ndecker2

Jan 29, 2024
Gallery
NC
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Ford F450
On my Braptor, I have noticed a sound coming from what seems to be the rear when you let off the brakes to start from a dead stop. You can feel it in the steering wheel as well. I climbed under the Bronco and everything seems to be tight and nothing appears to be damaged. Anyone else had a similar experience by chance and know what it may be?

bmsehlke

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio
I have noticed a similar thing and tried to decide if it was real or my imagination. It feels like something in the driveline (transmission/transfer case/differential/etc) that is in more of a neutral state, and then kind of makes a “thump” as you start to accelerate and/or let off the brake. It’s like something is free floating and then engages and it makes a perceptible thump feeling more than a noise. I’ve only noticed it when rolling slowly from a dead stop, or when I pull into the garage, as I wait for the door to open and then restart to pull in, I’ll feel the “thump”…..it’s minor, but I’m convinced it’s there. My Braptor has under 9k miles and I’ve noticed this same thing since purchase, and not been off-roading yet, still waiting to finish my mods.

OP
ndecker2

ndecker2

Jan 29, 2024
Gallery
NC
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Ford F450
sounds like exactly the same thing. I can not tell if it is in the driveline or something in the suspension sticking. I have not taken mine to the dealership yet because I was in the same boat as you thinking I may just be crazy!! Maybe someone else on here has done something about it and has an answer to what causes it!

Top Member Reactions