MY 23 Raptor Order / Noob

haesoph

Founding Member
May 9, 2022
WA
Hey Gang,

New guy here. A little late to the game, but I'm trying to order a Raptor now. My local dealer says I can "get one for 2023", told me to submit a build sheet, and said that he can punch in my order when the next order books open up in July/August, and that's it.

Does this check out? Just wondering if this is the normal process. I've ordered "hot" cars in the past and was expecting deposits, waitlists, markups, etc.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Hey Gang,

New guy here. A little late to the game, but I'm trying to order a Raptor now. My local dealer says I can "get one for 2023", told me to submit a build sheet, and said that he can punch in my order when the next order books open up in July/August, and that's it.

Does this check out? Just wondering if this is the normal process. I've ordered "hot" cars in the past and was expecting deposits, waitlists, markups, etc.
Did you ask the dealer if there was a mark up? Or admin fees, etc?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Your dealer is probably making up a few things. Like for instance, there have been no announcements about when (or even IF) MY23 Braptors order banks will open up.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Not too sure about what they have told you. Sounds to me like they are trying to sell you something they don't have. If they had an actual allocation they wouldn't have to wait to send the order in and could do it now. They must be banking on a future allocation and from what my dealer has told me they don't really get a heads up on when or how many they will get. You probably just get added to a list and if they do get an allocation they call the others on the list and sell it to the highest bidder.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
Probably same thing that happened with MY22, some dealers made a list anticipating receiving Bronco Raptor allocations. Doesn't hurt to have customers waiting on an "iffy" line.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Probably same thing that happened with MY22, some dealers made a list anticipating receiving Bronco Raptor allocations. Doesn't hurt to have customers waiting on an "iffy" line.
Exactly. Their motivations are profit, not keeping the public informed.

Mhuds3

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2022
Oregon
I have 2 deposits on 2 'allocations' at 2 separate dealers. 1 is over 30k ADM and the other is under 25k ADM. They claim to have no idea if these cars are 6 or 12mnth out in terms of delivery. Its a bit of a joke and I wonder why Ford would PR this car as much as they have if they cant supply it within a reasonable time frame. You would think the 'halo' vehicle would have more chips allocated to it than other Bronco models no?

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I have 2 deposits on 2 'allocations' at 2 separate dealers. 1 is over 30k ADM and the other is under 25k ADM. They claim to have no idea if these cars are 6 or 12mnth out in terms of delivery. Its a bit of a joke and I wonder why Ford would PR this car as much as they have if they cant supply it within a reasonable time frame. You would think the 'halo' vehicle would have more chips allocated to it than other Bronco models no?
They will supply the GT and dealer allocations, but if the dealers took other orders outside their allocations that’s on them and not Ford. If you have true allocations you will most likely get them this year

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Everybody on THIS forum would certainly like some priority on parts (including chips), but that is the "bone of contention" with the userbase on BN and 6G, namely that we Braptor customers are stealing their components at the 11th hour and delaying their builds. I reserved my original Badlands Bronco in Hour 5 of the 7/13/20 release (upgraded via GT last Feb), so I turn a deaf ear to those complaints.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
Everybody on THIS forum would certainly like some priority on parts (including chips), but that is the "bone of contention" with the userbase on BN and 6G, namely that we Braptor customers are stealing their components at the 11th hour and delaying their builds. I reserved my original Badlands Bronco in Hour 5 of the 7/13/20 release (upgraded via GT last Feb), so I turn a deaf ear to those complaints.
What they lack to understand is most Raptor allocations are to people with the earliest reservations, so I'm just using my chips on a different vehicle and throwing the rest of the parts back in the pot for them to use.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
What they lack to understand is most Raptor allocations are to people with the earliest reservations, so I'm just using my chips on a different vehicle and throwing the rest of the parts back in the pot for them to use.
Yep. I've made that point countless times on those forums, and all I get back is vitriol. What can you do, it's the Internet! ;)

sunpro2010

Founding Member
May 13, 2022
Gallery
North Carolina
that must be the case. I reserved mine in hour 1 of release. I was chosen to upgrade to Raptor. It has a vin# and a build week of June 6th 2022. lets see how it plays out.

Top Member Reactions