2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Has Started To Arrive At Dealers

Published on Ford Authority August 31, 2022
By Brett Foote

Article copied below, courtesy reference link to original article on Ford Authority.

1661961452931.png

The 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor was revealed back in January as an even more off-road-capable version of the already off-road capable Ford Bronco, a high-performance SUV that quickly sold out for the 2022 model year amid high demand. Since then, the Bronco Raptor has earned universally positive reviews for its incredible capability, though the public has yet to enjoy the impressive upgrades it presents over a Sasquatch Package-equipped Bronco. That is about to happen, however, as Ford North America Product Communications director Mike Levine revealed via Twitter that the 2022 Ford Bronco is shipping and arriving at dealers as we speak.

1661961552252.png

The 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor is powered by the twin-turbocharged Ford 3.0L V6 EcoBoost engine, which cranks out 418 horsepower and 440 pound-feet of torque, making it the most powerful Bronco to date. However, it also presents the worst fuel economy of any current Bronco model, with EPA estimates of 15 miles-per-gallon in the city, 16 on the highway, and 15 combined. But that’s to be expected from a squared-off SUV that rides on 37-inch tires, we suppose.

1661961752010.png

As Ford Authority reported last month, Bronco Raptor planning actually began before the regular sixth-gen Bronco launched, though the automaker threw most everyone off the trail by naming the project “Warthog.” With that name plastered in various places on certain prototypes, many expected the production version of the hardcore off-roader to be called the Bronco Warthog, though that obviously didn’t come to fruition.

1661961794872.png

While the 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor is being built in limited quantities with most going to carryover reservation holders, those interested in experiencing it will be able to do so via the SUV’s own special Bronco Off-Roadeo offshoot, as Ford Authority reported earlier this month.

We’ll have more on the Bronco Raptor soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Bronco news and ongoing Ford news coverage.

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Just since warthog is mentioned in the article... My dealer sent me a copy of my OASIS info yesterday. Take a gander at the "version/series" name. Apparently Ford labeled it as warthog somewhere in their myriad of systems.

1661965960823.png

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
Has anyone in Canada received any sort of date? Aside from our order date 😂🤣😂
I’ve talked to my sales guy and ford performance monthly LOL and still sitting in unscheduled clean 😔 hoping soon 🤞🏻

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
Just since warthog is mentioned in the article... My dealer sent me a copy of my OASIS info yesterday. Take a gander at the "version/series" name. Apparently Ford labeled it as warthog somewhere in their myriad of systems.

View attachment 1690
How long does it take from when modules go live til braptor moves out of production, build was Aug 25th and modules went live on Aug 29th but still listed in producTion?

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
How long does it take from when modules go live til braptor moves out of production, build was Aug 25th and modules went live on Aug 29th but still listed in producTion?
Well, mine went live in June and is still “in production”. There’s not really a set answer to your question.

Top Member Reactions