FIRST LOOK! OEM Carbon Fiber Body Panels from Ford Performance

DesertChief

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2022
Gallery
Orange County, CA
Hey guys, I know I haven't been active here in a long time. Work and life has gotten hectic, but I've been VERY busy doing content and all kinds of adventures in the Bronco. In fact, I'm about to cross 20k miles, and have logged trails all over California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and recently down in Baja. Still impressed beyond measure at the capability of this vehicle. I've also been working with a few parts manufacturers, loaning them my rig for engineering purposes. Very happy to report that the aftermarket industry is pushing strong on this platform, and there are a TON of great parts being made available to you soon.

Ford Performance will be producing some carbon fiber body panels for the Bronco Raptor later this year. I'm excited to FINALLY be able to share some teaser shots with you that I've been holding onto for some time. Release date is still TBD, but since they used my Braptor as the test mule, I've gotten to spend a lot of time around them. I do not have any info on pricing, or where/how to order yet, but that info will be released as we get closer to the official product release date.

Personally, I like the stock fenders and other body panels. Not a big fan of the fiberglass options out there, for the obvious reason that they're a much weaker part than the factory plastic....not good for those of us who abuse our Raptors on the trail.

So take a look, share with your Braptor buddies, and I'll keep posting updates and full images here when I'm able to. For now, the only way to see them is to find me in-person at one of the local SoCal events or by stalking me :ROFLMAO:

IMG_4754.JPG

IMG_4761.JPG

IMG_4764.JPG

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I like the CF vents and spare tire holder. However the image of the hood cowl makes it appear that the CF on it is negligible on the margins rather than the full cowl. Even though the image is a teaser intended not to show everything, it is a bit skimpy to make a judgement on. It seems a little surprising that considering the Raptor came out last year, that parts like this and some of the aftermarket tops are moving at a snail’s pace toward production.

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
Hey guys, I know I haven't been active here in a long time. Work and life has gotten hectic, but I've been VERY busy doing content and all kinds of adventures in the Bronco. In fact, I'm about to cross 20k miles, and have logged trails all over California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and recently down in Baja. Still impressed beyond measure at the capability of this vehicle. I've also been working with a few parts manufacturers, loaning them my rig for engineering purposes. Very happy to report that the aftermarket industry is pushing strong on this platform, and there are a TON of great parts being made available to you soon.

Ford Performance will be producing some carbon fiber body panels for the Bronco Raptor later this year. I'm excited to FINALLY be able to share some teaser shots with you that I've been holding onto for some time. Release date is still TBD, but since they used my Braptor as the test mule, I've gotten to spend a lot of time around them. I do not have any info on pricing, or where/how to order yet, but that info will be released as we get closer to the official product release date.

Personally, I like the stock fenders and other body panels. Not a big fan of the fiberglass options out there, for the obvious reason that they're a much weaker part than the factory plastic....not good for those of us who abuse our Raptors on the trail.

So take a look, share with your Braptor buddies, and I'll keep posting updates and full images here when I'm able to. For now, the only way to see them is to find me in-person at one of the local SoCal events or by stalking me :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 9707

View attachment 9708

View attachment 9709
Found these on another bronco page and commented the hell out of them 😍 can’t wait to see more details…

OP
DesertChief

DesertChief

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2022
Gallery
Orange County, CA
I like the CF vents and spare tire holder. However the image of the hood cowl makes it appear that the CF on it is negligible on the margins rather than the full cowl. Even though the image is a teaser intended not to show everything, it is a bit skimpy to make a judgement on. It seems a little surprising that considering the Raptor came out last year, that parts like this and some of the aftermarket tops are moving at a snail’s pace toward production.

Hard to see from these shots, but it is the whole cowl. Complete panel replacement 👍

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Hard to see from these shots, but it is the whole cowl. Complete panel replacement 👍
Good to hear, now you are talking my language! Question: What can be done to protect the vents from trail pinstripes? Can CF be effectively PPF'ed? Thanks for your post an your response, much appreciated!

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Cool pieces, though for me the aesthetic would be a hodge podge if some trim was CF and other trim was standard black plastic (like the flares). I might pop for just one CF accent piece - the gills speak to me!

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Thanks for sharing, quality looks top notch. I believe all these parts are the anderson composites parts they are making for ford performance. i inquired with them about these after they debuted them at sema 2022. They are also producing the fender flares in carbon as well.

Here is there display at sema 2022 showing all the parts and you can see them clearly here.

In terms of timelines, ford perofrmance told me they hope to have all these available in November. Anderson wont be selling them directly, they will direct you to Ford Performance.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I agree. I reached out to them too to purchase the vents and they said FP has the rights to them and they come out this fall some time. I wasn’t aware of the cowl and the spare tire carrier. Looks like I’ll be spending more money soon. The fenders and roof look amazing, but if I did bash a fender one day off road it would probably cheaper to get a factory fender to replace it. I am also still waiting on one for mine that was scratched a little in transit and that has been from last October so getting a carbon fiber one might actually be easier.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Thanks for sharing, quality looks top notch. I believe all these parts are the anderson composites parts they are making for ford performance. i inquired with them about these after they debuted them at sema 2022. They are also producing the fender flares in carbon as well.

Here is there display at sema 2022 showing all the parts and you can see them clearly here.

In terms of timelines, ford perofrmance told me they hope to have all these available in November. Anderson wont be selling them directly, they will direct you to Ford Performance.
Ah yes I remember that thread (I was the third poster and asked if it was going to be in some catalog at some point), thanks for the flashback. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the fall availability.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Ah yes I remember that thread (I was the third poster and asked if it was going to be in some catalog at some point), thanks for the flashback. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the fall availability.
You also posted it here followed by the SEMA show photos

OP
DesertChief

DesertChief

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2022
Gallery
Orange County, CA
Cool pieces, though for me the aesthetic would be a hodge podge if some trim was CF and other trim was standard black plastic (like the flares). I might pop for just one CF accent piece - the gills speak to me!
Again, these are just teasers (meant to be obscure), but the entire fender flare is the same carbon fiber.

In total, the pieces they installed are:
Front Left Flare​
Front Right Flare​
Front Left Vent​
Front Right Vent​
Rear Left Flare​
Rear Right Flare​
Full Hood Trim​
Full Tire Carrier Tailgate Trim​
I'm also hearing mumblings about fall of this year as a release date. No word on pricing.

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Again, these are just teasers (meant to be obscure), but the entire fender flare is the same carbon fiber.

In total, the pieces they installed are:
Front Left Flare​
Front Right Flare​
Front Left Vent​
Front Right Vent​
Full Hood Trim​
Full Tire Carrier Tailgate Trim​
I'm also hearing mumblings about fall of this year as a release date. No word on pricing.
Was there any mention if the Tire Carrier Tailgate Trim increases the load capacity expectation on the tailgate?

OP
DesertChief

DesertChief

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2022
Gallery
Orange County, CA
Was there any mention if the Tire Carrier Tailgate Trim increases the load capacity expectation on the tailgate?
No, it’s actually not even a structural piece. If you ever taken yours off, you’ll see the plastic trim panel just hides the reinforced hinges that are on the tailgate itself. Those are untouched.

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta

View attachment 9707

View attachment 9708

View attachment 9709
If you could just go ahead and hurry these up, that'd be great... Mmmkay...

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Was that a mistake up top or was it meant to be rear flares instead of front? I know they showed a full set of carbon flares. I was just out in the garage and was thinking for a second to myself staring at the Braptor. I still wonder what they are thinking for that accessory ready piece on the rear fender and thought a carbon fiber piece there would look really good there along with the carbon fiber vents up front to balance out the look. Hopefully they drop that too or even thought to do that.

OP
DesertChief

DesertChief

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2022
Gallery
Orange County, CA
Was that a mistake up top or was it meant to be rear flares instead of front? I know they showed a full set of carbon flares. I was just out in the garage and was thinking for a second to myself staring at the Braptor. I still wonder what they are thinking for that accessory ready piece on the rear fender and thought a carbon fiber piece there would look really good there along with the carbon fiber vents up front to balance out the look. Hopefully they drop that too or even thought to do that.
Yep, mistake on my part. Rear left and Rear right are included. Edited!

That accessory ready panel is just there to replace if the fender gets sandblasted over time. The carbon flares don’t have an accessory ready panel provision there. I think it’s cleaner, and honestly, if my flare got blasted by debris, replacing that one piece would not make it look better. So I’m glad they did away with it.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Ford Performance finally released the pricing:

Vents: $ 1,535.00
Tailgate panel: $1390
Front and Rear fender flair set: $9,650.00
Hood Vent: $1250
Complete kit: $13, 295

Ford would be better off offering this on new builds as the Carbon Fiber Package and making it an $8k option. Otherwise, I don't see them selling the retrofit full kit of this stuff which will come in at $15k for all of it (which for those of us that paid original msrp, is 20% the cost of the vehicle). If I was going to pay that, Id strongly consider the APG kit.

Last edited:

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
That is insane. You can get a full carbon fiber hard top from Anderson for $9.5k. No way those fenders have that much material in them compared to the roof. I would also think the rear panel would have more carbon fiber in it compared to the vents. That seems to me like they price adjusted for what people may buy the most and are trying to take a bite out of that R&D. I may wait a while on these to come down. I like the look, but not that much.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Ford Performance Part numbers:

Gloss:

Tailgate Applique - P/N: M-16600-BG