipes and the 428 CJ. No not the hp of today's vehicles, but a lot of fun nonetheless.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Man, I missed all the excitement today.....been busy at work. 418 and 440 is cool. I'd have been happy regardless since 400hp is very respectable.

A tune is going to really wake this up once tuners get their hands on one. The BRaptor already has a much less restrictive (40% less restrictive IIRC) exhaust system than the regular Bronco so I don't expect much to be gained there.

With a mild tune I wouldn't be surprised to see 450 hp and 480 lb ft of torque.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I remember when 405hp in my Corvette Z06 was cool. :cool:
Yes in a car that's only 3,000 lbs with No Torque management. Throttle response is still one of the quickest in a normally aspirated production car. Also, all the LS6's I seen dynoed was well above the 405hp stock.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Yes in a car that's only 3,000 lbs with No Torque management. Throttle response is still one of the quickest in a normally aspirated production car. Also, all the LS6's I seen dynoed was well above the 405hp stock.
Yeah, it's a great car! Small and lightweight compared to today's cars.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Man, I missed all the excitement today.....been busy at work. 418 and 440 is cool. I'd have been happy regardless since 400hp is very respectable.

A tune is going to really wake this up once tuners get their hands on one. The BRaptor already has a much less restrictive (40% less restrictive IIRC) exhaust system than the regular Bronco so I don't expect much to be gained there.

With a mild tune I wouldn't be surprised to see 450 hp and 480 lb ft of torque.
A performance dyno tune is definitely at the top of my mod list, time will tell with what the tuners can produce but I expect your numbers at the engine should be within reason.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
A performance dyno tune is definitely at the top of my mod list, time will tell with what the tuners can produce but I expect your numbers at the engine should be within reason.
Are you planning on useing one of those plug-in throttle response enhancers too? I haven't used one but as I understand it, it helps get rid of some of the built in sluggishness off the line. Not more power but quicker throttle input.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I had one of those in my slingshot. I didn't like it. It made it more responsive but it made the accelerator very touchy to input so it bucked all the time unless you floored it. I would think that's not a good idea on the trails sluggish might be good 😀

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I had one of those in my slingshot. I didn't like it. It made it more responsive but it made the accelerator very touchy to input so it bucked all the time unless you floored it. I would think that's not a good idea on the trails sluggish might be good 😀
I don't think I'd like it to be touchy either even in the street.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Are you planning on useing one of those plug-in throttle response enhancers too? I haven't used one but as I understand it, it helps get rid of some of the built in sluggishness off the line. Not more power but quicker throttle input.
Not planning on a throttle controller on the Bronco Raptor, if it needs one we will all be disappointed (highly unlikely!). I have a Hikeit X9 on my wrangler and we like it, a lot. Originally the 3.6V-6 felt very sluggish, totally opposite of the same engine in the durango or charger, etc. It doesn't add HP, but feels like another 200hp. Reason is the throttle body on a stock JK when you floor the pedal off the line the throttle body doesn't open immediately, it opens partially... maybe 30% then gradually keeps opening. The X9 has many different levels and eliminates the slow to respond throttle body therefore it really does accelerate noticeably faster off the line. The X9 also has a setting to bypass (stock) so if you do go off road you can have the same original response as Jeep intended. There is also a "Hikeit" mode which feels like full closed or full open throttle and I don't understand why this would ever be used.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Yeah, we not feel the need for it at all. That "Hikeit" mode sounds scary....all on or all off weeeeeeeeee!

Top Member Reactions