Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Last edited:

Zach@Granger

May 24, 2022
Gallery
Granger, IA
My understanding is the Ford ESP may be purchased anytime prior to Ford OEM warranty expiring, therefore my plan is to purchase later. In the unfortunate event my BR is stolen or hit and totaled I won't be out the ESP cost. Advantage of ESP purchase at time of delivery is you may be able to finance into the lien.

Here is another warranty thread: Best additional Ford warranties to purchase?

Another thread from Granger Ford: Bronco Raptor Ford Protect Warranty $50 over Dealer Cost
Good points.

I'd also point out, an advantage of buying now is that with inflation, you are locking in your price now. You also receive a price bump at 12,000 miles.

OP
R

Ranger345

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2022
Gallery
Gretna ne
The dealer said he would give me the extended warranty for employee cost. Im sure everyone gets it at that price... how much are they?

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
The dealer said he would give me the extended warranty for employee cost. Im sure everyone gets it at that price... how much are they?
It depends on how extensive you want the coverage and what your preference is for a deductible.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I was just looking at this the other day at Ziegler, Flood and Granger which all have on line pricing for the Ford ESP. They were all within $200 on the deductible/term/miles I selected for the same exact product. This is very easy to check pricing on your exact requirements on all three sites.

All were far far (a lot!) cheaper than the pricing my dealer threw out. Couldnt be bothered to give me an actual quote in advance of delivery date.

Same pricing dynamic with Maintenance package, it’s much cheaper on line and additional $100 off when buying with a warranty (at least with Flood I think)

it’s a tough call on buy now vs buy later, but:
- the unused portion of warranty is refundable based on pro rata miles or time.
- it was ~$100 more for warranty after the first year, maybe more after the second. I didn’t check and May depend on other parameters like term/mileage/deductible
- as noted above, you’re locking in pricing now vs. unknown later pricing. Im seeing nothing but upward pressure on pricing of everything now.
- if you expect to make a great return on your money not spent up front, it may make sense to wait. But if it’s just sitting in a bank account earning 0.01%, buying now may make more sense
- worst case….it’s an interest free loan to Ford for a couple years

Good luck!

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
I used the Ford extended warrenty all the time for my Gen 1 Raptor, and my son's 2019 Mustang. Both more than paid for themselves. Dealer also can work with you on items you break off-road but are "under warranty".
A month after I bought the 2019 Mustang extended warranty from Granger, it paid for itself when the wheel hub broke and a strut failed.

Top Member Reactions