Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
So I replaced both my front and rear bumpers which required taking out the wiring harness from old bumper and transferring to new bumper. Everything went together fine but when I started up vehicle and attempted to drive it two sensors on the front and two on the rear were going off saying there was something close by when there was nothing there. I drove it around the neighborhood but I’m worried about taking it out on the road like this. Do the sensors have to be recalibrated or something.

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve relocated the front middle sensors onto winch plates on two broncos and all four sensors on two rear bumpers without an issue.

The only thing I can think of that could have gone wrong is the sensors got oriented incorrectly upon reinstalling them. I replaced them exactly the way they were placed on the original OEM bumper, taking video beforehand.

ADD was pretty “encouraging” when it came to taking care to note orientation of sensors so they could be reinstalled the same way, but they didn’t mention what the consequences were for not orienting them correctly.

There was no need for recalibrating the sensors. Not sure if they can be recalibrated.

Also, I’m sure you’ve already checked this, but make sure they are pushed all the way in and not loose. Theres a lot of modification (trimming to compensate for thicker steel) to the sensor supports for my ADD sensor and it wasn't exactly easy to get them back into place and clipped together properly.

I hope there’s something here that helps in some small way. Good luck

Last edited:
They are oriented correctly. I kept the wiring harness together and it can only go back one way as the harness has to be on one side to be able to plug back into vehicle harness. One sensor could not go into the wrong spot as it’s laid into the new bumper because of the harness. You would have to rip the harness apart to get one or more sensors to go into the wrong spot. As the harness is laid in the new bumper the sensors lined up with the new bumpers sensor holes. I know it was done right.

They are oriented correctly. I kept the wiring harness together and it can only go back one way as the harness has to be on one side to be able to plug back into vehicle harness. One sensor could not go into the wrong spot as it’s laid into the new bumper because of the harness. You would have to rip the harness apart to get one or more sensors to go into the wrong spot. As the harness is laid in the new bumper the sensors lined up with the new bumpers sensor holes. I know it was done right.
maybe something that works here?

Did you find a fix for this? I hope so. Always nice to know solutions to issues posted

Nope. I have a message going to the manufacturer but I doubt I get anywhere. The original bumpers I later noticed do have angled mounting pieces the sensors sit in, in 4 or 5 spots, so the sensors would have had an angle to them. The new bumper just has holes big enough to mount the sensors flat and a bracket to hold them down , but does not have holes big enough to use the plastic mounts the sensors originally sat in. That looks like that’s a mistake but who knows. Why some people are saying they had no problem and some like me having issues. I wish I knew what to do. My solution right now is I went into the menu and turned them off.

It was but it’s sold

Back