SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
In the stable... GR86 10th Anniversary Ed, 4Runner TSE, Cayenne GTS, Cayman S, 235i, Lotus Elise
do you ppf and ceramic coat the entire car or what parts are not being done if thats the case? and is ppf the same thing as a wrap or colored wrap its just clear or is there a difference? and when wrapping are panels removed or its all done as the car is? sorry for the ignorance here also lol 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You can PPF any painted portion of the vehicle you wish to protect. Some decide to just the hood/rocker panels to protect from rock chips, others choose to include the doors and thus do the entire vehicle. PPF is a clear or matte (Stealth) wrap that is approximately 8-12 mils thick. Color change wrap or vinyl is approximately 4 mils thick and usually provides only a color change and is easily nicked. The color change I did on my vehicle around the windshield was subsequently covered with Stealth wrap and then ceramic coated. Depending on the shop, they may remove door handles and other panels to wrap completely around the edges so the wrap is not visible. This comes at a premium. Others will utilize precut pieces that fit very well, but can show “edges” in some areas.
Ceramic coating can be placed wherever you’d potentially wax. It places a hydrophobic coating that makes the car easier to clean. You can also ceramic coat wheels for the same benefits.
Other thing to consider, especially with our Broncos, is ExoShield. ExoShield is applied to the exterior windshield to protect from rock chips on the near vertical windshields. It makes it approximately 6x stronger and is worth the investment.
I feel like I should start selling all this stuff!!! 🤣👍🏽

Top Member Reactions