Anyone seen a BRaptor photo with fender flares off?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
San Diego
Current Ride
2020 Explorer ST
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I've seen hundreds of Bronco Raptor photos...maybe more. But I don't recall a single one that shows what it looks like with the fender flares taken off. Anyone else seen one?

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
No. Flares are not meant to be removable like a Bronco, just like it would be hard to find a pic of a Tacoma without fender flares

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
San Diego
Current Ride
2020 Explorer ST
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
They can definitely be removed, just not as easily as a regular Bronco. Might be worth considering it for a serious day or weekend of rock crawling (like the Rubicon Trail for example), though I'd never do it for typical California desert trips. Just curious to see what the rig looks like without them...

TurboS-957

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Michigan
Current Ride
Jeep JK Polar Edition
In one of the BR launch video's it's mentioned fendor flares may be removed but you first need to remove the flare/fendor liner to access the bolts retaining the flare to the fender. I'm quite sure the flares are removable. The mudflaps understandably may be easily removed with removing other components. And I have not seen any BR photo's without the flares.

TurboS-957

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Michigan
Current Ride
Jeep JK Polar Edition
Pic below taken from this BR video

Appears it's possible to removed the flare without removing inner flare liner and fasteners, however Not the recommended procedure.

2022-07-07 00_55_03-Bronco Raptor spotted with a flare ripped off! - YouTube — Mozilla Firefox.png

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
San Diego
Current Ride
2020 Explorer ST
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Pic below taken from this BR video

Appears it's possible to removed the flare without removing inner flare liner and fasteners, however Not the recommended procedure.

View attachment 1466
Yeah I saw this earlier on B6G. Not really what I was thinking of when I posted the question (this is more of an accident than a planned mod) though it does indicate how complicated the flare attachment is.

Top Member Reactions

Bronco Raptor Forum Sponsors Bronco Gear Hooks