TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Same here. I’ve never owned a black vehicle and have always had white to help with the hot Texas summers. After how this year has gone weather wise for us what’s another few degrees? Murdered out Braptor here we come. I’m sure it will look incredible in person.
Didn't you initially have Oxford White for your Bronco Raptor?
I think it's going to look great in person as well! We might end up with the rarest color @DdYHrse :cool:
Especially rare where you 2 are located and it's a tad bit warmer than in the north. I would think if you don't need to leave the vehicle sit in direct sun it shouldn't be much different than other darker shades. I do like how the black is already monotone.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I went back and forth between white and silver before placing my order and was pretty much set an white before I actually ordered it. I talked to friends and co-workers and almost everyone I talked to said to get black. I really liked the look of the black, but was told it was a pain to keep clean. I thought about it and just figured it is a bronco raptor. So what if it’s not spotless all the time. Luckily I should be able to fit in the garage so the only place it will be outside all day is at work. I’m excited, plus I’m pretty diligent about keeping my cars clean so I don’t think it will be all that bad.

Teamlions

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2022
Holly Springs, NC
Current Ride
Ininfiti QX70
Current Ride #2
Infiniti QX60
I ordered mine in black too ... and with the Raptor decals. With the black leather interior and those orange accents, it will look powerful ... in and out. Plus I plan to add a splash of color via the license plate frame, decals on the back windshield, etc. I think all the other exterior colors look nice too, just think black (not really a color) makes the Raptor look totally badass. I just hope I get it within 12 months ... right now I just have an order confirmation, but grateful I'm at least in line for one and content to just be patient.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I ordered mine in black too ... and with the Raptor decals. With the black leather interior and those orange accents, it will look powerful ... in and out. Plus I plan to add a splash of color via the license plate frame, decals on the back windshield, etc. I think all the other exterior colors look nice too, just think black (not really a color) makes the Raptor look totally badass. I just hope I get it within 12 months ... right now I just have an order confirmation, but grateful I'm at least in line for one and content to just be patient.
Nice, I'm thinking the same way you are. Little accent colors pop nicely off the black.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
Black Bronco Raptor ready for delivery - Photo Credit Jeff H

black-bronco-raptor22-2.jpg
black-bronco-raptor22-3.jpg
black-bronco-raptor22-1.jpg

black-shadow-bronco-raptor-22-4.jpg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I am biased towards black vehicles, but the more I see the Bronco Raptor in black the more I think it looks better in brighter colors.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

bwagner1981

Jan 26, 2023
Bismarck, ND
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
STEALTH PPF ON THE SIDES, GLOSS PPF ON THE HOOD AND TAILGATE. PAINTED FRONT BUMPER, SKID and HOOKS.View attachment 2190View attachment 2191View attachment 2192View attachment 2193View attachment 2194
I am about to receive my Black Raptor between Feb 16th and 22nd. I have a appt for the following week to have xpel stealth done as I love the matte look. I was curious if there are any spots where you can see where the matte ppf ends and the gloss paint shows? Like on spots they couldn't take off and wrap it around?
Just curious if you had any suggestions from your installation as it looks perfect. Even when I zoom in I don't see any edges where you can see where the stealth ppf ends showing gloss.
Looks awesome!! Can't wait to get mine done.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I am about to receive my Black Raptor between Feb 16th and 22nd. I have a appt for the following week to have xpel stealth done as I love the matte look. I was curious if there are any spots where you can see where the matte ppf ends and the gloss paint shows? Like on spots they couldn't take off and wrap it around?
Just curious if you had any suggestions from your installation as it looks perfect. Even when I zoom in I don't see any edges where you can see where the stealth ppf ends showing gloss.
Looks awesome!! Can't wait to get mine done.
I’ll chime in…. I have full XPel Stealth over Code Orange.

I opted not to remove the flares as my installer had done it before and it was a pain with broken clips. they removed everything everything else that could come off. fortunately on the flares, the fender recesses before meeting the flare so there is no way I could tell the matte butted up vs laid under. With black I’m sure it would be even less visible.

there will be gloss inside all doors and the roll cage, but all that’s hidden until you open something or remove the top. I don’t really notice the transition day to day, but with doors and top off it would be more noticeable.

i did the sills on all the doors in XPel Clear. It matches the rest of the door jam. So no matte to gloss transition there.

I didn’t, but will soon, protect the tailgate. It’s really exposed back there and I’m using a combo of carpet, towel and/or cardboard to protect the tailgate from skis and other gear in the interim. I’ll do that in clear when I get it done.

I did my fender vents in black vinyl. The vinyl wraps around all the openings easie. My installer had done a black raptor in stealth and said he wished the guy had opted for clear on the side vents to create a little visual interest. I’ve see it done elsewhere and if I had black paint or get tired of
1EB93762-A88C-4D49-A4FF-DC6B9633C22E.jpeg
2298AC54-3CC9-46DB-AD4D-572EA6146779.jpeg
my black vinyl, I’ll probably do clear on mine next time. the vents pop right off so cheap and easy to change your mind.

bwagner1981

Jan 26, 2023
Bismarck, ND
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I’ll chime in…. I have full XPel Stealth over Code Orange.

I opted not to remove the flares as my installer had done it before and it was a pain with broken clips. they removed everything everything else that could come off. fortunately on the flares, the fender recesses before meeting the flare so there is no way I could tell the matte butted up vs laid under. With black I’m sure it would be even less visible.

there will be gloss inside all doors and the roll cage, but all that’s hidden until you open something or remove the top. I don’t really notice the transition day to day, but with doors and top off it would be more noticeable.

i did the sills on all the doors in XPel Clear. It matches the rest of the door jam. So no matte to gloss transition there.

I didn’t, but will soon, protect the tailgate. It’s really exposed back there and I’m using a combo of carpet, towel and/or cardboard to protect the tailgate from skis and other gear in the interim. I’ll do that in clear when I get it done.

I did my fender vents in black vinyl. The vinyl wraps around all the openings easie. My installer had done a black raptor in stealth and said he wished the guy had opted for clear on the side vents to create a little visual interest. I’ve see it done elsewhere and if I had black paint or get tired of View attachment 5698View attachment 5699my black vinyl, I’ll probably do clear on mine next time. the vents pop right off so cheap and easy to change your mind.
Thank you so much for the very thorough response. I really appreciate it and it gives me some things to think about and share with my installer.

Doing the vents in clear to make them pop is something I never thought of but agree it could compliment the stealth nicely.

Yours looks sweet!! Can't wait to finally get mine!! Thanks again!!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Thank you so much for the very thorough response. I really appreciate it and it gives me some things to think about and share with my installer.

Doing the vents in clear to make them pop is something I never thought of but agree it could compliment the stealth nicely.

Yours looks sweet!! Can't wait to finally get mine!! Thanks again!!
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Congrats on your incoming Bronco Raptor, it's worth the wait.

bwagner1981

Jan 26, 2023
Bismarck, ND
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Congrats on your incoming Bronco Raptor, it's worth the wait.
I appreciate it!! It's been a long wait as I was an original day 1 reservation for a Wildtrak then switched as that kept getting pushed too so finally the end is near!! 🍻

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I appreciate it!! It's been a long wait as I was an original day 1 reservation for a Wildtrak then switched as that kept getting pushed too so finally the end is near!! 🍻
Same here, I'll now never regret Ford not being able to deliver on the Wildtrak reservation/order and offer the Raptor, sometimes in life what appears to be a big negative turns complete opposite into a huge positive.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

CustomPerformance

Supporting Vendor
Feb 2, 2023
Gallery
Houston, TX
Current Ride
TRX
Current Ride #2
BRaptor
That looks perfect! Did you do a lift to clear the 39-inch tires? Also, do you happen to know what offset the wheels are?
Thanks! I agree, these trucks look absolutely perfect on 39s. No lift, no rub on street driving. Hard offroad it might rub a touch, but I think a 1.5" perch collar would do the trick. Wheels are 17x9 with +0 offset.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Thanks! I agree, these trucks look absolutely perfect on 39s. No lift, no rub on street driving. Hard offroad it might rub a touch, but I think a 1.5" perch collar would do the trick. Wheels are 17x9 with +0 offset.
Any chance you have a photo straight on from the front? The stock beadlock-capable wheels have a +34mm offset. So if my math is right then a 0 offset wheel should stick out about 1.33'' over stock and I'm curious what the poke looks like. Also, are these 39s tires 12.5 inches wide or 13.5?

Top Member Reactions