Printed Series Center Grab Handle Stripe Overlay - 2022+ Bronco Raptor (Carbon Fiber) - By Sticker Fab

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Thankfully received a response yesterday and new versions being shipped out. I assume it will be a closer match so will be optimistic that it will be close enough to be a keeper. Otherwise I might just try a paint pen using the correct paint code for Code Orange.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Thankfully received a response yesterday and new versions being shipped out. I assume it will be a closer match so will be optimistic that it will be close enough to be a keeper. Otherwise I might just try a paint pen using the correct paint code for Code Orange.
was the paint pen what you used for the "R" on the diff cover?

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
was the paint pen what you used for the "R" on the diff cover?
yes...but that one is a combo brush/fine tip pen. I used the brush side as it's good enough for that part but up close not the smoothest application..good enough for the underside of an off-road vehicle but certainly wouldn't get me any awards at a car show :LOL:. I've since ordered a touch up paint pen from TouchUpDirect that should be easier to get a clean application along with a combo pen in Azure Grey just in case ever needed.

I actually have the smallest chip where the rear top bolt screws into the roll cage and that 'lever' appears to have dug into the paint a little (I think I over-tightened it) so will use the AG Pen along with the Primer and Clear applications to get that cleaned up. It's only a couple mm wide but my OCD can't deal with it and want to make sure I protect against any rust forming.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Thanks, ordered some touch up paint for my Area 51.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Just wondering if you received the new color yet. If so, how does it match up to Code Orange?

Thanks

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Thanks for the update.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
So I just returned from my trip and was looking forward to getting these opened and installed, but now I’m pretty sure they’re just going to sit on a shelf. The updated ones aren’t as dark of a red but to my eye still 100% red and not anywhere resembling Code Orange (or any orange for that matter).

Can you guess which one is the new color? So I don’t influence your guess I’ll leave the answer below:

IMG_4612.jpeg

IMG_4611.jpeg

Without looking too hard you might have guessed that the stickers on the right are the new color as the ones on the left have a set removed from when I originally received them. The 2nd photo was taken with a little more sunlight so you can almost make out a hint of orange but in-person they are very red and nowhere near the shade of orange from the other trim pieces. I’m just baffled as to how SF thinks these are close to the colors represented in the interior of the BRaptor.

My next idea is to use a paint pen to color in the sections of the grab handle. I have a pen being delivered this week so will do some testing in other areas to check for color match, ease of applying it and adhesion. The first set of paint I ordered has a brush applicator so I don’t trust my ability to apply it with any skill but I can say the color is a dead-on match. Fingers crossed for that idea.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
So I just returned from my trip and was looking forward to getting these opened and installed, but now I’m pretty sure they’re just going to sit on a shelf. The updated ones aren’t as dark of a red but to my eye still 100% red and not anywhere resembling Code Orange (or any orange for that matter).

Can you guess which one is the new color? So I don’t influence your guess I’ll leave the answer below:

View attachment 8098

View attachment 8099

Without looking too hard you might have guessed that the stickers on the right are the new color as the ones on the left have a set removed from when I originally received them. The 2nd photo was taken with a little more sunlight so you can almost make out a hint of orange but in-person they are very red and nowhere near the shade of orange from the other trim pieces. I’m just baffled as to how SF thinks these are close to the colors represented in the interior of the BRaptor.

My next idea is to use a paint pen to color in the sections of the grab handle. I have a pen being delivered this week so will do some testing in other areas to check for color match, ease of applying it and adhesion. The first set of paint I ordered has a brush applicator so I don’t trust my ability to apply it with any skill but I can say the color is a dead-on match. Fingers crossed for that idea.
1683504390101.gif

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Thanks for the update, I do have some Area 51 decals from them that seem spot on.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
I gave up trying to get the correct match from Stickerfab. I have something in the works for this that may be a better solution to our color match needs. Ill report back shortly once I have them in my possession.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Thanks for the update.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I gave up trying to get the correct match from Stickerfab. I have something in the works for this that may be a better solution to our color match needs. Ill report back shortly once I have them in my possession.
I'm working with a seller on Etsy that's creating a version for me using the Orange/Red vinyl (047) in the attached image. I'm hopeful the color will be a better match. The thing is that these will be in the shape of the non-Carbon Fiber grab handles so will require some trimming as he doesn't have access to a Raptor for the exact shape. Will report back when these make it in.

icm_fullxfull.543559552_m1iqv82pnlcosggs8o8o.jpg

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Sorry the vagueness in my previous post, was waiting for confirmation to share. Vinyl Sometimes is who Im working with and it is for the Carbon Fiber Grab Handle.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Sorry the vagueness in my previous post, was waiting for confirmation to share. Vinyl Sometimes is who Im working with and it is for the Carbon Fiber Grab Handle.

I trust that VS will get it right the first time. Will see how this Etsy seller works out but good to hear VS is on the case.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Those look good, I wonder if they might add them to their regular product offering.

SF sent me a 3rd set of Grab Handle overlays that I just installed a couple of days ago and I must say that they hit in on the nose this time. I had sent them a picture and information of the vinyl color and they went back and matched it. At this point I'm very pleased with it, but not entirely sure if SF will update their Code Orange to this color or did this as a one-off for me.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Thanks, I ordered a set, and put the information from your post on the order.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Here are a couple of pics with the latest versions from SF. The previous versions were so red that my wife made comments (and she didn’t know I had installed them). These blend in as if they came from the factory. The only giveaway is if you look real closely and notice they’re a different texture/material than the others…but you have to look really closely.

IMG_4647.jpeg

IMG_4648.jpeg

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Here are a couple of pics with the latest versions from SF. The previous versions were so red that my wife made comments (and she didn’t know I had installed them). These blend in as if they came from the factory. The only giveaway is if you look real closely and notice they’re a different texture/material than the others…but you have to look really closely.

View attachment 8377

View attachment 8378
Very Nice, Much Better than the red, even being color blind the photo's were obviously the incorrect shade. Thank you for your persistence and seeing this thru. (y)(y)

Top Member Reactions