What Shackles do you prefer?

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
Hello everyone,

Haven't seen a thread on this and am curious as to what Shackles you Braptor owners are fond of? I see pictures in the gallery with shackles on vehicles but just want to see which ones you guys prefer.

Thank you

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
To use or to look at? I’m pretty sold on soft shackles (any reputable brand) for any situation to use (lighter, safer), but they‘re not meant to be left out in the sun, thus not much good for looking at

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I agree with JohnGalt, Soft Shackles. I don't have any experience with either, but from what I have read and seen in recovery video's I'm sold on soft shackles. I have 2 new soft shackles with a recovery rope in my Bronco Raptor should I ever need. For cosmetics, metal can look nice and I like these below from AR, there are a couple of member's on this site that have them.

Growing up in mid-west, I remember too many instances of breaking chains, tow hooks, and hitch balls flying thru windshields. Below is a good safety video to view before considering a recovery pull.

OP
B

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
I agree with JohnGalt, Soft Shackles. I don't have any experience with either, but from what I have read and seen in recovery video's I'm sold on soft shackles. I have 2 new soft shackles with a recovery rope in my Bronco Raptor should I ever need. For cosmetics, metal can look nice and I like these below from AR, there are a couple of member's on this site that have them.

Growing up in mid-west, I remember too many instances of breaking chains, tow hooks, and hitch balls flying thru windshields. Below is a good safety video to view before considering a recovery pull.

This was great information. Thank you for sharing. I definitely need to learn those techniques.
Thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions