Johnson Valley media weekend VIDEO thread

Don’t know how this one got out ahead of the media embargo, but this goes well with all the photos we’ve seen recently:

Johnson Valley Video
At about the 4 minute/8 second point in the video, you can see a pretty good sized deep scratch in the rear left flare. Hmmm may be I won't get them painted after all! The size of the flares seemed decent in the video; they did not look as big as in many still photos.

At about the 4 minute/8 second point in the video, you can see a pretty good sized deep scratch in the rear left flare. Hmmm may be I won't get them painted after all! The size of the flares seemed decent in the video; they did not look as big as in many still photos.
That's why the flares never bothered me knowing that's what is going to contact things that cause scratches.

Awesome video, looks like a blast, especially in “Ford’s” BR, not so sure I would have as much Fun in my own BR.

Last edited:
That got me even more excited. Rolling through the desert like nothing at 50mph then doing some serious crawling too. This thing is going to slay. I wonder how long until they have to take the video down. Ha. I am glad it leaked though. Fun watch.

80+ MPH on the Speedo! Was that while they were Bajaing?
Quick couple of frames that just happened before the jump. I captured the video frame below. Anyone able to tell if in Baja mode? Note that the BR thinks the speed limit is 65. Is there a speed limit in Johnson Valley?

2022-06-13 11_48_07-Window.png

Quick couple of frames that just happened before the jump. I captured the video frame below. Anyone able to tell if in Baja mode? Note that the BR thinks the speed limit is 65. Is there a speed limit in Johnson Valley?

View attachment 1356
don't know if you can tell the mode from this screenshot but you can see a couple things of interest:
- bottom left shows some info including steering setting (but I can't tell which setting), an icon that is maybe a shock / swayer / diff setting?, and what looks like an exhaust mode setting
- 103 outside temp butting running decent on ending temp
- gas gauge / MtE seems to indicate it's really sucking fuel (3/4 full with 124 MtE)...which is to be expected in these conditions
- 84 mph in 7th gear / near 4k revs feels like it's gotta be in a mode that's holding gears a la Baja mode

don't know if you can tell the mode from this screenshot but you can see a couple things of interest:
- bottom left shows some info including steering setting (but I can't tell which setting), an icon that is maybe a shock / swayer / diff setting?, and what looks like an exhaust mode setting
- 103 outside temp butting running decent on ending temp
- gas gauge / MtE seems to indicate it's really sucking fuel (3/4 full with 124 MtE)...which is to be expected in these conditions
- 84 mph in 7th gear / near 4k revs feels like it's gotta be in a mode that's holding gears a la Baja mode
I think they know what they are doing. They even have the tires aired down a bit. Granted the ground appears to be fairly flat aside from the rise to get air, but you can see how well planted and well behaved the vehicle is doing this at 84mph.....very impressive!

I think they know what they are doing. They even have the tires aired down a bit. Granted the ground appears to be fairly flat aside from the rise to get air, but you can see how well planted and well behaved the vehicle is doing this at 84mph.....very impressive!
for sure. air-down is a must...and you can hear the instructor on the radio talking about doing something like 45 mph before the bend...which means he was probably suggesting a speed for that particular whoop too...on those types of press / demo drives, it's all pretty well-planned / rehearsed.

View attachment 1356
I would say Baja. I remember there was talk about the screens changing colors to mat h the GOAT modes. This one is yellow so Baja??

Definitely “off-road” as you’ll note the tires are aired down to 25-27 lbs…not doing 80 on pavement at those pressures…

When will non-Ford people get to drive and review the Raptor?
This Media event in Palm Springs and Johnson Valley was for Journalist to review and drive the Bronco Raptor's, as DdYHrse 👆 states we expect the Media embargo to end June 20th. Not sure how the above video slipped thru the embargo, I suspect maybe for outside US.

Back