My totaled Raptor moved to Mexico

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
So about 5 months ago, my Braptor got totaled when a driver pulled out in front of me without looking.

I never removed it from my FordPass account and could see that it was at a scrap yard a few cities away.

Recently, I started getting ford pass updates from it (troubles and error alerts) and decided to take a look.

It appears that someone bought it from the scrapyard and it has journeyed all the way from Georgia to Mexico to find a new life.

GTO66

Dec 22, 2023
Colorado
Current Ride
23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
73 Bronco, 66 GTO, 23 Genesis GV70
So about 5 months ago, my Braptor got totaled when a driver pulled out in front of me without looking.

I never removed it from my FordPass account and could see that it was at a scrap yard a few cities away.

Recently, I started getting ford pass updates from it (troubles and error alerts) and decided to take a look.

It appears that someone bought it from the scrapyard and it has journeyed all the way from Georgia to Mexico to find a new life.
Thats crazy. They will probably have it running in no time!

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
So I traded mine over the weekend and have been checking to see where's it's sitting. Can we still access location/data via FP App even if the truck has been completely reset?

I forgot to do so but the Dealership told me they would get that done....so just wondering if they actually did.

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
So I traded mine over the weekend and have been checking to see where's it's sitting. Can we still access location/data via FP App even if the truck has been completely reset?

I forgot to do so but the Dealership told me they would get that done....so just wondering if they actually did.
If someone resets it from the vehicle, you’ll lose access. Generally dealers do that but in this case it never hit a dealer. It was scrapped and shipped to Mexico.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

What did you trade your BR for?

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
If someone resets it from the vehicle, you’ll lose access. Generally dealers do that but in this case it never hit a dealer. It was scrapped and shipped to Mexico.

Can now verify that resetting the vehicle also removes access via FordPass App. I got an email as well as App notification the other day that access had been removed. Would have been nice to follow it's journey but better to know that no one that has access to vehicle can see location history, contacts or even garage door access.

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
As I said above... Insurance totaled it out. I would never have traded it in. I loved that vehicle.
With that said - there wasnt much inventory anywhere near me when it happened, so I temporarily moved into an F150 Raptor.. but, I just traded that in on a Wildtrak that I had been eyeballing... Its definitely not a Raptor, but its still a great truck

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
As I said above... Insurance totaled it out. I would never have traded it in. I loved that vehicle.
With that said - there wasnt much inventory anywhere near me when it happened, so I temporarily moved into an F150 Raptor.. but, I just traded that in on a Wildtrak that I had been eyeballing... Its definitely not a Raptor, but its still a great truck
Ah.. I got it.. So I had BR and sold it for 20k over, then bought a WIldtrak.. Which doesn't cut it (After Driving a Raptor) Now I'm thinking about a 2022 with 22k miles for 75k.. Any thoughts?

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Ah.. I got it.. So I had BR and sold it for 20k over, then bought a WIldtrak.. Which doesn't cut it (After Driving a Raptor) Now I'm thinking about a 2022 with 22k miles for 75k.. Any thoughts?

75k isnt a terrible price depending on the options. I didn't find one in my area that low or I would have considered it.

I went with a WildTrak. IDK if yours had the HOSS 3.0 version of the WT or the Hoss 2.0, but there's a big difference in how those two feel. I drove both and a HOSS 2 wouldn't have worked for me.

I went back and forth about the positives and negatives of downgrading from a Raptor because I was worried about it.
*You lose the high, wide and soft ride that the Raptor with Hoss 4.0 provides, but In exchange, I can fit in a parking space and a parking garage now.
* The 2.7 is not a 3.0 in terms of power or sound, but the gearing and lighter body of the WT is actually surprisingly responsive.

Honestly, the only 2 things that I REALLY MISS about the Bronco is the Blue Ricaro Leather Interior I chose, and the all-digital instrument cluster. The WT leather is nice enough, but nowhere near Ricaro quality, and the standard cluster just feels "Basic" compared to the Braptor.

But with that said... I'm also saving hundreds per month on Payments, Gas and Insurance to make up for those missing pieces.

All in all, I'm happy... I'll choose a different time of life for my next Raptor... OR, I'll just get a Dark Horse instead.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
75k isnt a terrible price depending on the options. I didn't find one in my area that low or I would have considered it.

I went with a WildTrak. IDK if yours had the HOSS 3.0 version of the WT or the Hoss 2.0, but there's a big difference in how those two feel. I drove both and a HOSS 2 wouldn't have worked for me.

I went back and forth about the positives and negatives of downgrading from a Raptor because I was worried about it.
*You lose the high, wide and soft ride that the Raptor with Hoss 4.0 provides, but In exchange, I can fit in a parking space and a parking garage now.
* The 2.7 is not a 3.0 in terms of power or sound, but the gearing and lighter body of the WT is actually surprisingly responsive.

Honestly, the only 2 things that I REALLY MISS about the Bronco is the Blue Ricaro Leather Interior I chose, and the all-digital instrument cluster. The WT leather is nice enough, but nowhere near Ricaro quality, and the standard cluster just feels "Basic" compared to the Braptor.

But with that said... I'm also saving hundreds per month on Payments, Gas and Insurance to make up for those missing pieces.

All in all, I'm happy... I'll choose a different time of life for my next Raptor... OR, I'll just get a Dark Horse instead.
Each bronco offers its own unique characteristics. I have always said: there are no bad broncos. Give me one, anyone, and I can find a way to enjoy it. Kudos to ford for bringing back the brand!

Top Member Reactions