Top on or off

AZ BRAPTOR

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Arizona
What are your plans for your Braptor, primarily driving with roof on or off? Haven’t seen any soft top options available yet.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Top on, may remove front and mid panels occasionally. We have a conflict of interest, when nice enough in Michigan to have the roof off we will be on the water. Raptor will be used in spring and fall when the top will be welcomed.

OP
A

AZ BRAPTOR

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Arizona
I’m curious if there is way on the Braptor (with the middle cross beam) to have only the front and mid panels on but remove the rear cover.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I’m curious if there is way on the Braptor (with the middle cross beam) to have only the front and mid panels on but remove the rear cover.
Interesting idea. I had asked in one of the forums if you could remove the back and have the front 3 sections on and people pointed to some ford videos like that but it wasn’t clear if it would work. But that would solve a problem if the b pillar brace could secure the front 3 sections

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
What are your plans for your Braptor, primarily driving with roof on or off? Haven’t seen any soft top options available yet.
Any of the standard Bronco soft top options should work on the Bronco Raptor. We still have to confirm that they will work with the Bronco Raptors B pillar brace, but otherwise, everything else is the same as the standard Bronco.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Any of the standard Bronco soft top options should work on the Bronco Raptor. We still have to confirm that they will work with the Bronco Raptors B pillar brace, but otherwise, everything else is the same as the standard Bronco.
@Dragoon - I'd be careful with that as a blanket statement. There are some body changes, the fenders flare out a little more near the gas cap, and other subtle changes that might make things designed for the bronco NOT work for the BRaptor. Things like the Gobi rack, might hit the chassis differently, the straps for the bimini's will need to be different to make it around the C-pillar, etc.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Everything I have seen so far says the Bronco Raptor is the same from the bottom of the windows on up (except for the additional bracing of course). Anything below that will be different/wider. Top options should be flexible, but obviously, we need to confirm that.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I read somewhere that Bestop said their top wouldn’t work with the Raptor. Not sure if that was their official position or just because they hadn’t tested it yet.

OP
A

AZ BRAPTOR

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Arizona
Yea I think we will just have to see if there are any cross pieces that would fall where the raptor cross bar placement is. Otherwise will be nice to have a few options. I’m out in AZ and not sure if a Bimini shade here in summer would be enough. Might need a more solid cover that’s why I was hoping could run the 3 front panels with only rear removed.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Yea I think we will just have to see if there are any cross pieces that would fall where the raptor cross bar placement is. Otherwise will be nice to have a few options. I’m out in AZ and not sure if a Bimini shade here in summer would be enough. Might need a more solid cover that’s why I was hoping could run the 3 front panels with only rear removed.
I wonder if there is anyone from ford that we could ask. Or is it a wait and see??

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Everything I have seen so far says the Bronco Raptor is the same from the bottom of the windows on up (except for the additional bracing of course). Anything below that will be different/wider. Top options should be flexible, but obviously, we need to confirm that.
There are implications for other things too, like roof-mounted lights, so I'm hoping you're right so that our aftermarket options are enhanced.

OP
A

AZ BRAPTOR

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Arizona
Would be cool if you could run the Sunrider top without the rear panels or if they end up making an extending Sunrider style top to replace front and middle rows.

4DE3D7B7-04C3-47C6-98CA-9D8D9CB8817E.jpeg

Abbe

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2022
Niceville, FL
Military
USAF (Retired)
Current Ride
2021 GMC HD AT4
Current Ride #2
RR Evoque Convertible
Before I start bugging the folks at Bestop, has anyone resolved this issue (soft top compatibility)?

Top Member Reactions