The Lethal Braptor gets ceramic coated!

LethalPerformance

Supporting Vendor
Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jun 14, 2022
Gallery
South Florida
Took the Lethal Braptor over to Star Coat Detail in Deerfield Beach, FL for some TLC. Ben got the paint all corrected before putting on a 5 year ceramic coat. We did the entire outside and the Vossens. It came out great!

3ECDB800-1B28-46A2-8D36-CE91DA640817.JPG

5391D8E6-F146-4B82-996A-24EBC17F8287.JPG

396862A3-2184-4645-A0E0-A2A9A3BDC20A.JPG

91159346-0D4C-442A-9E70-FD23AA0E9324.JPG

D937CAC2-4994-4803-934B-F5F1F681AA84.JPG

F8A19280-89EC-4D10-94B5-A096866B48AC.JPG

OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Supporting Vendor
Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jun 14, 2022
Gallery
South Florida

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
How does the new tire / wheel combo affect on and off road driving when compared to standard?

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
In the stable... GR86 10th Anniversary Ed, 4Runner TSE, Cayenne GTS, Cayman S, 235i, Lotus Elise
Beauty!!! 😍

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
In the stable... GR86 10th Anniversary Ed, 4Runner TSE, Cayenne GTS, Cayman S, 235i, Lotus Elise
I had my vehicle completely wrapped with a PPF (paint protection film) and ceramic coated for ~$5K. Ceramic coating is essentially a liquid coating that will prevent water stains, road grime, bird droppings, and other substances from sticking to and etching the paint or in my case discoloring the wrap. With a quick rinse, the dirt will slide right off. Think of it as sort of a wax on steroids…

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas
I had my vehicle completely wrapped with a PPF (paint protection film) and ceramic coated for ~$5K. Ceramic coating is essentially a liquid coating that will prevent water stains, road grime, bird droppings, and other substances from sticking to and etching the paint or in my case discoloring the wrap. With a quick rinse, the dirt will slide right off. Think of it as sort of a wax on steroids…
Awesome!! Sounds like I’ll have to get they done first thing. Do you have a picture of your Raptor wrapped Ect

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas
Took the Lethal Braptor over to Star Coat Detail in Deerfield Beach, FL for some TLC. Ben got the paint all corrected before putting on a 5 year ceramic coat. We did the entire outside and the Vossens. It came out great!

View attachment 4794
View attachment 4795
View attachment 4796
View attachment 4797
View attachment 4798
View attachment 4799
Sorry my ignorance on this but isn’t there both a Glossy and Matte Film you can get ? Or is that not correct ? If so what would you recommend on a Cactus Gray? I’m picking up this week or next week. Trying to get ducks in a row. Thanks for your help!! Awesome looking Raptor !! Again if it is then what you think Matte or Gloss? If that’s a choice

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
Sorry my ignorance on this but isn’t there both a Glossy and Matte Film you can get ? Or is that not correct ? If so what would you recommend on a Cactus Gray? I’m picking up this week or next week. Trying to get ducks in a row. Thanks for your help!! Awesome looking Raptor !! Again if it is then what you think Matte or Gloss? If that’s a choice
Yes! You can select a regular Paint Protection Film (PPF) which is glossy or you can opt for the Stealth PPF which is matte. Cost should be similar (possibly a bit higher for stealth). On top of that, you can opt to have it ceramic coated which would deter the film from yellowing and serve as a sort of a long term wax…

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas
Yes! You can select a regular Paint Protection Film (PPF) which is glossy or you can opt for the Stealth PPF which is matte. Cost should be similar (possibly a bit higher for stealth). On top of that, you can opt to have it ceramic coated which would deter the film from yellowing and serve as a sort of a long term wax…
How much approx for the “all together approximately” to also have it ceramic coated ? And which it what do you suggest ? And any opinions also on a Cqctus Gray what would look the best?

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
I’d say the going rate will be around $6K + tint if you’re doing that as well. With regards to glossy vs matte, truly a personal preference and the “look” you want to go for. We did Stealth/matte on my 4Runner and I opted to keep my Bronco glossy…

Attachments

• 89716468-2473-48CF-9484-56FDD14BBBBA.jpeg
    89716468-2473-48CF-9484-56FDD14BBBBA.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 52
  • BB9FCBDE-42F1-4306-94A9-D16F5C370D2D.jpeg
    BB9FCBDE-42F1-4306-94A9-D16F5C370D2D.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 52

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas
I’d say the going rate will be around $6K + tint if you’re doing that as well. With regards to glossy vs matte, truly a personal preference and the “look” you want to go for. We did Stealth/matte on my 4Runner and I opted to keep my Bronco glossy…
I see what you’re saying . They both look really good. Really Tough decision

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
I see what you’re saying . They both look really good. Really Tough decision
Go with your gut and personal style. You can’t go wrong and IF you hate it…it’s removable! 👍🏽

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
Go with your gut and personal style. You can’t go wrong and IF you hate it…it’s always removable! 👍🏽 Maybe see if the shop you’re going with can put a piece on so you can see it both ways before you commit!!!

cardad

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Moab
Current Ride
Rivian R1T
Current Ride #2
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Does it make sense to ceramic coat PPF? IMO that would not last very long because you really want to ceramic coat a somewhat “primed” surface. Like if you ceramic coat on top of wax or something it won’t last very long because of poor adhesion, and I can’t imagine PPF being very porous.

I haven’t done a “ceramic coat” on any of my personal vehicles in a while nor with any modern brands of product but I was importing gtechniq to detail and nano coat my fleet vehicles before “ceramic coating” was even a thing in the US. It seems like the ceramic coating on PPF wouldn’t last very long vs a cheap “wax” or comparable product given the smooth surface that it’s being applied to.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Does it make sense to ceramic coat PPF? IMO that would not last very long because you really want to ceramic coat a somewhat “primed” surface. Like if you ceramic coat on top of wax or something it won’t last very long because of poor adhesion, and I can’t imagine PPF being very porous.

I haven’t done a “ceramic coat” on any of my personal vehicles in a while nor with any modern brands of product but I was importing gtechniq to detail and nano coat my fleet vehicles before “ceramic coating” was even a thing in the US. It seems like the ceramic coating on PPF wouldn’t last very long vs a cheap “wax” or comparable product given the smooth surface that it’s being applied to.
Absolutely ceramic coat PPF or a high quality non-abrasive spray wax/detailer. The ceramic works great on PPF, enhances shine and when applied to a clean PPF last just as long. Before ceramic coatings, I used Zaino Z-8 spray with great success on PPF. You want to get the edges with the coating well cover to prevent dirt/dust collection around the edges of the PPF where the underlying adhesive is exposed.

Sherpa11

Jan 19, 2022
Gallery
West Hollywood
Current Ride
2004 Discovery, 2012 Range Rover SC, 1990 Toyota 4runner 2 door, 2009 Hummer H3 Alpha
Current Ride #2
2022 Hummer EV, 1977 Bronco, 2021 Bronco First Edition 2 Dr, 2023 Bronco Raptor
do you ppf and ceramic coat the entire car or what parts are not being done if thats the case? and is ppf the same thing as a wrap or colored wrap its just clear or is there a difference? and when wrapping are panels removed or its all done as the car is? sorry for the ignorance here also lol 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Top Member Reactions