No more 2023MY Ford Bronco scheduling for hardtops, Sasquatch and LUX packages!

2023 ford bronco constraints.jpeg

Bronco Nation is reporting that for the 2023 model year, Ford is no longer scheduling Bronco orders with MIC hard top, Lux, or Sasquatch packages. The above image is a notice that Ford is sending out as a customer offer for those who have these packages on order. We have not heard whether this applies to the Bronco Raptor, but we assume so because the Bronco Raptor only comes in MIC hard top configuration. That is, unless Ford starts allowing Bronco Raptors to be ordered with a soft top.

Source

waterisurfriend

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2022
Gallery
Missouri
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Ford Explorer
Wonder if Ford, in its infinite wisdom, is just trying to get rid of the list of back orders and start over.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal

Bronco Nation is reporting that for the 2023 model year, Ford is no longer scheduling Bronco orders with MIC hard top, Lux, or Sasquatch packages. The above image is a notice that Ford is sending out as a customer offer for those who have these packages on order. We have not heard whether this applies to the Bronco Raptor, but we assume so because the Bronco Raptor only comes in MIC hard top configuration. That is, unless Ford starts allowing Bronco Raptors to be ordered with a soft top.

Source
I just went on Bronco Nation and did not see anything related.

stumpm2

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2022
Gallery
Rockies
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 F350 Tremor, 1967 Ford Bronco
Does this apply to Limited Editions like the Raptor and Everglades?

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
The Source link at the bottom of the post takes you to the related thread on Bronco Nation.
What I saw when I clicked on "source" in your response was a thread from individual members, not a news post from Bronco Nation itself. Hopefully something official will be forthcoming from Ford soon.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
What I saw when I clicked on "source" in your response was a thread from individual members, not a news post from Bronco Nation itself. Hopefully something official will be forthcoming from Ford soon.
Agreed, we really need some clarification from Ford.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Does this apply to Limited Editions like the Raptor and Everglades?
This the key question. Throw the Heritage Edition in that list as well. Can’t make ‘em without those options…

hallihh

Nov 17, 2022
Gallery
Newcastle, WA
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor, Tesla Model X
Sorry with mic and Lux
Even better!

I have been waiting for my production day and WS for several weeks now, got my VIN in November and have seen my production day rolled back several times since early December. Hoping that this will not affect the vehicles that are already scheduled.

stumpm2

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2022
Gallery
Rockies
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 F350 Tremor, 1967 Ford Bronco
Even better!

I have been waiting for my production day and WS for several weeks now, got my VIN in November and have seen my production day rolled back several times since early December. Hoping that this will not affect the vehicles that are already scheduled.
I am hoping if you are scheduled then you just made it. I got scheduled last Thursday for 3/20/23 production week. Still no verification if this applies to Limited Edition models.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Unbelievable! Again, this thread just shows how people jump to conclusions when they get a sound bite and dollar signs of a private offer. Take a deep breath people.

The press release and webcast to dealers said nothing about "NOT taking any more orders". It said the current orders have caused an over capacity constraint for Wildtrak trim models (15% capacity, current orders are at 27%), and all trim models with orders that have Sasquatch (40% capacity, current orders are at 50%), Lux (40% capacity, current orders are at 46%) and/or hardtop (67% capacity, current orders are at 72%) options. This ONLY applies to orders that have not been scheduled. If your order is scheduled and you have a VIN, then this does not apply to you. It also does not apply to Raptor, Heritage or Everglades trim models; although the Everglades has it's own constraint issue because the capacity is for 1%. Note tow package capacity is 55% and current orders are at 31% so there is no constraint.

Example: if you have a 4-dr Wildtrak order with LUX and hardtop (SAS comes standard) then there is a very high probability your order may not get scheduled for MY23. Hence, the incentive ($2500) to change your order so you can get scheduled. Note MY23 production will be through November 2023 with MY24 starting in December, so there are 10 months left in MY23. Also, your dealer's allocation limit and your priority code will play into your probability of getting scheduled. There are a LOT of if's and but's for the entire process. It would take a full 24 pages to document the whole process. Plus it is very fluid (changing all the time).

The OP screenshot shows the options. The critical details for option 3 are if you stand pat and do not get scheduled for MY23 you will have to reorder as a MY24 and you will loose any currently held private offer and the $2500 incentive AND you will be behind everyone that ordered a MY24 when the order banks open; basically starting over from square one. Ford's intent is to flush the system of all backorders, level load the production schedule and start fresh in MY24.

FYI, the MY24 order banks are rumored to open 27-MAR. If you are interested in a MY24, then it would be wise to place a pre-order with your dealer so that when the order banks open at 17:00 EST the paperwork is in hand and can be submitted. Be sure to get a COVP and DORA.

Bottom line: talk to your dealer for ALL the details and options. There are some critical dates; the first is 24-JAN. If you do not have a COVP, get one! Make sure you have one prior to any order changes; otherwise your incentives will be at risk. The next deadline is 7-MAR to make any changes to your order. After that you are locked into options 3 or 4. Then there is the open order banks on 27-MAR for MY24.

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Side note on dealer Allocation ...
If your dealer has 50 Bronco orders and their allocation is for only 40 for MY23, then Ford will pull 10 units from their MY24 allocation. This is to relieve the MY23 backlog and flush the system. The downside for your dealer is that their MY24 allocation of 40 units will drop to 30, making it more difficult to get a Bronco from said dealer.

There is no free lunch. You have to give something to get something.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Interesting...
My BRaptor is scheduled and due to start production shortly; however, given it has a MIC hardtop (as they all do), I received a letter from Ford this morning. Not sure how or why Ford thinks this applies to me since the Raptor is excluded. But hey, thanks for the info.

Dear Bronco Customer,
Although we are doing everything we can to continue manufacturing Ford Bronco® SUVs exactly as ordered, global supply chain shortages and unprecedented demand have impacted our ability to produce your Bronco.
To give your Bronco the best chance at being produced in the 2023 model year, contact your dealer and update your order to a buildable configuration as soon as possible. Please note that taking no action puts you at risk of not receiving your Bronco.

To thank you for your patience, you will be eligible for the 23MY Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program. You will receive $2,500 toward the purchase or lease of your Bronco if:

Your order is a Wildtrak series and you change to a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Badlands series without a Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, or Lux Package*

Your order has any of these options—Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, or Lux Package—and you remove all of them from your current vehicle order

Alternatively, you can also receive the $2,500 incentive (exclusions apply**) if you cancel your Bronco order and purchase or lease an in-stock 2022/2023 Ford or order a 2023 Ford vehicle for purchase or lease.
You also have the option to cancel your order and have your deposit refunded.
You have until March 7th to change your order and be eligible for the 23MY Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program. However, the sooner you make the change, the better chance you will have for it to be scheduled in 2023.

What Happens if You Don’t Take One of These Actions?
If you take no action and leave your order as is, and your Bronco cannot be delivered as a 2023 model year, your order will be canceled. You will then need to place a 2024 model year order at the 2024 model year pricing.
For additional information and details, visit our FAQs.
We appreciate your business and patience and will continue to do everything we can to get you behind the wheel of your new Bronco.
-The Bronco Team

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Interesting...
My BRaptor is scheduled and due to start production shortly; however, given it has a MIC hardtop (as they all do), I received a letter from Ford this morning. Not sure how or why Ford thinks this applies to me since the Raptor is excluded. But hey, thanks for the info.

Dear Bronco Customer,
Although we are doing everything we can to continue manufacturing Ford Bronco® SUVs exactly as ordered, global supply chain shortages and unprecedented demand have impacted our ability to produce your Bronco.
To give your Bronco the best chance at being produced in the 2023 model year, contact your dealer and update your order to a buildable configuration as soon as possible. Please note that taking no action puts you at risk of not receiving your Bronco.

To thank you for your patience, you will be eligible for the 23MY Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program. You will receive $2,500 toward the purchase or lease of your Bronco if:

Your order is a Wildtrak series and you change to a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Badlands series without a Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, or Lux Package*

Your order has any of these options—Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, or Lux Package—and you remove all of them from your current vehicle order

Alternatively, you can also receive the $2,500 incentive (exclusions apply**) if you cancel your Bronco order and purchase or lease an in-stock 2022/2023 Ford or order a 2023 Ford vehicle for purchase or lease.
You also have the option to cancel your order and have your deposit refunded.
You have until March 7th to change your order and be eligible for the 23MY Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program. However, the sooner you make the change, the better chance you will have for it to be scheduled in 2023.

What Happens if You Don’t Take One of These Actions?
If you take no action and leave your order as is, and your Bronco cannot be delivered as a 2023 model year, your order will be canceled. You will then need to place a 2024 model year order at the 2024 model year pricing.
For additional information and details, visit our FAQs.
We appreciate your business and patience and will continue to do everything we can to get you behind the wheel of your new Bronco.
-The Bronco Team
Did Ford publish a notice excluding Raptor from the constraint/rebate issue? Also, when are you scheduled for production?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
1674229279693.png

While this is not specific to the new private offer, Ford has always maintained that the Raptor is a specialty vehicle and has absolutely no benefits or offers associated with it. Information specific to the constraints private offer is part of the dealer webcast, which the paper copies are confidential and not to be published to the public (at this time). Contact your dealer for more info.

Your dealer should be your primary contact for ordering information and delivery timing. If you have any further questions, please contact a member of our Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375.

week of 23-JAN

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Useful video from Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford.

Update to the constraint numbers I gave above. Hardtop (60% capacity, current orders are at 85%) I assume Tim is reading from the Ford dealer notes.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Update to 27-Mar opening up of the Bronco order banks. This applies to MY23 and MY24 vehicles.

Do your research, find a good dealer, place a pre-order for early entry starting 17:00 EST on 27-Mar, and get a COVP. Request that your COVP have a priority code of 15 or lower (default is 19). Make sure the dealer has a good email address for you on the COVP so you will get notifications from Ford. After you receive an email acknowledging that your Bronco order is received, then ask the dealer for a copy of the DORA. This ties your dealer sales order number and timestamp to a Ford order.

COVP = customer order verification program; an MOA between the customer and dealer.

DORA = dealer order receipt acknowledgement; an MOA between the dealer and Ford.

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Did Ford publish a notice excluding Raptor from the constraint/rebate issue? Also, when are you scheduled for production?
Unbelievable! Start date of 1/23 changed at the 11th hour. That's probably why I couldn't get a window sticker last week.
Oh well, still 7 months sooner than I expected. T minus 23 days.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions