This is how an Engine gets changed in a Bronco.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Just found this picture from a dealer that had to change out one of the 2.7 engines. I've never had to change out an engine like that before 😲

Brinco Engine Replacment.jpeg

Just found this picture from a dealer that had to change out one of the 2.7 engines. I've never had to change out an engine like that before 😲

View attachment 1013
Gone are the days of rolling the engine around on a hoist. Guess it's not a diy project. Or maybe since the bronco is meant to be modular it's easier than a welded chassis and body

Gone are the days of rolling the engine around on a hoist. Guess it's not a diy project. Or maybe since the bronco is meant to be modular it's easier than a welded chassis and body
Yeah, after posting the pic I saw it's not that uncommon these days. If you have a lift I can see where it would make it easier than the way we used to do it. I'd get a lift if I thought I'd get much use out of it but I don't think I would.

Yeah, after posting the pic I saw it's not that uncommon these days. If you have a lift I can see where it would make it easier than the way we used to do it. I'd get a lift if I thought I'd get much use out of it but I don't think I would.
I see used lifts for $2k, if my garage had the head space I’d already have one.

Ford Superduty's have the cab lifted for major engine service/replacement, I'm guessing its the easiest way for body on frame truck based vehicles.

I would be surprised to see BRaptor owners upgrading their engines. At least initially, because we have no reason to believe it is underpowered. Plus, if you wanted a monster V8-powered Bronco, you wouldn’t start with an $80+K Raptor, but more likely with a Base Bronco (<$40K), then feel better about going nuts on mods and upgrades.

Back