Why did you buy a Bronco Raptor?

Angleiron

Dec 3, 2022
Midwest
Current Ride
F150 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2008 Dodge Viper
For me it was about being different from everyone else. Wife has a Jeep Rubicon but those are a dime a dozen these days. I have no need for this vehicle, it is a want and nothing more.

2nd question...

Why are you willing to pay over MSRP for something like this?

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
I've stated this before on other threads; however, the Braptor just has that much more than any other model. I ordered a 2022 Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 fully loaded thinking it would be relatively close to purchasing a Braptor. I initially wanted to order a Braptor but was not issued a "Golden Ticket".

A few weeks prior to taking delivery of the Wildtrak, I watched a side by side comparison with a Sasquatch Bronco and a Braptor. As the reviewer went through almost every component of the vehicles, I only just then realized just how much of a difference there was. It wasn't just the engine, shocks, tires and interior. Most of the the suspension components, lights, frame/bracing, tow package and fenders were also upgraded. It was then that I was convinced spending the extra money was worth it.

Having driven my Braptor for 700 miles now, I have no regrets. The ride quality and the upgraded interior alone have made it worthwhile for me. Lastly, having owned 3 F-150 Raptors, I know the resale value will be strong as well.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
For me, it was the opportunity (Golden Ticket) and price (MSRP) that, in addition to the increased capability that pushed me to pull the trigger. Had there been an ADM to deal with, I would have passed and stuck with my original 2-dr BadSquatch order.

Powerfiend

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
Dodge Ram
I originally ordered a BadSquatch. Goal was to have something new, capable, and fun to take the family out on off road trips. We have a WJ Jeep that is, lets just say a little too rough for hauling the family around in for any long period of time. After having the opportunity to upgrade to a Braptor we went and did the Off-Rodeo event in Nevada. That's when I knew having a capable and comfortable Bronco, like the Raptor, was the ticket.

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
I don’t have mine yet, it’s a really expensive piece of paper, but I always dreamed of purchasing a raptor, just couldn’t justify the cost, but when we heard the bronco (after ordering a badlands) was going to be turned into a raptor I got pretty excited I asked the hubs and after he researched the heck out of it he agreed that the upgrades etc were worth the difference in cost.. we contacted our sales guy and BOOM … now we just patiently wait and store the cash so we can pay for it when it arrives 😊🤞🏻🎄 hopefully soon

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
For me, it was the opportunity (Golden Ticket) and price (MSRP) that, in addition to the increased capability that pushed me to pull the trigger. Had there been an ADM to deal with, I would have passed and stuck with my original 2-dr BadSquatch ordered.
Unlike you I wasn't fortunate to receive the Golden ticket so I had the dilemma of paying MSRP for the Wildtrak or paying over MSRP for the Braptor. The pain of paying over MSRP was eased with a credit for my Wildtrak and the higher trade-in value the dealer gave me for my GT-350. Had it not been for those two factors I would not have purchased the Braptor. The origninal purchaser was going to pay double over MSRP than I did.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions