Moab, UT trip

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
My wife wants to take the Braptor to Utah next month to do some wheeling and we have never been. Does anybody have any suggestions of where we should go and what we should do?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Wow, that is a loaded question. Tons (literally hundreds) of trails in the Moab area...Google would be your friend here, especially in terms of picking trails that matched your experience level. You could do easy stuff like Dome Plateau or White Rim, moderate stuff like Fins N Things, or hard stuff like Hells Revenge.

While you're there, stop by the Off-Roadeo HQ location (on the Red Cliff Lodge property). They have lots of Bronco swag, plus could give you some good info on trails that might best suit you.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
My wife wants to take the Braptor to Utah next month to do some wheeling and we have never been. Does anybody have any suggestions of where we should go and what we should do?
We are doing the same thing next week. I can not recommend enough the “Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails”, which would answer all your questions about which trails are best for your level of expertise and has a bunch of information about the area, equipment to take, etc. wish we were going at the same time! I did Off Roadeo there and have to go back!

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the help. I will definitely look into the advice given and get to planning.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Thanks for the help. I will definitely look into the advice given and get to planning.
Make sure to take lots of photos. I don't think that anyone has posted much in the way of Raptor photos from Moab. That will be one of my first vacation destinations once mine arrives...

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
I was in Moab last week for the OffRodeo event. I rented a Wrangler at the airport to do some trails. If my son hadn't been going, I would've driven the BRaptor from TN. The OffRodeo took us on the Dome Plateau mentioned above. I'd consider it mostly easy but there are some places you can challenge yourself and the Bronco. There was one ledge on the way out that required some rock stacking for a drop, other than that it was very scenic in places and had some nice climbs, sand, rocks, etc. To be honest, a couple of the places would've made me feel sketchy if I would've been going in alone with no prior experience here but the guidebook mentioned may point out alternate routes that could bypass 1-2 more aggressive spots.

We also did the Willow Springs Rd to the north of Moab which is a "backdoor" into Arches (some dinosaur tracks are at about halfway mark). Then we did the Shafer Trail from top down which required a slight wait to get into Canyonlands. Both were very easy but satisfying for just some good trail riding. Note on Shafer: going from bottom up would eliminate the wait to get into Canyonlands, and you'd come out of it instead with no wait. There was a Tour group called NavTec with all 80-seires Land Cruisers that did bottom up, likely for that reason. Either way, this was early October and I didn't feel the area was crowded at all but could imagine it during peak season getting a bit overwhelmed.

What impressed me most about Moab was this: The formations, colors, shapes, drops, peaks, etc. all change almost every few miles it seems. Just a visually impressive area. I think you'll enjoy it if you make the trip. I still haven't downloaded pics from my phone and I didn't want to take my camera. Hopefully I can post a couple pics soon.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Fins N Things is a great trail and I don't think you would have any problems with that. If I remember correctly, Hells Revenge had easy drive-arounds to avoid the hard obstacles so I think you can make it easy, but maybe @Ironmike can chime in on that.

Last edited:

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
That's a true statement. There are about 3 hard obstacles on Hells Revenge (one of which is Hells Gate) that can be bypassed, which reduces the difficulty rating into the moderate range.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That's a true statement. There are about 3 hard obstacles on Hells Revenge (one of which is Hells Gate) that can be bypassed, which reduces the difficulty rating into the moderate range.
One of the best parts about Hells Revenge is watching those who choose to take the hard obstacles. The Hot Tubs are on Hells Revenge right?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
One of the best parts about Hells Revenge is watching those who choose to take the hard obstacles. The Hot Tubs are on Hells Revenge right?
Yes indeed!
1666025644339.png

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
It’s been a blast out here. We only had 2 days to explore which is not a ton of time so we spent more time covering ground instead of getting really technical. We did run Fins and Things this morning which was a blast. This thing is way more capable than I could have imagined and the different GOAT modes really do help and make things much smoother. Especially when crawling up nasty rock faces. After all this I am even more excited and happy with this thing. I can’t wait to come back at some point. Thanks to everyone for the advice and info. We hit Spring Canyon point, debunky well, secret spire, Bartlett wash, Tusher’s tunnel, gemini bridges, portions of sand flats road, and we hit the arches National park.
20AF9668-581F-4901-AA58-054DCD9E883F.png
5F25BD46-0C15-4634-8F83-9B97EE9AFE62.png
00AA2F6E-CF34-447C-A5DD-678ED74264A7.jpeg
9CEBAA6B-146B-4E50-91CC-897F30199435.png
FD297BB3-EE95-497A-AAF9-98910BF994AB.jpeg

Attachments

• 2CCB8395-83C1-4716-BBDF-19208EB8C198.jpeg
    2CCB8395-83C1-4716-BBDF-19208EB8C198.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 28

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Wow, cool trip, thank you for posting with your pics, for having never been there, I'm impressed. Looking forward to going myself someday.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Sounds like a successful trip! Moab is truly an off-road paradise and I need to plan a trip to take my Bronco Raptor there as well.

Top Member Reactions