One piece roof

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
There is an opinion article today in Ford Authority talking about a one piece roof option should be developed for the bronco. This stems from the fact a lot of people will never remove their roof and or there are issues with creaking and popping etc. I wonder if we will be spared all of this creaking and popping with the stiffer frame and the new crossmembers.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
mine doesn't creak or pop but the wind noise at 70+ mph borders on absurd. I would be interested in a one-piece top.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
There is an opinion article today in Ford Authority talking about a one piece roof option should be developed for the bronco. This stems from the fact a lot of people will never remove their roof and or there are issues with creaking and popping etc. I wonder if we will be spared all of this creaking and popping with the stiffer frame and the new crossmembers.

I've had the same thoughts that the claimed 50% stiffening helps with the roof creaking that some have reported.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
My Wrangler hardtop has the Mopar hardtop kit below. Dealer installed to correct leaks, noise, etc.

Hardtop Foam Blocker Seal Kit​

1652636421509.png

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I really like the looks of that ADV one piece hardtop.

Ford really should come out with a fix of their own to improve things. I like the idea of a modular roof but would be happy if just the front two seats had a single removabal panel. I have no need to have a separate panel over the passenger compartment either.

Top Member Reactions