Delivery Time

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
Just curious if someone could tell me how long it takes for a bronco raptor to go from built to shipped. My raptor was built on February 17 and it was scheduled to be delivered between march 9 and march 15, which obviously is not going to happen. My tracker has not been updated either. I called ford performance and it is not being held up for chips or parts, and the Vin. Number does not come up on this new " do not drive steering issue" that some broncos are having.

Can anyone tell me how long it sits outside in some parking lot in Wayne Michigan before it is shipped ?

Thanks.

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
69 Mach 1 R-code 428, 4spd
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
Just curious if someone could tell me how long it takes for a bronco raptor to go from built to shipped. My raptor was built on February 17 and it was scheduled to be delivered between march 9 and march 15, which obviously is not going to happen. My tracker has not been updated either. I called ford performance and it is not being held up for chips or parts, and the Vin. Number does not come up on this new " do not drive steering issue" that some broncos are having.

Can anyone tell me how long it sits outside in some parking lot in Wayne Michigan before it is shipped ?

Thanks.
I'm sitting with my build date according to the dealer of the 17th also and delivery date of mid-March. Did not show up on the DND issue either. I call Ford, they say still in production, talk to your dealer. Tracker doesn't work for me for some reason.
Frustrating.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I'm sitting with my build date according to the dealer of the 17th also and delivery date of mid-March. Did not show up on the DND issue either. I call Ford, they say still in production, talk to your dealer. Tracker doesn't work for me for some reason.
Frustrating.
Call ford performance. Your bronco is probably built. It was built the same day as mine.

Reactions: SBP

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU

Thanks.
Mine took 6 weeks to ship, and that was after a 4 week chip hold.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
Mine took 6 weeks to ship, and that was after a 4 week chip hold.
Thank you.

Did you purchase from a large dealership with a lot of allocations ?

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
Call ford performance. Your bronco is probably built. It was built the same day as mine.
I just called again. This time they said it was built on the 17th, but the ship date is the 24th of March.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I just called again. This time they said it was built on the 17th, but the ship date is the 24th of March.
Thank you.

Ford performance is open this time of night ?

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
Thank you.

Ford performance is open this time of night ?
No, I just missed them by a few minutes. I called Ford and she got the information out in a few minutes of Jibber-Jabber. At least she confirmed build date and gave me the ship date. When I called FP, they just said still in production.

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
No, I just missed them by a few minutes. I called Ford and she got the information out in a few minutes of Jibber-Jabber. At least she confirmed build date and gave me the ship date. When I called FP, they just said still in production.

I'm in the same boat... Built on the 17th still waiting for a train to pick it up. I was told delivery by the 20th of March. I think they are all waiting on the train... Once they get picked up it will update on the tracker. Its not easy to be patient!!!

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
I'm in the same boat... Built on the 17th still waiting for a train to pick it up. I was told delivery by the 20th of March. I think they are all waiting on the train... Once they get picked up it will update on the tracker. Its not easy to be patient!!!
It's sooooooooo hard to be patient! 😵‍💫

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
My friend's truck finished building 29-NOV and did not ship until 3-JAN; 5 weeks including the Christmas shut down. Ford support said it was due to availability of railcars. Once it did ship, it took another 3.5 weeks to get to the dealer in Cheyenne.

Last edited:

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
My friend's truck finish building 29-NOV and did not ship until 3-JAN. Ford support said it was due to availability of railcars. Once it did ship, it took another 3.5 weeks to get to the dealer in Cheyenne.
Oof, I sure hope it gets here before May. I live in Oregon. Might take a month then.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Are you aware of how to track it after it leaves the MAP?

If it’s shipped via Convoy, then use: https://palsapp.com [edit: an account is needed to perform a trace]

If it's shipped via Rail, then get the railcar number from your dealer (have them look it up in VinView) or give you a copy of the DORA. VinView is the best; it's almost like there is a GPS tracker on the shipment and they can tell you exactly what town it is in. You'll probably wear out your welcome if you call everyday. First thing Monday is a good start, then set up a weekly time to receive text messages.

1678254343555.png

All rail shipments start out with CSX from the MAP, then transfer to other rail lines depending on destination.
CSX Map
UP Map
BNSF Map
NS Map

Example: Shipment to Ken Garff Ford in Cheyenne; railcar TTGX774480
  • CSX from Wayne, MI to Blue Island, IL
  • Transfer to BNSF
  • BNSF from Blue Island, IL to Big Lift, CO
  • Transfer to Convoy
  • Convoy from Big Lift, CO to Cheyenne, WY
It would seem like it would be more direct to take UP from Blue Island to Cheyenne, but that's not how it's done.

For non-dealer info, you can call the railroad automated phone system. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! If the system attempts to transfer you to a live person, then please hang up and try again.

CSX, 800-235-2352
  1. When prompted for location or weight
    • press 1 for location
  2. When prompted for the car initials
    • say "TTGX" (for example above) then wait for the next prompt.
    • sometimes it does not understand what letter you have said. If so, then it is better to type the letters.
      • T=81, G=41, X=92, C=23, S=74 (the number then the position associated with the number)
      • Ex: TTGX is 81, 81, 41, 92
  3. When prompted for the car number
    • say "774480" (for example above) or type the number
  4. When prompted for next car
    • say DONE.
  5. Listen to your Location report for car TTGX774480

Union Pacific, 800 877-5123
  1. Follow phone prompts for Trace
  2. Say the railcar initials and number complete and clearly. Ex: TTGX774480
  3. Listen for your update

Norfolk Southern, 800-635-5768
  1. Listen to menu,
  2. Press 2 for Intermodal
  3. Press 2 for Trace
  4. Say or enter the railcar initials, then press #
    • Ex: TTGX will be 8849
  5. Say or enter the railcar number, then press #
  6. Listen for your update

BNSF support-services [edit: an account is needed to perform a trace]

Last edited:

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd

If it’s shipped via Convoy, then use: https://palsapp.com

If it's shipped via Rail, then get the railcar number from your dealer (have them look it up in VinView) or give you a copy of the DORA. VinView is the best; it's almost like there is a GPS tracker on the shipment and they can tell you exactly what town it is in. You'll probably wear out your welcome if you call everyday. First thing Monday is a good start, then set up a weekly time to receive text messages.

View attachment 6605

All rail shipments start out with CSX from the MAP, then transfer to other rail lines depending on destination.
CSX Map
UP Map
BNSF Map
NS Map

• Transfer to BNSF
  • Transfer to Convoy
It would seem like it would be more direct to take UP from Blue Island to Cheyenne, but that's not how it's done.

For non-dealer info, you can call the railroad automated phone system. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! If the system attempts to transfer you to a live person, then please hang up and try again.

CSX, 800-235-2352
    • press 1 for location
    • sometimes it does not understand what letter you have said. If so, then it is better to type the letters.
      • T=81, G=41, X=92, C=23, S=74 (the number then the position associated with the number)
    • say DONE.

1. Listen to menu,
  3. Press 2 for Trace

BNSF support-services
Thank you ChiliPepper! That is very helpful and well explained. I have not ordered a new vehicle before, just off the lot.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Thank you.

Did you purchase from a large dealership with a lot of allocations ?
7 Golden Tickets allocations and roughly the same number of other allocations. Probably the largest allocation total in San Diego County.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
7 Golden Tickets allocations and roughly the same number of other allocations. Probably the largest allocation total in San Diego County.
Just curious, usually with ford the largest dealerships and celebrities get pushed to the front of the line.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Just curious, usually with ford the largest dealerships and celebrities get pushed to the front of the line.
I didn't really feel that way. The wait was tedious (blended 8/1/22, delivered 11/21/22). The first Raptor at my dealership wasn't delivered until October of last year. Of course, that early timeframe was complicated by the dragged out process of the OK-To-Buy decision by Ford. Ultimately, this whole rollout has just seemed like the perfect storm of dumb luck, random events, supply chain catastrophes, bad planning and for sure some lackadaisical processes by Ford. Once you take delivery though, that all melts away very quickly in your memory. Keep the faith, it'll be awesome when you finally have it!

hallihh

Nov 17, 2022
Gallery
Newcastle, WA
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor, Tesla Model X
It is very reassuring to read this thread. I am in the same boat here with a 2/15 production date and getting very frustrated. Last time I checked with my dealer I had a 3/20 delivery date to dealer, doubt that it will hold given that It still hasn't shipped and I am on the west coast.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
It is very reassuring to read this thread. I am in the same boat here with a 2/15 production date and getting very frustrated. Last time I checked with my dealer I had a 3/20 delivery date to dealer, doubt that it will hold given that It still hasn't shipped and I am on the west coast.
One thing to remember, railroad carriers run on their own time and calendar. Even when we would hire a dedicated train to ship rocket motors from Utah to Florida it was not guaranteed when the arrival would be. However, we had GPS trackers in every railcar and hired a chase vehicle to follow the train all the way.

Your truck is just one vehicle in one railcar out of 10 million railcars around the country. The unfortunate answer is it'll get there when it arrives and not a minute sooner. There is nothing you can do except pray that the train does not have an accident and go off the rails. Patience.

1678298956610.png
1678298984720.png

Ouch!

1678299021400.png
That would be a bad day after a long wait.

Last edited:

erjdrvr

Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Indy
Current Ride
Gen3

If it’s shipped via Convoy, then use: https://palsapp.com

View attachment 6605

CSX Map
UP Map
BNSF Map
NS Map

• Transfer to BNSF
  • Transfer to Convoy

CSX, 800-235-2352
    • press 1 for location
    • say DONE.

1. Listen to menu,
  3. Press 2 for Trace

BNSF support-services
Great Post! But I thought they quit allowing public access to the Pals app?

Can we get a login from the dealer or do you a procedure? Thx

Top Member Reactions