Top light bar options

Ranger345

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2022
Gallery
Gretna ne
I decided to go with Rigid 360 6 inch amber for my Raptor. I know they are kind of pricey, but I really like the way they look. What's the consensus on what mount to use? For those that do have top mount lights how is the noise... is it an issue?

RileyBlizz

Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Boston, MA
Current Ride
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
I chose the Heretic 40” Light Bar and their two pod ditch lights. Very pleased with the product they put out. No noise from wind or anything from the light bar nor the pod ditch lights. I get lots of compliments on them as well. I also have a DV8 push bar with DV8 Light built into the push bar.

Attachments

• F10A0723-89E1-46C8-AB66-95D85A748402.jpeg
    F10A0723-89E1-46C8-AB66-95D85A748402.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_7321.MOV
    28.7 MB

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I chose the Heretic 40” Light Bar and their two pod ditch lights. Very pleased with the product they put out. No noise from wind or anything from the light bar nor the pod ditch lights. I get lots of compliments on them as well. I also have a DV8 push bar with DV8 Light built into the push bar.
That's a nice-looking setup. I like that your light bar above the windshield sits below the top of the roof. That probably helps to keep the wind noise down.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I went all Baja Designs. I have the 50" S8 on the roof, 2 XL 80's on the pillars, a 30" laser hybrid on the bumper and a couple S2's out back. I also did an 8 pcs Lux lighting magnetic rock light set underneath too. I wired it all myself and it took a little while. the local shop wanted over $2k to wire that stuff so I said how about no. Everything is to the upfitters minus the 30" on the bumper. I had to run that switch separate since there was not enough amperage to handle it all on the factory switches. I did have some wind noise/ whistling at first on the roof. Luckily the S8 is fairly thin so I was able to adjust it back within the bracket they sent. I also put some thin door seal rubber on some of the fins and moved it as close to the roof line as I could and any whistling is now gone. It seems to me based on what I saw online that the closer it is to the vehicle the less of a chance you have of creating that noise. If you can't adjust with whatever bracket you have then try some of that thin door seal rubber on the heat sink fins and it should help. You can get it on Amazon for like $15-20 for 10'-15' or so.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I went all Baja Designs. I have the 50" S8 on the roof, 2 XL 80's on the pillars, a 30" laser hybrid on the bumper and a couple S2's out back. I also did an 8 pcs Lux lighting magnetic rock light set underneath too. I wired it all myself and it took a little while. the local shop wanted over $2k to wire that stuff so I said how about no. Everything is to the upfitters minus the 30" on the bumper. I had to run that switch separate since there was not enough amperage to handle it all on the factory switches. I did have some wind noise/ whistling at first on the roof. Luckily the S8 is fairly thin so I was able to adjust it back within the bracket they sent. I also put some thin door seal rubber on some of the fins and moved it as close to the roof line as I could and any whistling is now gone. It seems to me based on what I saw online that the closer it is to the vehicle the less of a chance you have of creating that noise. If you can't adjust with whatever bracket you have then try some of that thin door seal rubber on the heat sink fins and it should help. You can get it on Amazon for like $15-20 for 10'-15' or so.
Likely headed that direction myself…

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Likely headed that direction myself…
You won't regret it. They are incredibly bright. They are pricey, but I work in lighting for a living so I wasn't about to slack on the Braptor. Those laser chips are nuts and don't lose output over distance. They easily go further than you can see. One thing I will say is that they do take some trial and error getting the aiming right.

Top Member Reactions