Bronco Raptor: Motor authority best car to buy finalist

2022-ford-bronco-raptor_green.jpg

The Ford Bronco Raptor made it to the final round of the Motor Authority Best Car To Buy 2023 competition because it’s one of the most outrageously fun vehicles money can buy. It’s so much fun that we can’t balk at the $69,995 sticker price, which almost seems affordable these days.

Editorial Director Marty Padgett found the Ford Bronco Raptor—which we call Braptor around here—fun when the pavement ends, saying it bedevils the dust and terrorizes all terrain. He’s right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
Why do these auto journalist continue to write $70k as the price for a Braptor. No one will ever get a Braptor for $70K!
It just gives misinformation to folks who may be interested in one and think they can purchase it for $70K. Most people aren’t as informed as the members on this forum who actually know what it costs to obtain one.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Why do these auto journalist continue to write $70k as the price for a Braptor. No one will ever get a Braptor for $70K!
It just gives misinformation to folks who may be interested in one and think they can purchase it for $70K. Most people aren’t as informed as the members on this forum who actually know what it costs to obtain one.
They use the base MSRP on all the cars as a consistent comparison. If they use the MSRP with options or any other price adjustment it would be subject of opinions and challenges.

Love to see our Bronco Raptor win this competition especially consider the other contenders are cars.
Impressive is look at all the awesome vehicles that did Not make the cut that our Bronco Raptor beat out.

Last edited:

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
They use the base MSRP on all the cars as a consistent comparison. If they use the MSRP with options or any other price adjustment it would be subject of opinions and challenges.

Love to see our Bronco Raptor win this competition especially consider the other contenders are cars.
Impressive is look at all the awesome vehicles that did Not make the cut that our Bronco Raptor beat out.

I get the MSRP reference, still misleading if you don’t know what the market value is and you think you can purchase it for the price stated in the article. The writer should always include what the vehicle is actually selling for in the write up.

Teamlions

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2022
Holly Springs, NC
Current Ride
Ininfiti QX70
Current Ride #2
Infiniti QX60
Like 50 % more ... and if you're like me, you still feel lucky enough to have found one even with stiff $ 25 K dealer markup. If I though supply and demand was going to drop this to no MSRP in next year I'd wait, not an idiot or a fool with his money. The reality is unless you had good fortune of GT and yours coming in at actual MSRP (worth it even at two year wait) others like me would never see one until MY24 as unlikely retail orders on MY23 permanenetly suspended. Then sticker on MY24 will surely be another $ 5-10K higher as Ford will want their profit share too, plus some ADM will still be there, don't see that changing any time soon. Bottom line, by the time you can make a retail order in MY24 or MY25 you'll still be over $100 K ... and like a F150 R, much higher than that if a Bronco Raptor R comes out.

Teamlions

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2022
Holly Springs, NC
Current Ride
Ininfiti QX70
Current Ride #2
Infiniti QX60
Like 50 % more ... and if you're like me, you still feel lucky enough to have found one even with stiff $ 25 K dealer markup. If I though supply and demand was going to drop this to no MSRP in next year I'd wait, not an idiot or a fool with his money. The reality is unless you had good fortune of GT and yours coming in at actual MSRP (worth it even at two year wait) others like me would never see one until MY24 as unlikely retail orders on MY23 permanenetly suspended. Then sticker on MY24 will surely be another $ 5-10K higher as Ford will want their profit share too, plus some ADM will still be there, don't see that changing any time soon. Bottom line, by the time you can make a retail order in MY24 or MY25 you'll still be over $100 K ... and like a F150 R, much higher than that if a Bronco Raptor R comes out.
Meant to say likely MY23 orders will be permanently suspended, that based on a previous post I read plus my Ford rep confirming afterwards that he wouldn't be surprised either ... said he couldn't 't even order a regular Bronco right now..

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
Speaking of F150R, my friend went to a Ford dealer last week and mentioned the Raptor R. Salesman told him unless he’s looking to spend $200K don’t ask! 😆

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I get the MSRP reference, still misleading if you don’t know what the market value is and you think you can purchase it for the price stated in the article. The writer should always include what the vehicle is actually selling for in the write up.
Disagree. One person’s “misleading” is another person’s “naïveté “. If someone is entering the world of high-priced performance cars and doesn’t understand that ecosystem (markups, scarcity), they pretty much deserve what they get.

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Getting a Raptor at $70k isnt at all impossible. There actually are a number of honest dealers out there that didnt charge any additional markup and sold Raptors at MSRP. I got one of them. I did choose options that increased that price, but I didnt have to and many people didnt.

Teamlions

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2022
Holly Springs, NC
Current Ride
Ininfiti QX70
Current Ride #2
Infiniti QX60
Getting a Raptor at $70k isnt at all impossible. There actually are a number of honest dealers out there that didnt charge any additional markup and sold Raptors at MSRP. I got one of them. I did choose options that increased that price, but I didnt have to and many people didnt.
Brother, you must be smarter than me. All I can tell you is I bought from one of the largest Ford dealers on the east coast and he has no other Raptors for sale, said has plenty who want one. Please share your secret!

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Brother, you must be smarter than me. All I can tell you is I bought from one of the largest Ford dealers on the east coast and he has no other Raptors for sale, said has plenty who want one. Please share your secret!
The dealer I got mine from in kennesaw GA has one on the lot today. It was dealer allocation though so this one likely has some ADM.
F7F94F8E-7B62-4072-9BC2-C6E388D831FC.jpeg

Attachments

• D7E773FA-420F-41A6-B3EC-17116D2CEF04.jpeg
    D7E773FA-420F-41A6-B3EC-17116D2CEF04.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 173E8F03-A592-4F94-99CF-9C12D3F48955.jpeg
    173E8F03-A592-4F94-99CF-9C12D3F48955.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 44

Teamlions

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2022
Holly Springs, NC
Current Ride
Ininfiti QX70
Current Ride #2
Infiniti QX60
I'll close with this ... if you were fortunate and witty enough to lock down a Bronco Raptor early in the game, God bless you wish I was one. But I didn't know what a Bronco Raptor was until late, then became obsessed, with owning one penalty is I now pay the huge ADM to be one. Not proud of overpaying, we all know a few years from now will probably seem stupid, but I'm doing it anyway today because I love knowing I will have one. This vehicle is for a special breed of buyers, and I'm grateful to be one, regardless of what we all paid for ours.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I disagree. I’ve seen a number of people here and B6g getting their orders at MSRP. But the ones that don’t are very vocal about it
Here in Michigan most dealers are selling Raptor's at MSRP, mine included, other area's of the country that doesn't appear to always be the case. There is a difference for most of us that were the Golden Ticket holders (selected Bronco Reservations) vs those purchasing from a Dealer allocation.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I'll close with this ... if you were fortunate and witty enough to lock down a Bronco Raptor early in the game, God bless you wish I was one. But I didn't know what a Bronco Raptor was until late, then became obsessed, with owning one penalty is I now pay the huge ADM to be one. Not proud of overpaying, we all know a few years from now will probably seem stupid, but I'm doing it anyway today because I love knowing I will have one. This vehicle is for a special breed of buyers, and I'm grateful to be one, regardless of what we all paid for ours.
Majority of us on this forum that were fortunate to be selected by Ford from the unfulfilled Bronco Reservations, as the Golden Ticket holders, which came with a special allocation for our dealers and therefore purchased at MSRP or slightly above. I myself was one and feel very grateful. Others on here negotiated their best deal from a dealer allocation and feel just as fortunate to have the opportunity. We all have an awesome enthusiast vehicle no matter the price and with the history of F-150 Raptors having one of the best resale values of any new vehicle since 2010 I think we will all be satisfied with our purchase.

newguy

Founding Member
Apr 6, 2022
Gallery
CT
question for everybody
those of you with a 23 bronco that got rolled over from 22. I was told that there was no price protection, even though I ordered before the date because price protection does not apply to the Raptors.

Top Member Reactions