What Shackles do you prefer?

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
Hello everyone,

Haven't seen a thread on this and am curious as to what Shackles you Braptor owners are fond of? I see pictures in the gallery with shackles on vehicles but just want to see which ones you guys prefer.

Thank you

To use or to look at? I’m pretty sold on soft shackles (any reputable brand) for any situation to use (lighter, safer), but they‘re not meant to be left out in the sun, thus not much good for looking at

I agree with JohnGalt, Soft Shackles. I don't have any experience with either, but from what I have read and seen in recovery video's I'm sold on soft shackles. I have 2 new soft shackles with a recovery rope in my Bronco Raptor should I ever need. For cosmetics, metal can look nice and I like these below from AR, there are a couple of member's on this site that have them.

Growing up in mid-west, I remember too many instances of breaking chains, tow hooks, and hitch balls flying thru windshields. Below is a good safety video to view before considering a recovery pull.

I agree with JohnGalt, Soft Shackles. I don't have any experience with either, but from what I have read and seen in recovery video's I'm sold on soft shackles. I have 2 new soft shackles with a recovery rope in my Bronco Raptor should I ever need. For cosmetics, metal can look nice and I like these below from AR, there are a couple of member's on this site that have them.

Growing up in mid-west, I remember too many instances of breaking chains, tow hooks, and hitch balls flying thru windshields. Below is a good safety video to view before considering a recovery pull.

This was great information. Thank you for sharing. I definitely need to learn those techniques.
Thanks for sharing

I was administrator for several cranes up to 50 tons. Crosby makes the best!
As a side note, Crosby is also the most counterfeit, copyrighted product in the world.

Anyone else order AR shackles? I ordered a set about three months ago and they have no specific information relative to completion date. A little bit disappointing when a company can not even provide specificity about production status and anticipated shipment date frame.

Anyone else order AR shackles? I ordered a set about three months ago and they have no specific information relative to completion date. A little bit disappointing when a company can not even provide specificity about production status and anticipated shipment date frame.
I have the original (larger size) SITH Shackles from AR as well as a BYOD rail. They take a long time to get but the quality is top notch. Message eightlug over on 6g Curtis usually responds pretty quick there.

I have the original (larger size) SITH Shackles from AR as well as a BYOD rail. They take a long time to get but the quality is top notch. Message eightlug over on 6g Curtis usually responds pretty quick there.
Thank you sir! And congratulations on the photo contest. Although the hound is in the passenger seat in the photo, I have a sneeking suspicion that it was actually driving the Raptor at some point, it just has the look about him or her.

Thank you sir! And congratulations on the photo contest. Although the hound is in the passenger seat in the photo, I have a sneeking suspicion that it was actually driving the Raptor at some point, it just has the look about him or her.
Thanks - yeah I'd pretty much let him drive if he wanted to.

Anybody used Broncoshackles.com? I just placed my order for some. Went with the COBB rear hitch receiver and shackle but replacing the silver shackle with a black one.

Hello everyone,

Haven't seen a thread on this and am curious as to what Shackles you Braptor owners are fond of? I see pictures in the gallery with shackles on vehicles but just want to see which ones you guys prefer.

Thank you
I like Rhino.

Back