Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
Gallery
Germantown, TN
Current Ride
2019 Audi S5
Current Ride #2
Harley Springer
Excited to get a 9-26-22 schedule date, but my order sheet doesn't show anything about the sound deadening headliner being included. Is that a default option that all Raptors have it automatically included? Or did my sales guy forget to click the option - I know there's no charge for it, especially being an early reservation (10-10-20) holder...

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
I believe the dealer still needs to select the $0 option. Personally, I opted to leave it off my build.

OP
901Raptor

901Raptor

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
Gallery
Germantown, TN
Current Ride
2019 Audi S5
Current Ride #2
Harley Springer
It's a standard item on BRaptors
That's what I was thinking... does it show up at all on your order sheet? It showed on my original Badlands order, but not on my Raptor order.

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It's optional on BRaptors. It shows up as an option on my order sheet and window sticker. My dealer had to select it (no charge option).

1661183857167.png
1661183926001.png

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
It's optional on BRaptors. It shows up as an option on my order sheet and window sticker. My dealer had to select it (no charge option).

View attachment 1609 View attachment 1610
This is from the Build & Price Tool for BRaptors - shows the Headliner as "included". Going to check with my dealer for some clarity. Worst case scenario: it can be dealer installed.

1661185791896.png

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
This is from the Build & Price Tool for BRaptors - shows the Headliner as "included". Going to check with my dealer for some clarity. Worst case scenario: it can be dealer installed.

View attachment 1611
Why would we think there'd be consistent information on such a simple topic! :) Joking of course..

I just went into B&P for my raptor spec and below is what it says... I went with MGV not leather which may be why my dealer had to select it. Or they could just have conflicting statements.

1661186288358.png

OP
901Raptor

901Raptor

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
Gallery
Germantown, TN
Current Ride
2019 Audi S5
Current Ride #2
Harley Springer
Why would we think there'd be consistent information on such a simple topic! :) Joking of course..

I just went into B&P for my raptor spec and below is what it says... I went with MGV not leather which may be why my dealer had to select it. Or they could just have conflicting statements.

View attachment 1612
I went with MGV as well... but not sure why that would affect anything to do with the hard top!

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
Interesting - why would you opt to leave it off?
I had heard some early reports of the foam gathering dust, falling, etc. I also heard feedback that reduction of noise was minimal. All could be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, I'm originally from West TN (901). My sister lives near Collierville and I get over there somewhat frequently from Cookeville.

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I have MGV/High and had to opt in on $0 headliner. My guess is it may be default standard when selecting Lux (like carpets) or Leather. Seems like this fits with a quick read on this thread

OP
901Raptor

901Raptor

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
Gallery
Germantown, TN
Current Ride
2019 Audi S5
Current Ride #2
Harley Springer
I had heard some early reports of the foam gathering dust, falling, etc. I also heard feedback that reduction of noise was minimal. All could be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, I'm originally from West TN (901). My sister lives near Collierville and I get over the somewhat frequently from Cookeville.
I'm in Germantown, next to Collierville - reach out next time you visit your sister...! Hopefully while driving your Raptor? :)

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I have MGV/High and had to opt in on $0 headliner. My guess is it may be default standard when selecting Lux (like carpets) or Leather. Seems like this fits with a quick read on this thread
That is correct...my dealer confirmed. MGV requires the $0 option to be manually specified, otherwise it comes with no headliner. Leather interior automatically gets it included. I guess the logic behind this has to do with the washout concept (foam headliners would absorb water), but that seems like a weak argument.

At any rate, now I have to see if I can get my dealer to install them at delivery.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That is correct...my dealer confirmed. MGV requires the $0 option to be manually specified, otherwise it comes with no headliner. Leather interior automatically gets it included. I guess the logic behind this has to do with the washout concept (foam headliners would absorb water), but that seems like a weak argument.

At any rate, now I have to see if I can get my dealer to install them at delivery.
On my Jeep which originally didn't have the OEM headliner, I installed dynamat first, then added the Jeep OEM factory headliner. Made a significant difference in transferred heat to the interior, and helped reduce outside noise, especially in rain, but I didn't have anything to compare against other than stock with no headliner. I would do the same on the BRaptor if the headliner wasn't already installed and being the Bronco headliner has more coverage over the Jeep I would expect even better results. It's also worth noting, the Bronco headliner not only has increased coverage but also appears to have the butyl rubber backing similiar to dynamat whereas the Jeep headliner is a lightweight sort-of foam like material with the carpet over the top.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110

I was going for the washout/less complexity angle when I ordered MGV/High. My dealer said the headliner could limit complete washout, but I just couldn’t imagine wanting/needing/willing to spray my cabin roof with a hose in any reasonable scenario. The benefit of some noise reduction was clear and at $0 cost it made checking the box an easy decision.

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
I was going for the washout/less complexity angle when I ordered MGV/High. My dealer said the headliner could limit complete washout, but I just couldn’t imagine wanting/needing/willing to spray my cabin roof with a hose in any reasonable scenario. The benefit of some noise reduction was clear and at $0 cost it made checking the box an easy decision.
I submitted headliner on order form but it does not appear on my sticker, did my dealer miss it?

Top Member Reactions