This is how an Engine gets changed in a Bronco.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Just found this picture from a dealer that had to change out one of the 2.7 engines. I've never had to change out an engine like that before šŸ˜²

Brinco Engine Replacment.jpeg

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Just found this picture from a dealer that had to change out one of the 2.7 engines. I've never had to change out an engine like that before šŸ˜²

View attachment 1013
Gone are the days of rolling the engine around on a hoist. Guess it's not a diy project. Or maybe since the bronco is meant to be modular it's easier than a welded chassis and body

OP
Rob41

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Gone are the days of rolling the engine around on a hoist. Guess it's not a diy project. Or maybe since the bronco is meant to be modular it's easier than a welded chassis and body
Yeah, after posting the pic I saw it's not that uncommon these days. If you have a lift I can see where it would make it easier than the way we used to do it. I'd get a lift if I thought I'd get much use out of it but I don't think I would.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Yeah, after posting the pic I saw it's not that uncommon these days. If you have a lift I can see where it would make it easier than the way we used to do it. I'd get a lift if I thought I'd get much use out of it but I don't think I would.
I see used lifts for $2k, if my garage had the head space Iā€™d already have one.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Ford Superduty's have the cab lifted for major engine service/replacement, I'm guessing its the easiest way for body on frame truck based vehicles.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I would be surprised to see BRaptor owners upgrading their engines. At least initially, because we have no reason to believe it is underpowered. Plus, if you wanted a monster V8-powered Bronco, you wouldnā€™t start with an $80+K Raptor, but more likely with a Base Bronco (<$40K), then feel better about going nuts on mods and upgrades.

Top Member Reactions