Cool On board Air compressor?

Braptor23

Dec 24, 2022
Gallery
Hudson Valley, NY
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
This is pretty cool. The AGS Off Road mount for an ARB air compressor. Thought the concept was pretty cool. The compressor mounts behind the spare tire and has an interface on the tail gate interior. Anyone have this? If so what do you think. It certainly solves a storage and mounting location problem.

Last edited:

Praptor

Dec 5, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Badlands Sas
Current Ride #2
2022 Tesla Plaid
I worked with these guys on their original Raptor build mount. Basically gave them access to my raptor to test fit. They are obsessed about fit and finish on their products and this new update to their V1 mount looks incredible. I highly recommend them if you are interested in their mounts.

OP
Braptor23

Braptor23

Dec 24, 2022
Gallery
Hudson Valley, NY
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I worked with these guys on their original Raptor build mount. Basically gave them access to my raptor to test fit. They are obsessed about fit and finish on their products and this new update to their V1 mount looks incredible. I highly recommend them if you are interested in their mounts.
Ahhh thanks for the heads up. Yes I’m very interested. My only concern is running the wiring harness from front to back. The video really skims over that. I don’t want it half ass.

Praptor

Dec 5, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Badlands Sas
Current Ride #2
2022 Tesla Plaid
Ahhh thanks for the heads up. Yes I’m very interested. My only concern is running the wiring harness from front to back. The video really skims over that. I don’t want it half ass.
That part absolutely sucks! I was upgrading the amp and speakers so I ran all power at once, but yup, battery to tailgate wont be the best afternoon you've spent. You could probably find a stereo installer that would do it for you too.

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
I did this on my 23. It worked out well. The wiring was not so bad knowing that i just had to get it done. Its be over 8 months and zero issues! It fits so well it almost disappears....
F1A9A9BC-A803-4719-8DC5-06EC875BC35D_1_105_c.jpeg
A8CA3FA6-F07B-4BCF-B272-8C698BE6047B_1_105_c.jpeg
93A82FF7-7285-41A9-9C51-091963281C5E_1_105_c.jpeg

Sinister Speed Shop

Supporting Vendor
Nov 15, 2021
Gallery
TX
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
We have a brake light bumper kit for this compressor kit if you decide to do this route.

bajahaha

Jul 30, 2023
Gallery
PNW
Current Ride
'23 Bronco Raptor
This is pretty cool. The AGS Off Road mount for an ARB air compressor. Thought the concept was pretty cool. The compressor mounts behind the spare tire and has an interface on the tail gate interior. Anyone have this? If so what do you think. It certainly solves a storage and mounting location problem.
i posted the details of my install, if it helps.

Thread 'Installing an ARB Twin in the spare tire mount'
https://www.broncoraptor.com/threads/installing-an-arb-twin-in-the-spare-tire-mount.1620/

cerudolph

Aug 20, 2023
Seattle WA
Current Ride
Bronco Raptoe
Current Ride #2
Tesla plaid
I also mounted the compressor to the spare tire mount. Is anyone concerned with weight?

Johnny Mo

Nov 20, 2023
Gallery
Westchester County, NY
Current Ride
23 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
16 Ducati XDiavel
I was originally going to go that route but then I saw the DV8 Offroad Storage compartment mount and went with that instead...keeps that extra weight off the hinges and keeps the compressor in a cleaner enviro.

cerudolph

Aug 20, 2023
Seattle WA
Current Ride
Bronco Raptoe
Current Ride #2
Tesla plaid
I was originally going to go that route but then I saw the DV8 Offroad Storage compartment mount and went with that instead...keeps that extra weight off the hinges and keeps the compressor in a cleaner enviro.

seems like a tough place to access

Johnny Mo

Nov 20, 2023
Gallery
Westchester County, NY
Current Ride
23 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
16 Ducati XDiavel
seems like a tough place to access
Why would you need access? The remote air chuck is externally located, the compressor feeds a 2 gal storage tank and is activated via pressure switch. No real reason to access it where it is - spare tire isn't any easier I'd say even less so.

RennWagen

Dec 27, 2022
Gallery
Seattle
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
1970 Ford F250 Camper Special
Why would you need access? The remote air chuck is externally located, the compressor feeds a 2 gal storage tank and is activated via pressure switch. No real reason to access it where it is - spare tire isn't any easier I'd say even less so.
I have the same setup. One chuck under the hood, one next to the trailer hitch. Runs of upfitter 4. Easy peasy.

Top Member Reactions