Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I have a dealer telling me that I have the first one coming in. He won't confirm price or markup yet but they have 3 Broncos on the lot currently selling for MSRP.
That dealer is gold! I'm glad to hear they are being reasonable so far.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I have a dealer telling me that I have the first one coming in. He won't confirm price or markup yet but they have 3 Broncos on the lot currently selling for MSRP.
Wow, seeing a Bronco on the lot selling at MSRP is almost unheard of!

KeepitDirty

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2022
Here
It makes logical sense (at least to me) that those with reservation are able to acquire at MSRP or close to and only those abandoned vehicles are the ones seeing these ridiculous mark ups. Hence, much of the "Good luck getting a Raptor under $100k" statements are overblown. At least in reference to those with reservations that will convert to Raptors.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
It makes logical sense (at least to me) that those with reservation are able to acquire at MSRP or close to and only those abandoned vehicles are the ones seeing these ridiculous mark ups. Hence, much of the "Good luck getting a Raptor under $100k" statements are overblown. At least in reference to those with reservations that will convert to Raptors.
I completely understand and I agree with you! If I get in early and place an order I feel like I should be able to get a vehicle at MSRP. I am currently in that negotiation with my dealership because they seem to think that it will be their allocation and not mine. If Ford gives me an allocation for a Braptor (I already received the interest email) then I'm going to push them to sell it to me at MSRP. If Ford doesn't tie an allocation to my name then I'm going to be at the mercy of the dealership.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I completely understand and I agree with you! If I get in early and place an order I feel like I should be able to get a vehicle at MSRP. I am currently in that negotiation with my dealership because they seem to think that it will be their allocation and not mine. If Ford gives me an allocation for a Braptor (I already received the interest email) then I'm going to push them to sell it to me at MSRP. If Ford doesn't tie an allocation to my name then I'm going to be at the mercy of the dealership.
NOOOOOO!!! Every time you call a Bronco Raptor a "Braptor" a Bronco gets its wings....
Ford-Bronco.gif

snosrfr

Jan 27, 2022
Santa Cruz, CA
While those for sale do have a mark up, they should be non-reservation vehicles should they not. Individuals with reservations pick them up and they never sit on the lot.
according to the sales mgr at Frontier Ford in San Jose, Ca, the Broncos on the lot selling for ~$10K premium mark-up are orders that buyers backed out of.

I asked the same obvious question about why those aren't being offered to other buyers w/ reservations and he said that it was to keep people from selling them on eBay for profit. This was also his answer to why they were adding a $20K premium to the Braptors they get as well.

I don't know why they can't just own it and tell the truth, that it's simply 'because they can' (supply v. demand).

Fordsalesguy

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2022
Texas
How? I talked to my dealer just yesterday and at this time no dealer is guaranteed a Bronco Raptor. He even was on the phone with the area Ford rep who was laughing at all the of dealers saying they have a Bronco Raptor.
I just don't believe all dealers are going with mark-ups.
It sounds like you've talked to the most honest dealer yet. Ford hasn't released any allocation numbers yet. There are no dealerships that have been told how many or when they will get Bronco Raptors. As of February 10th, Ford hasn't said. What they have said is that it will be "very limited production." Unfortunately, that means that Ford can't or won't build enough to satisfy the demand. Also unfortunately, that means that price will be high. Very high.

Fordsalesguy

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2022
Texas
Madness. Just wait until they start showing up on Ebay for $100,000+
SuperSix you just defined the problem. Any customer that currently owns a Bronco Wildtrack can sell it right now for $90K to $100K... probably more. So follow logic.... if a USED Bronco is worth $90,000, what is a NEW Bronco worth? A new truck has to be worth more than a used truck, right?

78Bronco

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2022
Illinois
No way I’m paying $20 K over MSRP. This is ridiculous. Anyone know if dealers are taking orders? I can’t get any information on this and it’s totally ridiculous.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
No way I’m paying $20 K over MSRP. This is ridiculous. Anyone know if dealers are taking orders? I can’t get any information on this and it’s totally ridiculous.

Welcome to the forum @78Bronco - Hopefully we'll know more by the end of the month or the beginning of March.

78Bronco

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2022
Illinois
Welcome to the forum @78Bronco - Hopefully we'll know more by the end of the month or the beginning of March.
I hope so to. I just hope there’s a heads up on how this is supposed to go down. I’d hate to wake up one morning and find out Ford pulled a back door entrance to reserving the cars overnight or something lol.

BraptorRyan

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Bainbridge, Ga.
How? I talked to my dealer just yesterday and at this time no dealer is guaranteed a Bronco Raptor. He even was on the phone with the area Ford rep who was laughing at all the of dealers saying they have a Bronco Raptor.
I just don't believe all dealers are going with mark-ups.
I second this. My dealer (owner of the dealership) says they have absolutely no information about any allocations or anything. He says mine is the only one he knows of coming to his dealership.

broncosaurus

Founding Member
Sep 18, 2021
Gallery
Utah

I've never really cared for Tesla, but I do like their DTC (direct to consumer) ordering system. Can you imagine how upset customers would be if they ordered a Tesla online for a specific price, and by the time it arrived Tesla said "sorry, due to high demand" it was $20k higher?

If this vehicle is in such high demand, Ford should increase the MSRP. Pass the extra profit to the people on the assembly line, dealer, sales/support people, etc.

I just think it's time for Ford to adopt a DTC method for orders and the price listed on their website should be the price you pay + TTL.

Last edited by a moderator:

78Bronco

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2022
Illinois
I second this. My dealer (owner of the dealership) says they have absolutely no information about any allocations or anything. He says mine is the only one he knows of coming to his dealership.
How did you get a confirmation that you get one? As everyone else has stated. No dealer knows of anything yet. And March is already a few weeks away.

BraptorRyan

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Bainbridge, Ga.
How did you get a confirmation that you get one? As everyone else has stated. No dealer knows of anything yet. And March is already a few weeks away.
Two hours after my dealer called me Friday morning to let me know his Ford rep called to advise him that one was coming to his dealership I got the golden ticket email.

I had seen him at the Country Club the night before and he told me, “ tomorrow you will get an email….. it will say “congratulations “ or “sorry”. Friday morning I answered the phone, “Hey man, what’s up?” him, “you lucky S-O-B………… you’re the only one for my dealership and 1 of only 13 in my zone. (No idea how many dealers are in this zone) 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 3ECA1AA4-B074-4B7D-86B7-2777E333D789.jpeg
    3ECA1AA4-B074-4B7D-86B7-2777E333D789.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 62

Top Member Reactions