Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Well, not the dealer I talked to today! They want $25k over MSRP and said they would guarantee one of their first allocations.

snosrfr

Jan 27, 2022
Santa Cruz, CA
yeah the dealer i had my order into since October said their mark-up on the Raptor is going to be $20K <sigh>

but i found another dealership in our area that doesn't do mark-ups and placed a new order with them. We had the same crap last summer when we bought our Defender 110. Dealer wanted $25K premium, so we called the other rover dealership five miles down the road and went and ordered one w/ zero mark-up that same day.

it's ridiculous what some of these stealerships are doing - and they're going to pay for it in customer rating, retention, and recommendations.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
It's so frustrating having to spend hours trying to find a dealer selling the vehicle at the price FORD set! I sure wish Ford would let you build and buy over the internet at MRSP.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I talked to Power Ford in Albuquerque, NM yesterday and they want about $150k for their "only" Bronco Raptor....

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
Madness. Just wait until they start showing up on Ebay for $100,000+

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
How? I talked to my dealer just yesterday and at this time no dealer is guaranteed a Bronco Raptor. He even was on the phone with the area Ford rep who was laughing at all the of dealers saying they have a Bronco Raptor.
I just don't believe all dealers are going with mark-ups.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Dealers are just hedging their bet. They will eventually get allocations so they are negotiating a price upfront to "put you on a list".

KeepitDirty

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2022
Here
Would a dealer would not have to honor the time/number stamp on reservations in order. The idea they are pre-negotiating on purchases and uncharging $20k+ pre-production is absurd. Did people pay over MSRP for the 2021 Broncos?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Would a dealer would not have to honor the time/number stamp on reservations in order. The idea they are pre-negotiating on purchases and uncharging $20k+ pre-production is absurd. Did people pay over MSRP for the 2021 Broncos?
Most are paying some sort of market adjustment. Most Broncos I see for sale are at least $10k over sticker.

KeepitDirty

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2022
Here
Most are paying some sort of market adjustment. Most Broncos I see for sale are at least $10k over sticker.
While those for sale do have a mark up, they should be non-reservation vehicles should they not. Individuals with reservations pick them up and they never sit on the lot.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
While those for sale do have a mark up, they should be non-reservation vehicles should they not. Individuals with reservations pick them up and they never sit on the lot.
Most of them are abandoned orders or a released demo. I just got a call from a dealer last week saying that Ford is finally allowing dealers to sell their demo/mannequin Broncos that they have had sitting on the lot.

Top Member Reactions