Turbo Smart Plumb Back BOV and Lethal Power Pack

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I want to start off by saying this is in no way a bad review and just what I have discovered and experienced so far with some products I have ordered. Lethal has done a great job getting me the products I ordered quickly and I know these vehicles are brand new and not everyone has checked out every detail on them.

Item # 1- The turbosmart plumb back BOV. This is the exact same BOV that comes stock on these Bronco Raptors. Unless you are wanting to make the whoosh sound you have absolutely no reason to change it out. Ford did a great job and put a great product on it right out of the factory. See images. Took a pic of the one I took off and the new and they are the exact same part number minus what I think are the production time period numbers. Maybe the 2.3L and 2.7L came with weaker less capable BOV's, but the Raptor did not. If you are thinking you are upgrading and don't want the whoosh sound save your money. You already have the Turbosmart installed.

Item #2- I ordered the power pack which includes the JB4 tuner and Whipple Mega Cooler. I have not received the intercooler yet, but it should show up tomorrow. If you go to buy the JB4 separate from the power pack their is a drop down screen that lets you choose the blue tooth module or hard wire module. With the power pack there is no option for this so I assumed since it was a kit it would come with everything I needed. It does not. Needless to say I have ordered a $140 Bluetooth module separate now to actually be able to use the thing. I am sure they will probably update their website at some point soon and it was more that likely just looked over when they added it to the site.
BOV2.jpg
BOV1.jpg

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Hopefully Lethal will recompense you in some way, or indeed this does not speak highly of a sponsor.

Thanks for the intel.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Thank you for the heads up info. Guessing this is one of the many "Ford Performance" upgrades we have on the Bronco Raptor. Lethal didn't have a Bronco Raptor yet to confirm the turbosmart plumb back BOV was indeed identical to OEM when you placing your order, therefore Lethal was simply offering us the latest performance parts available. :cool:

Update 10Nov22: our stock BOV is Not the TurboSmart upgrade. See Lethal's post below

Last edited:
OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Thank you for the heads up info. Guessing this is one of the many "Ford Performance" upgrades we have on the Bronco Raptor. Lethal didn't have a Bronco Raptor yet to confirm the turbosmart plumb back BOV was indeed identical to OEM when you placing your order, therefore Lethal was simply offering us the latest performance parts available. :cool:
I totally agree. I am not blaming them on that since they had absolutely no way to know this and could only compare other engine types. They want to sell product. I do the same thing all day too. They threw up the power pack and forgot a drop down window. Not a big deal. If I ordered it separately I would have to add it anyway. I just saw the pic of the tuner and the phone next to it and thought the kit came with some kind of connectivity or they would have left the phone out of the pic.

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
Very interested to hear your feedback on the power pack.

Was this turbosmart the same one SVT installed on theirs?

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Very interested to hear your feedback on the power pack.

Was this turbosmart the same one SVT installed on theirs?
Not sure. They appear to be the same BOV regardless, but one vents internally and one vents to atmosphere making the whoosh sound. I’ve had the whoosh before and didn’t want it again so I opted for plumb back. Turns out I already had it. Ha

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Not sure. They appear to be the same BOV regardless, but one vents internally and one vents to atmosphere making the whoosh sound. I’ve had the whoosh before and didn’t want it again so I opted for plumb back. Turns out I already had it. Ha
Lethal Performance seems to be cool so I bet when you reach out to them they are willing to make it right.

Logan@Lethal

Supporting Vendor
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Hilton Head, SC
Current Ride
Awaiting Wildtrak
Current Ride #2
G70 3.3T
I want to start off by saying this is in no way a bad review and just what I have discovered and experienced so far with some products I have ordered. Lethal has done a great job getting me the products I ordered quickly and I know these vehicles are brand new and not everyone has checked out every detail on them.

Item # 1- The turbosmart plumb back BOV. This is the exact same BOV that comes stock on these Bronco Raptors. Unless you are wanting to make the whoosh sound you have absolutely no reason to change it out. Ford did a great job and put a great product on it right out of the factory. See images. Took a pic of the one I took off and the new and they are the exact same part number minus what I think are the production time period numbers. Maybe the 2.3L and 2.7L came with weaker less capable BOV's, but the Raptor did not. If you are thinking you are upgrading and don't want the whoosh sound save your money. You already have the Turbosmart installed.

Item #2- I ordered the power pack which includes the JB4 tuner and Whipple Mega Cooler. I have not received the intercooler yet, but it should show up tomorrow. If you go to buy the JB4 separate from the power pack their is a drop down screen that lets you choose the blue tooth module or hard wire module. With the power pack there is no option for this so I assumed since it was a kit it would come with everything I needed. It does not. Needless to say I have ordered a $140 Bluetooth module separate now to actually be able to use the thing. I am sure they will probably update their website at some point soon and it was more that likely just looked over when they added it to the site.
View attachment 4309View attachment 4308

Hey buddy - first I want to thank you for the order and support.. with that being said, I apologize for these issues you've run into. It looks like we've been had - the FOMOCO recirculating BOV is certainly different than the Turbosmart one... BUT this was drop shipped from the manufacturer and someone must've bought the TS one and then returned their OEM one. This is why we wanted to see a picture of the two next to each other as the TS one looks totally different. We can swap out that OEM one for the proper TS recirculating one OR if you'd like to go to the dual port, just let us know.

Regarding the bluetooth dongle, if you'd like to grab one - we'd be happy to help. I believe it was added to the powerpack shortly after. You can use Map0 and Map1 w/o any sort of connector.

Let me know what you want to do and your shirt size so I can get one thrown in with whichever route you decide on. Send me a PM whenever you'd like.

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Lethal got it all figured out for me. Turns out some jack wagon ordered a new BOV and then sent back his stock one acting like it was the turbosmart and then I got sent his return. I should have the new TS BOV on Saturday. Anyway, people make mistakes and what matters is they got me taken care of. I have the JB4 up and running and on map 1 I don't notice a ton of difference. Now when you go to map 2 you are like, OH Crap - I feel it, then you plug up map 3 you are like, OHHH CRAP that is some noticeable horse power right there. HA. I plan to install the Whipple Mega Cooler on Saturday so I don't have any input on that yet, but if you are wanting some noticeable power gains then the JB4 will let you feel it. I have always ran this Braptor on 93 since I got it which is a map 3 need, but I plan to daily drive map 2 or 1 and when I want to have some more fun I will swap to map 3. It is cool having these options that is for sure. I can simply click map 0 on the app if I want to run stock, but who would want to do that?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Cool, I was sure Lethal would make it right. On the downside my post above assuming Ford Performance did us a solid by upgrading the BOV was just wishful thinking on my part. Looks like a BOV upgrade is in the future. Good feedback on the JB4! Another must have upgrade! Performance upgrades are easy to explain to the wife, "it just won't run without it", or when she asks "I thought you weren't going to modify it" I simply say "I didn't pull the engine". :giggle:

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Same here. Mine said "you told me it already had everything you needed on it and you didn't need to do anything to it." I said " That was the suspension I was talking about. I don't need to lift it or add bigger tires to it. I never said I was going to do nothing to it." Meanwhile boxes from Metal Tech, Lethal Performance, Pakmule, Diabolical, lux lighitng, and baja designs are showing up at the house. None of those places make tires or shocks though. HA. I don't plan to lift it or add bigger tires to it though. HA.

Top Member Reactions