Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
So as I get closer to picking up my Raptor I have seen the interest rates start to go up. I think the days of less than 1 or 2% are behind us for a while. I checked today with the local credit unions and they are heading toward 3.5%. I decided to see what USAA could offer and they came in at 2.67% for 60 months and 2.79% for 72 months, this is a .25% savings with automatic payment. I do have an excellent credit rating so these are the best rates available from USAA. USAA also locks rates in for 45 days which is great considering most banks will lock them in for only a week.

Has anyone seen anything better? Ford interest rates are at 3 to 3 plus from what I am told by salesmen and are only going up. I do find it odd they were offering 0% on F-150's.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
You might they Tower Federal Credit Union. I got turned on to them, initially, via a solicitation in Credit Karma to lower a rate on a loan I had at the time.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your 2.67% sounds like a good rate. My credit union, ITCU rates, was 2.79% for the last couple years just increased to 3.29%. I called them a month ago when it was 2.79% but I needed a VIN number to lock the rate and the lock would expire in 60 days. Since I haven't been scheduled yet & no VIN # I couldn't lock a rate.
You have you VIN #, I would consider locking your rate, and thank you for the CU referral.

Last edited:
OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
You might they Tower Federal Credit Union. I got turned on to them, initially, via a solicitation in Credit Karma to lower a rate on a loan I had at the time.
Just spoke to Tower Credit Union. They are offering 2.49 for 60 and 2.99 for 72 months with automatic draft. These interest rates will go up .25% if you elect to not do automatic draft. They will lock rates in for 30 days. If you are not affiliated with a member of the credit union or a member you can become a member with a $35 dollar donation. They are located in Maryland but will do loans in any state.

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
Good info in this thread. I usually go with whatever Ford has, but will definitely be shopping around this go around.

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
So I just found out my Raptor delivery has been pushed back to 21-27 July. I had my interest rates locked in at USAA at 2.67 for 60 and 2.79 for 72 for 45 days. The great news from USAA is they can extent these rates for an additional 30 days. I spoke to them today and their new lowest rate for 60 months is 3.19% so the rates are definitely heading North.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
That's a good rate @BRVOL - I normally go with USAA or a local credit union depending on current rates.

When I purchased my Bronco last year, Granger was able to match what my local credit union was offering after a few tries. Currently Austin Telco is at 3.49%, so USAA looks really good.

Slavik

Founding Member
May 31, 2022
South Florida
Current Ride
waiting on my Bronco Raptor
So I just found out my Raptor delivery has been pushed back to 21-27 July. I had my interest rates locked in at USAA at 2.67 for 60 and 2.79 for 72 for 45 days. The great news from USAA is they can extent these rates for an additional 30 days. I spoke to them today and their new lowest rate for 60 months is 3.19% so the rates are definitely heading North.
thats a great rate, penfed is at 4.54 at 60 months, so anything at 3 or less is great these days! i will try tower for my upcoming BR!

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I spoke to my dealership today and they brought up a good point about interest rates. They said that since I ordered my Bronco Raptor March 16th that should lock me in for the interest rate at that time. He is going to verify this and I will have an answer next week because they are not at work for a few days. Maybe some good news. If someone knows for sure please respond to the thread.

Last edited:

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I spoke to my dealership today and they brought up a good point about interest rates. They said that since I ordered my Bronco Raptor March 16th that should lock me in for the interest rate at that time. He is going to verify this and I will have an answer next week because they are not at work for a few days. Maybe some good news. If someone knows for sure please respond to the thread.
Yeah maybe they could lock in a rate from Ford Credit, but that would not be competitive with what you could find thru various other lenders like credit unions, USAA, etc.

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Yeah maybe they could lock in a rate from Ford Credit, but that would not be competitive with what you could find thru various other lenders like credit unions, USAA, etc.
I already have a locked in rate at USAA for 2.67 but they can only extend it to 75 days. I am at 45 days tomorrow and from there they will do another 30 days. The problem is the delayed delivery of the Raptors. Mine has been build and sitting since 5/27. Right now all interest rate have gone up so if I exceed the 75 days from USAA this might be a good fall back if its true. Lets hope they start shipping these things pretty soon. I will still buy mine if the rates are higher but if we can get lower than that would be great.

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
I currently have a locked in rate of 2.99 at a local credit union. Best I could find in my local area. I didn’t start searching until a couple weeks ago.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I already have a locked in rate at USAA for 2.67 but they can only extend it to 75 days. I am at 45 days tomorrow and from there they will do another 30 days. The problem is the delayed delivery of the Raptors. Mine has been build and sitting since 5/27. Right now all interest rate have gone up so if I exceed the 75 days from USAA this might be a good fall back if its true. Lets hope they start shipping these things pretty soon. I will still buy mine if the rates are higher but if we can get lower than that would be great.
My credit union, ITCU, loan officer told me once the Bronco Raptor is confirmed built that we could procede with the loan before arriving at the dealership as long as I was positive I'm taking delivery.

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
My local credit union is 3.25% but with excellent credit there’s a 1% savings so I locked in 2.25%. Their lock is in place for 6 months so I’ll have bigger problems than interest rates if the braptor isn’t here by then. 🤣

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
My local credit union is 3.25% but with excellent credit there’s a 1% savings so I locked in 2.25%. Their lock is in place for 6 months so I’ll have bigger problems than interest rates if the braptor isn’t here by then. 🤣
What is the name of your credit union? Asking because mine will match the lowest competitive credit union rate due to my credit rating and being a member for 30+ years.

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
What is the name of your credit union? Asking because mine will match the lowest competitive credit union rate due to my credit rating and being a member for 30+ years.
TruNorth in Ishpeming, MI. They have their rate details on their website so all info is available to get that match!

Top Member Reactions