MIC Top shortage = bronco raptors 2023 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I was curious if anyone has heard if the new MIC top shortage is effecting bronco raptors ? Originally it was reported that it was not. But after reading and digging thru some other forums and info I am having my second thoughts and doubts. For example when this news hit this week my ford e-mail notifications that I was receiving from ford in regards to tracking my bronco raptor progress no longer comes up in my e-mail search. My build week was supposed to be February 6. I have spoke to my dealer and as of Tuesday night he told me that this MIC hard top shortage does apply to Model Year 2023 bronco raptors. But since then customers of other bronco models are being told that their broncos are canceled for model year 2023 and can be built in 2024. Does anyone know if this does apply to model year 2023 bronco raptors. Seems odd that ford motor company has done a return to sender on only ford e-mails that apply to tracking my bronco raptor build.

stumpm2

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2022
Gallery
Rockies
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 F350 Tremor, 1967 Ford Bronco
If you your Bronco Raptor has been scheduled and has a VIN it should get built and the MIC top will not impact. It is unclear yet if the MIC top will impact Raptor Orders currently unscheduled.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
If you your Bronco Raptor has been scheduled and has a VIN it should get built and the MIC top will not impact. It is unclear yet if the MIC top will impact Raptor Orders currently unscheduled.
thank you. I was very close to moving on because we are not just buying this as a toy, it is actually going to be a second daily driver. Although in the past every time that I have not been able to pull up tracking e-mails from ford it is usually bad news.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
Stay the course; you are only 3 weeks away from having a built BRaptor. :love:
Then another 3-6 weeks to get it delivered.
What bothers me about this is not being able to pull up my tracking info from ford in my e-mail search and customers are having broncos canceled when they had been given build dates, which means they had vin. numbers. Not confident. May end up in a LX 570.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
What bothers me about this is not being able to pull up my tracking info from ford in my e-mail search and customers are having broncos canceled when they had been given build dates, which means they had vin. numbers. Not confident. May end up in a LX 570.
I hear your concern. I just checked my status and the page is still there although it took 2 tries to get it to load. Screenshot 2023-01-20 184045.jpg

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I had just changed mine from code orange to hot pepper red after seeing a fully loaded outer banks with the sasq. package in hot pepper. Great looking color on the bronco.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
It's a tricky color. Depending on the lighting it can look blood red or burnt orange. There are several photos posted in the forum, but as you say, seeing it in person makes your eyes pop. :love:

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
It's a tricky color. Depending on the lighting it can look blood red or burnt orange. There are several photos posted in the forum, but as you say, seeing it in person makes your eyes pop. :love:
I agree. I really like the code orange, but I like the hot pepper red better on the bronco, especially with graphics.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I have to say this. I have come to the realization that my bronco raptor is about to be delayed yet again or maybe even pushed back to 2024 build. If that happens I will not be buying a bronco raptor. I already looked at a LX 570 Tuesday and the dealership offered me msrp for my 37 raptor F 150 on trade. I'll actually be putting money in my pocket on that deal.

The other issue that really bothers me is as of right now is that very wealthy elites and main stream celebrities are taking deliveries of their F 150 Raptor R's. Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture while customers, who in some cases have waited as long as 2 years for their badlands, wildtraks, and other broncos are being told that their orders are being canceled. MIC supply issue or not this is a serious problem. I have to say at 56 years old I have never seen a automobile manufacturer botch a vehicle launch and continue to absolutely make things worse and continue to dig themselves into a deeper hole.

This whole MIC ROOF issue that popped up this week shows a complete incompetence in management and foresight like I have never seen in vehicle production. Jim Farley loves to take credit for all these great " we are sold out of this vehicle tweets that he puts out", but I hope he is man enough to put out a statement and take responsibility for a desaterous vehicle launch and production process. It all comes down to volume and greed.

In the end I really don't feel good about writing ford a $ 85,000.00 check for incompetence.

Dan Lee

Jan 20, 2023
Graford Texas
Military
no
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
First Responder
no
I have to say this. I have come to the realization that my bronco raptor is about to be delayed yet again or maybe even pushed back to 2024 build. If that happens I will not be buying a bronco raptor. I already looked at a LX 570 Tuesday and the dealership offered me msrp for my 37 raptor F 150 on trade. I'll actually be putting money in my pocket on that deal.

The other issue that really bothers me is as of right now is that very wealthy elites and main stream celebrities are taking deliveries of their F 150 Raptor R's. Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture while customers, who in some cases have waited as long as 2 years for their badlands, wildtraks, and other broncos are being told that their orders are being canceled. MIC supply issue or not this is a serious problem. I have to say at 56 years old I have never seen a automobile manufacturer botch a vehicle launch and continue to absolutely make things worse and continue to dig themselves into a deeper hole.

This whole MIC ROOF issue that popped up this week shows a complete incompetence in management and foresight like I have never seen in vehicle production. Jim Farley loves to take credit for all these great " we are sold out of this vehicle tweets that he puts out", but I hope he is man enough to put out a statement and take responsibility for a desaterous vehicle launch and production process. It all comes down to volume and greed.

In the end I really don't feel good about writing ford a $ 85,000.00 check for incompetence.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
$85k? If you can buy one for MSRP you are winning. It took nine months to get my 2022, it delivered 2 weeks ahead of 2023!
I have an agreement at msrp. It’s not the dealership that I don’t trust, it’s ford. It’s real obvious that thru this whole MIC sh*t shoe fords word is absolute garbage and in my book if your word means nothing I would rather not do business with FMC.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I have an agreement at msrp. It’s not the dealership that I don’t trust, it’s ford. It’s real obvious that thru this whole MIC sh*t shoe fords word is absolute garbage and in my book if your word means nothing I would rather not do business with FMC.
I've been reading on Ford's Private offer rules and the 3 Bronco constraint issues as I have a fully optioned badlands on order. There is no indication that the specialty Bronco models are effected by constraints. The MIC top doesn't have any known issues limiting production beyond the physical production capacity of the supplier. Ford is attempting to balance out in 2023 MY thereby restoring per-pandemic processes, and current customer backlog demand for the 3 mentioned constraints exceeds supplier production capacity. Therefore Ford is offering this additional private offer simply in attempt to fulfill all 2023 customer retail orders while staying within the limits of production capacity. I have to also think Ford may be attempting to flush out invalid Bronco retail orders placed by unethical dealers.

There isn't anything I have found indicating Bronco Raptor production is effected by the MIC constraint. The only MIC problem is the rumors and the known supplier production capacity.

I understand your dilema, my wife's Explorer lease expires in November, the plan is to replace with a new Badlands as ordered, but due to the constraints that may not be possible. We are rolling the dice in hopes to not be cancelled, fortunately she really likes her Explorer, so alternatively she may be getting a 2024 Explorer or Macan.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I've been reading on Ford's Private offer rules and the 3 Bronco constraint issues as I have a fully optioned badlands on order. There is no indication that the specialty Bronco models are effected by constraints. The MIC top doesn't have any known issues limiting production beyond the physical production capacity of the supplier. Ford is attempting to balance out in 2023 MY thereby restoring per-pandemic processes, and current customer backlog demand for the 3 mentioned constraints exceeds supplier production capacity. Therefore Ford is offering this additional private offer simply in attempt to fulfill all 2023 customer retail orders while staying within the limits of production capacity. I have to also think Ford may be attempting to flush out invalid Bronco retail orders placed by unethical dealers.

There isn't anything I have found indicating Bronco Raptor production is effected by the MIC constraint. The only MIC problem is the rumors and the known supplier production capacity.

I understand your dilema, my wife's Explorer lease expires in November, the plan is to replace with a new Badlands as ordered, but due to the constraints that may not be possible. We are rolling the dice in hopes to not be cancelled, fortunately she really likes her Explorer, so alternatively she may be getting a 2024 Explorer or Macan.
You can be naive and trust ford, I do not.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA

In the end I really don't feel good about writing ford a $ 85,000.00 check for incompetence.B
I'm in a similar boat in that I have a 'week of Feb 6' production date, currently. It's slipped a couple times and I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped again but, given how close it is / the fact that it's serialized, I highly doubt it'll get pushed out more than another couple weeks.

I'm dissimilar in that, while I'm eager to get the BRap, I haven't lost faith. Having your soon-to-be extra toy get delayed a bit is a first world problem to begin with. And while I've been through a couple of these specialty vehicle delay issues with Ford (as a customer), I have some empathy for their current dilemma with the Bronco, in general. It's been a sort of perfect storm: a) launching a brand new platform so it's hard to gauge demand...and demand has far exceeded expectations; 2) launching a vehicle with a fairly-complex set of possible commodity challenges based on demand; 3) an unprecedented set of supply chain challenges. It's a really tough one to get right.

The fact that you haven't seen this or that in your 56 years doesn't mean much to me because I don't know how close you are to these issues...

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I'm in a similar boat in that I have a 'week of Feb 6' production date, currently. It's slipped a couple times and I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped again but, given how close it is / the fact that it's serialized, I highly doubt it'll get pushed out more than another couple weeks.

I'm dissimilar in that, while I'm eager to get the BRap, I haven't lost faith. Having your soon-to-be extra toy get delayed a bit is a first world problem to begin with. And while I've been through a couple of these specialty vehicle delay issues with Ford (as a customer), I have some empathy for their current dilemma with the Bronco, in general. It's been a sort of perfect storm: a) launching a brand new platform so it's hard to gauge demand...and demand has far exceeded expectations; 2) launching a vehicle with a fairly-complex set of possible commodity challenges based on demand; 3) an unprecedented set of supply chain challenges. It's a really tough one to get right.

The fact that you haven't seen this or that in your 56 years doesn't mean much to me because I don't know how close you are to these issues...other than being an impatient consumer.
To me this is not a toy, its a second daily driver in the family. I think ford completely botched this entire bronco launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions