Bronco Raptor Forum Member takes delivery!

first-bronco-raptor-forum-member.jpg

For those that have been following the forum for a while, you know we've been waiting on this day for almost a year! I just wanted to give another shout-out to @Backcracka for being the first one on the forum to take delivery and post a photo of their brand new Bronco Raptor! 🍻

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Thank you for the COVP info.. What is the deal if your scheduled and have a VIN, do you have to BUY from that same dealer?
Yes. Actually you are locked into a dealer once you place your order, and it is accepted by Ford.

nikojo

Founding Member
Sep 14, 2022
Gallery
midwest
Current Ride
GT40
Current Ride #2
Got mine yesterday. Having owned a 'regular' Bronco in both 4 door and 2 door models and hard top and soft top. This is a huge winner.

I didn't think differences would be that substantial and I was worried about the "width". This is a very different truck and now make the regular Bronco almost seem more toy like. Not disparaging as I still own it. Just less substantial and for obvious reasons. I just didn't think I would be able to feel it.

I was also worried about appearance with the fender flares but in person these are awesome. Very substantial and beefy and purposeful.

Width has not been an issue despite the fact it IS as wide as my 95 HMMWV.

Attachments

• 68497959781__7CE41E3D-D8FE-4461-AE0B-05DF99903AF9.JPG
    68497959781__7CE41E3D-D8FE-4461-AE0B-05DF99903AF9.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 84

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Got mine yesterday. Having owned a 'regular' Bronco in both 4 door and 2 door models and hard top and soft top. This is a huge winner.

I didn't think differences would be that substantial and I was worried about the "width". This is a very different truck and now make the regular Bronco almost seem more toy like. Not disparaging as I still own it. Just less substantial and for obvious reasons. I just didn't think I would be able to feel it.

I was also worried about appearance with the fender flares but in person these are awesome. Very substantial and beefy and purposeful.

Congratulations!! and Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com. Thank you for your initial comparison comments as it's really reassuring to hear your 1st had knowledge from a fellow owner. 🍻

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal

What are your initial impressions on power and exhaust note?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

I love hearing this! That's crazy that it is as wide as a HMMWV!

nikojo

Founding Member
Sep 14, 2022
Gallery
midwest
Current Ride
GT40
Current Ride #2
What are your initial impressions on power and exhaust note?
Power is definitely better and usable than regular Bronco.........in both regular and sport mode......but would have liked a bit more torque in the pants feeling. Just didn't feel that and mostly felt it when in the 40-60mph range and then hit the gas.

What was truly most impressive to me is how well in handled at speed. I had it over 100mph a few times and in the 80's a few trips. Just crazy stable. And braking was awesome as well although a little fade feeling at first bite.

Exhaust note missing the 'growl' I was hoping for and is too quiet for me. But at least the neighbors will be happy lol.

Overall I'm very, very happy. Mostly because of the size. The POV on the road is substantially better than regular Bronco. And the handling is really perfect. Also the little details like the all digital dash, the larger steering wheel, and the seats really make it feel more substantial and luxurious, ie worth the upgrade.

nikojo

Founding Member
Sep 14, 2022
Gallery
midwest
Current Ride
GT40
Current Ride #2
I've driven and parked in the parking garages in Chicago. Many are 'old' and small. No issues getting around but definitely had to pay attention and use more care. Also had to pass on some spaces depending on parking.

What I finally realized is that the width is really from the wheels/tires being pushed out and that the chassis/body is same as regular Bronco. This is good where it counts, ie doors opening and closing. SO really it's very similar to regular Bronco in many ways.

My HMMWV is flat sided to the wheels, so the whole thing is the same width. Not so easy to get in and out in spaces, lol.

nikojo

Founding Member
Sep 14, 2022
Gallery
midwest
Current Ride
GT40
Current Ride #2
I don't think it's exactly as wide as my HMMWV but it is within a few inches.

Braptor about 87" and HMMWV 91". But the Braptor 'feels' more narrow as the body is narrower with only the front and rear wide at the wheels. I like that alot.

nikojo

Founding Member
Sep 14, 2022
Gallery
midwest
Current Ride
GT40
Current Ride #2
I took it to a 'cars and coffee' today that had everything from Ford GTs to GT3RS's and others.....including the electric hummer. Braptor got a lot of attention. I like it more that the electric hummer. Most people commented on how they really loved the 'stance' and appearance and how they were surprised compared to pictures they had see. I totally agree with this.......pics seem to show it more cheaply made and it is not. When you see and feel in person it is substantial, ie flares.

Don't know how to explain other than to say it is different up close compared to pics and video.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I took it to a 'cars and coffee' today that had everything from Ford GTs to GT3RS's and others.....including the electric hummer. Braptor got a lot of attention. I like it more that the electric hummer. Most people commented on how they really loved the 'stance' and appearance and how they were surprised compared to pictures they had see. I totally agree with this.......pics seem to show it more cheaply made and it is not. When you see and feel in person it is substantial, ie flares.

Don't know how to explain other than to say it is different up close compared to pics and video.
I can't wait to see one in person! I know it has to seem massive because when I walk into my garage and see my Sasquatch Badlands I always think about how big and tough it looks. The Bronco Raptor is even on another level than that so it has to just look awesome!

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I can't wait to see one in person! I know it has to seem massive because when I walk into my garage and see my Sasquatch Badlands I always think about how big and tough it looks. The Bronco Raptor is even on another level than that so it has to just look awesome!
Picking mine up tomorrow. Saw it yesterday at the dealer and it was parked next to a Black Diamond and it was pretty massive.

Top Member Reactions