Steering Assist Fault? Anyone Else ?

PierreTX

May 10, 2023
Boerne
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F-450 Lariat HO
My ordered bronco raptor finally arrived a few weeks ago. The salesman sent me a few photos of it coming off the truck. Days later they still had not called me to come pay for it and pick it up. Something was off. Come to find out, during PDI, they found out that there was a "Steering Assist Fault, Service Required" light on. They couldn't figure out what the problem was. They ended up ordering the entire rack and pinion set up. Of course its on back order with NO ETA. I convinced them to give me the car in the mean time since it drives perfectly fine. Ive been driving it for 2 weeks now with this annoying set of warning chimes upon putting it in gear. Sometimes its a couple chimes, sometimes it chimes for 5-10 minutes before stopping. It (seems) like some kind of a sensor or wiring issue to me? Ive never lost any power steering and it drives perfectly normal. Sometimes the chime cuts itself off and starts over in the middle of the first one, rather than finishing its 3 beeps. Sometimes it has 1 chime with 3 beeps and goes away. Anyone else run into this issue?

Gwendy333

Nov 6, 2023
Oahu, HI
Military
Army
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
1989 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera 25th Anniversary (Hot Rod)
just started happening for my Raptor after 6k miles just not so severely. No loss in power steering not can’t go into R mode or adjust steering settings after it shows the warning. Keeping an eye on it.

Top Member Reactions