🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
It was overcast today, so the orange of the Bronco is a little darker than in direct sunlight. Meaning the contrast between the two oranges is probably about as bad at it would be in these half-assed renderings I made. The Grey very closely matches the skid plate grey.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It was overcast today, so the orange of the Bronco is a little darker than in direct sunlight. Meaning the contrast between the two oranges is probably about as bad at it would be in these half-assed renderings I made. The Grey very closely matches the skid plate grey.
Excellent job with showing us the Orange and Grey RokBlokz colors in comparison! And your renderings are Great, I had to do a double take. Personal preference and it's great to have color options, but I'm tending to side with black on black, maybe a little boring but easy to live with daily.

On the code orange for a eye popping color, I'd go with yellow, but I just happen to love yellow and it would sure draw the attention... and probably some strong opinions. 😲

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Excellent job with showing us the Orange and Grey RokBlokz colors in comparison! And your renderings are Great, I had to do a double take. Personal preference and it's great to have color options, but I'm tending to side with black on black, maybe a little boring but easy to live with daily.

On the code orange for a eye popping color, I'd go with yellow, but I just happen to love yellow and it would sure draw the attention... and probably some strong opinions. 😲
I ended up going the same way and just getting black. If I had an all black Bronco, I think the orange would be great, but the orange flaps would be a little too much orange for me. The grey was a contender, but I want to get some gunmetal grey/grey wheels down the line. Glad I got the samples to figure it out, I’m looking to putting these on when they get here!

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
There is another option, paint them to the color of your choice. ColorBond Plastic paint. I painted my superduty A-pillar gauge pod with ColorBond for a perfect match. I also painted my 2k GMC Sierra OEM contoured mudflaps with a satin black plastic spray paint because I didn't like the GMC logo in white, but this was only the backside of the mudflap. 20 years and 300k miles later with temps to -25 and the black plastic paint still looked great.
Maybe consider only painting the backside and leave the wheel well side black or one of their other molded in colors. Maybe experiment with colors and options on some cheap plastic mudflaps before painting these $350 flaps.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
There is another option, paint them to the color of your choice. ColorBond Plastic paint. I painted my superduty A-pillar gauge pod with ColorBond for a perfect match. I also painted my 2k GMC Sierra OEM contoured mudflaps with a satin black plastic spray paint because I didn't like the GMC logo in white, but this was only the backside of the mudflap. 20 years and 300k miles later with temps to -25 and the black plastic paint still looked great.
Maybe consider only painting the backside and leave the wheel well side black or one of their other molded in colors. Maybe experiment with colors and options on some cheap plastic mudflaps before painting these $350 flaps.
I was considering this! Instead of painting the whole thing orange, I was thinking making a pattern or putting a logo on there to give it a more subtle orange, or maybe just painting half of them. I was just about to reach out to you and ask how you would recommend painting them too, so thank you for the perfectly timed response! If anyone has any ideas of designs to put on them I’m all ears! I can make just about anything in Illustrator or Photoshop as a template to use.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I was considering this! Instead of painting the whole thing orange, I was thinking making a pattern or putting a logo on there to give it a more subtle orange, or maybe just painting half of them. I was just about to reach out to you and ask how you would recommend painting them too, so thank you for the perfectly timed response! If anyone has any ideas of designs to put on them I’m all ears! I can make just about anything in Illustrator or Photoshop as a template to use.
I like your pattern idea, maybe something simple, like some small hashes along the bottom to stay within the theme of the fender louvers. You could mock these up in tape.
////​
Be careful with straight horizontal or verticle lines or ecentuating the edges because then your highlighting a visual alignment judgement.
There is always the "RAPTOR" or "R" in the Ford licensed Raptor font.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Once I get them in I’ll put them on and throw some design ideas into photoshop/illustrator to see generally how they would look. Once there’s a couple good options I will probably cutout and trace a chipboard mock-up to test it out. That’s a great point not doing any vertical lines, I’ll plan on avoiding that!

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Still shots and dry sand do nothing for me. :rolleyes:

Show me the functionality of mud and snow, which is the purpose of MUD flaps. Duh! Send these guys some feedback. ;) In my experience, these just get ripped off while rock crawling.

If I HAD to, then maybe just the front set to save the doors. However, the Raptor version is only sold in a set of four. AND, as metioned before, $360 is not cheap. Heck, even the "half kit" for regular Broncos is not cheap, $260. If the price was more in line with the F-150 Raptor, $170, then maybe. Hard PASS.

1680298285910.png

Last edited:

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor

Show me the functionality of mud and snow, which is the purpose of MUD flaps. Duh! Send these guys some feedback. ;) In my experience, these just get ripped off while rock crawling.

If I HAD to, then maybe just the front set to save the doors. However, the Raptor version is only sold in a set of four. AND, as metioned before, $360 is not cheap. Heck, even the "half kit" for regular Broncos is not cheap, $260. If the price was more in line with the F-150 Raptor, $170, then maybe. Hard PASS.

View attachment 7179
I got a pretty nice dent under all that Mud :LOL: Xpel PPF at least protected the paint. Good news it only cost $100 for a mobile shop to come pop it back out. Bad news is I got another one on the drivers side a few weeks later. I'm just tired of the rocks smoking my doors, so I'll gladly be the guinea pig and try these out. I can let you know if it helps! I've been doing a descent amount of driving fast on dirt/mud roads and when I move to New Mexico in a few months, I only plan to do more so I don't really see another solution at this point.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I like your pattern idea, maybe something simple, like some small hashes along the bottom to stay within the theme of the fender louvers. You could mock these up in tape.
////​
Be careful with straight horizontal or verticle lines or ecentuating the edges because then your highlighting a visual alignment judgement.
There is always the "RAPTOR" or "R" in the Ford licensed Raptor font
Quick and Dirty Drafts!
BrapFlapDesigns7.png
BrapFlapDesigns-01.png
BrapFlapDesigns-03.png
BrapFlapDesigns-05.png
BrapFlapDesigns-06.png

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Quick and Dirty Drafts!
Very Nice, I'm impressed! I like the black flap with the CO, they all look good! I wonder if your decal vendor could do the CO lettering for you, they would know if it would stick or provide you with a stick on template for painting.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Very Nice, I'm impressed! I like the black flap with the CO, they all look good! I wonder if your decal vendor could do the CO lettering for you, they would know if it would stick or provide you with a stick on template for painting.
Thank you! For anything with letters a stick on template would definitely need to go on. The lines can be done pretty easily with some tape.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired

So why do mud flaps have to cost $360?
:unsure:
Screenshot_20230402-224525~2.pngScreenshot_20230402-223515~2.png

Show me a product that actually works.
Screenshot_20230402-230238~2.png

Last edited:

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I’m trying to acquire some CO paint but it appears they didn’t have any so I reached out to see what they could do. Have you had any luck finding CO color matched paint? I’d like to put a pattern in the flaps but also have some extra to mess around with on the exterior as well.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I’m trying to acquire some CO paint but it appears they didn’t have any so I reached out to see what they could do. Have you had any luck finding CO color matched paint? I’d like to put a pattern in the flaps but also have some extra to mess around with on the exterior as well.
I'm hoping ColorBond will be able to custom mix for you. I had G2 custom match CO and it's a perfect match or at least beyond my ability to distinguish any difference. I painted a couple fender washers for future color matching.

If ColorBond is unable to match then I would try Dupli-Color who also has plastic paint

Or Eastwood

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
It would be badass if we could have a vender make a metal color coded Raptor R to attach to these.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I really like these mud flaps buts its hard to justify almost $400 dollars for them. Does anyone know if they offer a discount code?

Top Member Reactions