Looks Like Raptor Borla Exhaust is Coming Soon!!

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I ran into this on another site. Looks like we'll have more choices soon.

2023-ford-bronco-raptor-2.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Borla has listed on their web site but no pricing yet.

The Borla Atak dual exit exhaust was the best mod I've done to my 3.6 v6 Wrangler. Does great job hidding the typical V6 exhaust note, has a slight crackle on throttle off, and sounds far better than our Bronco Raptor's. The Borla Atak muffler is acoustically tuned for each specific application.

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Borla has listed on their web site but no pricing yet.

The Borla Atak dual exit exhaust was the best mod I've done to my 3.6 v6 Wrangler. Does great job hidding the typical V6 exhaust note, has a slight crackle on throttle off, and sounds far better than our Bronco Raptor's. The Borla Atak muffler is acoustically tuned for each specific application.

Just waiting. I'm hoping that as a few more Raptors hit the road, we'll all start seeing some more accessories. The lack of accessories that fit the Raptor is probably my biggest frustration so far.

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
I was going to go with the Borla Atak system on my Challenger but the price was out of range. So, I went with the Flowmaster american thunder system and I totally missed out on the great sounding Borla exhaust.

Now I am leaning toward picking up this setup. I will be going with the tucked up system since these are offroad trucks and the full tipped piece will just hang up on too many things.

I like how the ATAK normal was my favorite out of them all.

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Still disappointing to me. I love my Braptor but will never like the way it sounds. There is zero reason to replace the exhaust system. If im going to spend it would be on the downpipes; at least you get performance upgraded.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Still disappointing to me. I love my Braptor but will never like the way it sounds. There is zero reason to replace the exhaust system. If im going to spend it would be on the downpipes; at least you get performance upgraded.
Understood, I'm guessing this system is still under development at the time the above video was created and quite possible the reason for only "normal" and "baja" modes used in the video. A teaser video like this may help in preventing a future customer from purchasing a competitors released system before the Borla system releases.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I actually thought it was a pretty good video, it explained the system well and gave six permutations of stock and Borla exhaust sounds. Doing all four modes would have made a very long video, I lost interest after the first four

But….I just didn’t feel like the sound difference warranted anywhere near what I think will be the cost. That’s probably more the fault of the Raptor having a twin turbo V6. As much as I love my Raptor, it’s just not an inspiring exhaust note to begin with.

Im glad they offer the tucked exhaust tip option, otherwise those split tips wouldn’t last long

I wish they would have gone into whether the muffler will be tucked up higher/lower/same as stock. Stock is kind of exposed but at least it has welded on “sliders” front and back that should help from getting hung up. The Borla didn’t have that, but maybe it will in production form.

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
It's tough to record an exhaust tone and even harder to hear the real difference since most of us are listening on computer speakers, airpods, or even worse, just a cell phone speaker.

I'm no fool in that would think our raptors will ever sound like a V8 or even the 3.5, but I've heard a couple of aftermarket 2.7's that sound way better than you might expect. If I can get that sort of imrovement on the Raptor, It might be well worth it to me... especially if I can pair it with a better cold air intake.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I actually thought it was a pretty good video, it explained the system well and gave six permutations of stock and Borla exhaust sounds. Doing all four modes would have made a very long video, I lost interest after the first four

But….I just didn’t feel like the sound difference warranted anywhere near what I think will be the cost. That’s probably more the fault of the Raptor having a twin turbo V6. As much as I love my Raptor, it’s just not an inspiring exhaust note to begin with.

Im glad they offer the tucked exhaust tip option, otherwise those split tips wouldn’t last long

I wish they would have gone into whether the muffler will be tucked up higher/lower/same as stock. Stock is kind of exposed but at least it has welded on “sliders” front and back that should help from getting hung up. The Borla didn’t have that, but maybe it will in production form.
My opinion, the last 2 sound clips with the split exhaust seem to sound best, the extended length of the passenger side cylinders seem to throw the banks off sequence similar technique to the F-150 trombone exhaust.
To me, the climber tips don't sound significantly different than stock, at least not enough to warrant the anticipated price tag.
For those of us that may occasionally off road, it's easy to losen and slid the pretty tips off thereby providing additional clearance. Off-road more often then just leave the tips off, it sounds better than the climbers.
Update: 20230908 8:25pm, upon closer look, appears the dual rear exit tips are welded on, at least on this prototype example in the video.
As for cost, everything aspect of the active exhaust system is more expensive. Like Porsche expensive...
I've considered experimenting with eliminating the exhaust post flex pipe section with a couple downturns, it would exit under the front seat backs and may vibrate enough to simulate back massagers. Would be a weight saver, HP boost, remind me of my high school muscle car days, and eliminate the announce of changing the exhaust setting at every startup. :giggle:

Last edited:

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
The Borla exhsust says it’s valved and works with the various options the Bronco has such as Baja, Sport etc. Lethal Performance and I’m sure a few others sell the Magna flow high performance downpipes and cat back system. I sent them an email and they said the Magnaflow is not valved so how does that work? Changing exhaust mods would just not do anything? I’m sure it’s plugged in somewhere to be able to do this so wouldn’t it throw a code then using the Magnaflow. Magnaflow is also showing 3 in versus 2.5 for the Borla. Which way to go? I certainly don’t want a system that’s going to turn on a check engine light which I think the Magnaflow would do unless they have a work around but they don’t mention it.

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I’m not sure if that’s accurate… I’m searching now, but I’m pretty sure I’ve watched a video showing installation of the magna flow which was definitely valved.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The Magnaflow also has the 2 valves. Uses our OEM electrical valve actuators, although it's not mentioned, seems since it's using both valves all 4 modes would still be available.

1694549417479.png

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The Borla exhsust says it’s valved and works with the various options the Bronco has such as Baja, Sport etc. Lethal Performance and I’m sure a few others sell the Magna flow high performance downpipes and cat back system. I sent them an email and they said the Magnaflow is not valved so how does that work? Changing exhaust mods would just not do anything? I’m sure it’s plugged in somewhere to be able to do this so wouldn’t it throw a code then using the Magnaflow. Magnaflow is also showing 3 in versus 2.5 for the Borla. Which way to go? I certainly don’t want a system that’s going to turn on a check engine light which I think the Magnaflow would do unless they have a work around but they don’t mention it.
Part of Borla's technique in tuning the Atak series sound is by increasing the exhaust velocity thereby using smaller diameter pipes in the post muffler tail pipes without increasing back pressure.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Just a note on “throwing codes”. When one Exhaust valve (there are two) is unplugged, it doesn’t throw a code. It just drops the icon from the dash display and will give you a message like “this exhaust mode is not available in the current driving mode” if you try to select an exhaust mode manually. I know this one from experience.

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
I’m not sure if that’s accurate… I’m searching now, but I’m pretty sure I’ve watched a video showing installation of the magna flow which was definitely valved.
If the Magnaflow is valved then the guy at lethal performance doesn’t know the product they carry and is giving me wrong information. I asked them because I had previously bought some Bronco stuff through them.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
If the Magnaflow is valved then the guy at lethal performance doesn’t know the product they carry and is giving me wrong information. I asked them because I had previously bought some Bronco stuff through them.
When viewing the content list for the Bronco Raptor exhaust, it may not mention "valves" since it's utilizes the valve actuators from your current OEM system. Or, may have accidently been viewing Bronco exhausts, not Bronco Raptor.

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Part of Borla's technique in tuning the Atak series sound is by increasing the exhaust velocity thereby using smaller diameter pipes in the post muffler tail pipes without increasing back pressure.
Hmmmm the video online seems to imply that it’s a larger pipe throughout compared to stock. Did I misunderstand?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Hmmmm the video online seems to imply that it’s a larger pipe throughout compared to stock. Did I misunderstand?
Correct, my reply was to why not 3” diameter pipe like Magnaflow’s system. Post muffler, Stock is 2.5” diameter, Borla 2.75” diameter, Magnaflow 3” diameter.

Top Member Reactions