Anyone seen a BRaptor photo with fender flares off?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I've seen hundreds of Bronco Raptor photos...maybe more. But I don't recall a single one that shows what it looks like with the fender flares taken off. Anyone else seen one?

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
No. Flares are not meant to be removable like a Bronco, just like it would be hard to find a pic of a Tacoma without fender flares

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
They can definitely be removed, just not as easily as a regular Bronco. Might be worth considering it for a serious day or weekend of rock crawling (like the Rubicon Trail for example), though I'd never do it for typical California desert trips. Just curious to see what the rig looks like without them...

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
In one of the BR launch video's it's mentioned fendor flares may be removed but you first need to remove the flare/fendor liner to access the bolts retaining the flare to the fender. I'm quite sure the flares are removable. The mudflaps understandably may be easily removed with removing other components. And I have not seen any BR photo's without the flares.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Pic below taken from this BR video

Appears it's possible to removed the flare without removing inner flare liner and fasteners, however Not the recommended procedure.

2022-07-07 00_55_03-Bronco Raptor spotted with a flare ripped off! - YouTube — Mozilla Firefox.png

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU

Appears it's possible to removed the flare without removing inner flare liner and fasteners, however Not the recommended procedure.

View attachment 1466
Yeah I saw this earlier on B6G. Not really what I was thinking of when I posted the question (this is more of an accident than a planned mod) though it does indicate how complicated the flare attachment is.

slicktop

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2022
florida
Current Ride
Ford Excursion .... diesel 4x4...
Current Ride #2
1974 Bronco candy apple red, white hard top

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
Geez, they sure didn't make it easy to remove the Braptor flares like the other models! I wanted to remove the flares to have them color matched to the body. I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon.

Bronco RAPTOR w2022

Mar 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover 2012
COULD ANYONE PLEASE SUPPLY A PART NUMBER FOR THE CLIPS ON THE FACTORY RAPTOR FENDER FLARES. IVE REMOVED MINE FOR PAINT AND NEED ABOUT 40 NEW CLIPS AS LOTS OF THEM BROKE ON REMOVAL. IVE BEEN TO 3 FORD DEALERS HERE ALL COME UP WITH 2 PART NUMBERS ORDERED BOTH AND THEY DONT FIT. RELLY IN A PINCH HERE. ITS A PUSH IN TYPE CLIP WITH A RUBBER WASHER. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
COULD ANYONE PLEASE SUPPLY A PART NUMBER FOR THE CLIPS ON THE FACTORY RAPTOR FENDER FLARES. IVE REMOVED MINE FOR PAINT AND NEED ABOUT 40 NEW CLIPS AS LOTS OF THEM BROKE ON REMOVAL. IVE BEEN TO 3 FORD DEALERS HERE ALL COME UP WITH 2 PART NUMBERS ORDERED BOTH AND THEY DONT FIT. RELLY IN A PINCH HERE. ITS A PUSH IN TYPE CLIP WITH A RUBBER WASHER. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Sorry wish I could help but if you get the correct part number please post it here. I’d like to have a few for emergencies.

Metal-tech 4x4

Mar 13, 2023
Gallery
Pacific North West
Current Ride
2022 Badlands - Sqach Built
Current Ride #2
Lexus GX470 overland built

View attachment 1466
All more the reason to pop them off for harder trails. I always say "the trail will remove what it does not need".
Based on my 30+ yrs of experience trails usually win that argument!

Metal-tech 4x4

Mar 13, 2023
Gallery
Pacific North West
Current Ride
2022 Badlands - Sqach Built
Current Ride #2
Lexus GX470 overland built
Geez, they sure didn't make it easy to remove the Braptor flares like the other models! I wanted to remove the flares to have them color matched to the body. I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon.

I was thinking of Cerakoteing my flairs a different color other than black. Truck will be Cautus Gray, so was thinking Sniper Gray Cerakote. Not black but not light gray. Regardless they are coming off at some point!

Airgrizz

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Apr 6, 2022
Gallery
Montana
Military
Army
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2007 Shelby Mustang SC/GT