How do you know what # Raptor you have based on VIN?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
This is a big deal. Has anyone waiting on an order talked to their dealer about "price protection"?
Geez, more drama . . .

I sent an email to my dealer, but it is a holiday so I probably won't hear anything until later in the week.
OCT2022, MY23 increase = $5,580.
FEB2023, MY23 increase = $3,000.

This is what Bronco6G has to say about 10-FEB price increase.

Ford Bronco FAQs has nothing on the topic.

I called Ford Bronco Support. They said, "The 10-FEB price protection is between you and your dealer. Contact your dealer for more info." They also said, "Yes, I see your order and it is now scheduled for the week of 20-MAR. There are no specific notes for the reason why it moved. But we have been seeing a 'domino' effect where the slow build rate is pushing other builds to the right and other upstream slips to the right impact downstream slips to the right. It may or may not be a supply chain issue." I was unable to confirm the 20-MAR date; the Ford order tracking website is off-line.

Bottom Line:
If your dealer does not honor your pre 10-FEB COVP, then you are looking at a $3000 increase for your BR.

Time to go skiing :love: ⛷️

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Well, received an email from Ford. March 6th has been bumped to March 20th. We shall see.
Ditto

Screenshot_20230223-084055~3.png

Last edited:

erjdrvr

Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Indy
Current Ride
Gen3
Bunch of people on FB are talking about build dates getting pushed. Can anyone confirm there build dates got pushed this week? Thx

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Bunch of people on FB are talking about build dates getting pushed. Can anyone confirm there build dates got pushed this week? Thx
My truck was build on 2/17/23 was only pushed twice

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Yes, the two members with posts above yours but I'm sure there is many more. I can assure you if the Bronco Raptor is the type vehicle your seeking, it will be well worth the wait.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Yep, Jeffrman and me both got bumped last week. Ford emails went out yesterday.

Last edited:

erjdrvr

Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Indy
Current Ride
Gen3
Yes, the two members with posts above yours but I'm sure there is many more. I can assure you if the Bronco Raptor is the type vehicle your seeking, it will be well worth the wait.
Yep, I went through this on the Gen3. Anyway always skeptical of anything I read on FB. Also doesn't Ford usually do scheduling & scheduling adjustments on Thursdays?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Yep, I went through this on the Gen3. Anyway always skeptical of anything I read on FB. Also doesn't Ford usually do scheduling & scheduling adjustments on Thursdays?
Welcome to the forum! It does seem adjustments occur most often on Thursdays, however also seems sporatic or just when we would think there was something repetitive it changed. 🤔

erjdrvr

Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Indy
Current Ride
Gen3
Welcome to the forum! It does seem adjustments occur most often on Thursdays, however also seems sporatic or just when we would think there was something repetitive it changed. 🤔
Turbo, thanks & yes I'm excited as well as cautiously optimistic that the delays improve.

NDRaptor

Oct 29, 2022
Gallery
Fargo ND
Current Ride
2017 F350
Current Ride #2
2022 Audi SQ8
Guys. I got bumped 3 times, built
1/18 , and I know my rig sits 10 miles away for the last 10 days at the rail yard. I saw a HP red with higher vin deliver first. Last week. I’m losing my mind. Keep getting pushed. It’s only 10 miles away.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Ford production scheduling happens on Tuesday and Wednesday for the next 60 days with some carry over to Thursday. Notifications go out on Tuesdays for the previous week's changes. Sometimes you can see the change on the status website Friday or Saturday before you get the email on Tuesday.

If you want to make a change to your order, it is best to do it on a Friday or Monday.

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Cool, back to "assigned" status. Maybe this one will stick. 🙏 :cautious:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 134708.jpg

Jeffrman

Nov 10, 2022
Gallery
Fairfield CT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2014 Porsche 50th Anniversary 911
Okay, ready for this. I was scheduled for January, two different dates in February, March 6th and March 20th (with an assigned plant). Because of your post I checked, and you will not believe this. Back to March 8th with a plant. This is nuts.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Okay, ready for this. I was scheduled for January, two different dates in February, March 6th and March 20th (with an assigned plant). Because of your post I checked, and you will not believe this. Back to March 8th with a plant. This is nuts.
You should get a window sticker next week. Check on Wednesday or Thursday. ;)

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Window sticker with a 3K bump in MSRP? That is another issue.
Could be. Call your dealer and verify your COVP. They should honor your price on the paperwork since it was pre 10-FEB.

I called mine and got a verbal okey-dokey.

I'm looking for a window sticker example of a righteous dealer.

Top Member Reactions