Recovery Gear-Onboard Air

bourbonbill

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2022
Gallery
North Carolina
Hey all,

Well with the flow of braptors starting to show up, I figured I would pose a couple questions.

1) What recovery gear are you planning to buy. Type and brand.
2)Are you planning to buy an air supply to Air up/down. Type and brand.

Anyone know what we will be able to do wench wise with the braptor? With the bumper and different bash plate I haven't seen any info.
again-type and brand please.

If you want to share links and pricing, where to buy etc. please do.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Hey all,

Well with the flow of braptors starting to show up, I figured I would pose a couple questions.

1) What recovery gear are you planning to buy. Type and brand.
2)Are you planning to buy an air supply to Air up/down. Type and brand.

Anyone know what we will be able to do wench wise with the braptor? With the bumper and different bash plate I haven't seen any info.
again-type and brand please.

If you want to share links and pricing, where to buy etc. please do.
Covering a lot of territory!

Recovery gear will be Factor 55. It’s high quality, while not cheap it’s comparable to Bubba, Yankum etc, and discounted when buying direct from Factor 55. Although for the number of times I’ll probably use it, lesser brand would likely suffice.

I will order an ARB twin portable once my truck gets built on the 26th. Anything less powerful will be a chore reinflating 37s. Im going portable as the 3.0 turbo routing and air intake system appear to preclude using the typical spots to bracket mount under the hood. Even if there is room, I’m Not anticipating anyone making Raptor specific brackets anytime soon. Volumes are too low.

There is the soon to be released or just released under spare tire bracket, but also unclear if that will work with Braptors reinforced tailgate and different mounting position.

A portable will just plain work, could mount it later if a good option is available and I can use it in the Defender too.

Winches, there’s another thread on winches, but I’m going with JCR winch plate and camera relocation bracket. It’s designed for modular bumper and JCR doesn’t foresee issues with BRaptor. It has parking sensor relocation holes, works with ACC, and unobstructed camera view with relo bracket behind Fairlead.

Warn Zeon 12 S and Factor 55 last link complete the front end. 12000 lb since the BRaptor weighs so much. Flat link fir closed system .

I’ve had a lot of time to ponder this waiting! Good luck with your fit out

OP
bourbonbill

bourbonbill

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2022
Gallery
North Carolina

Recovery gear will be Factor 55. It’s high quality, while not cheap it’s comparable to Bubba, Yankum etc, and discounted when buying direct from Factor 55. Although for the number of times I’ll probably use it, lesser brand would likely suffice.

I will order an ARB twin portable once my truck gets built on the 26th. Anything less powerful will be a chore reinflating 37s. Im going portable as the 3.0 turbo routing and air intake system appear to preclude using the typical spots to bracket mount under the hood. Even if there is room, I’m Not anticipating anyone making Raptor specific brackets anytime soon. Volumes are too low.

There is the soon to be released or just released under spare tire bracket, but also unclear if that will work with Braptors reinforced tailgate and different mounting position.

A portable will just plain work, could mount it later if a good option is available and I can use it in the Defender too.

Winches, there’s another thread on winches, but I’m going with JCR winch plate and camera relocation bracket. It’s designed for modular bumper and JCR doesn’t foresee issues with BRaptor. It has parking sensor relocation holes, works with ACC, and unobstructed camera view with relo bracket behind Fairlead.

Warn Zeon 12 S and Factor 55 last link complete the front end. 12000 lb since the BRaptor weighs so much. Flat link fir closed system .

John-All great info Thanks.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU

My plans are quite similar. American Adventure Lab may have a mounting solution for the ARB twin compressor in the rear cargo area (which I think is the same as the normal Bronco?), so I'm going to check that out. Will also keep my eye on that spare tire bracket solution to see if that pans out.

Agree totally with your Warn and Factor55 picks, though I'm planning to mount them on a BAMF front bumper (they also can take care of sensor/ACC relocation). I've already got some other Warn recovery gear (in terms of soft shackles, snatch block, recovery straps, gloves, and so on ).

I don't see the need at this time for any additional undercarraige armor. Looks pretty substantial from the photos/videos I've seen. Limb risers might be a consideration depending on where I go wheeling, and I may consider getting the AR Ruggedized Trail Sights to handle beefier loads/tensions on the risers.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
My plans are quite similar. American Adventure Lab may have a mounting solution for the ARB twin compressor in the rear cargo area (which I think is the same as the normal Bronco?), so I'm going to check that out. Will also keep my eye on that spare tire bracket solution to see if that pans out.

Agree totally with your Warn and Factor55 picks, though I'm planning to mount them on a BAMF front bumper (they also can take care of sensor/ACC relocation). I've already got some other Warn recovery gear (in terms of soft shackles, snatch block, recovery straps, gloves, and so on ).

I don't see the need at this time for any additional undercarraige armor. Looks pretty substantial from the photos/videos I've seen. Limb risers might be a consideration depending on where I go wheeling, and I may consider getting the AR Ruggedized Trail Sights to handle beefier loads/tensions on the risers.
it’ll be nice to turn our plans into reality!

Couple thoughts on the under tire mount Option. i saw somewhere that the maker has made modifications to make the air connect positioning more flexible to accommodate a wider range of wheel options. I’d like to assume this will work on any OEM Raptor wheel, but I’d do plenty of due diligence on that especially if you will or might go with an aftermarket wheel.

My primary concern is cleaning around the compressor (especially filter) under the mount and behind the wheel. I think this might be a factor to consider for anyone who is off road enough to want an onboard compressor.

additional benefit of portable is the small 1 gallon air tank which should facilitate faster inflation and air tools, but the big downside (which I’m dumb enough to do) is leaving it at home.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
additional benefit of portable is the small 1 gallon air tank which should facilitate faster inflation and air tools, but the big downside (which I’m dumb enough to do) is leaving it at home.
Or forgetting to refill/recharge them!

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
I was thinking about the ARB twin on-board air compressor (CKMTA12). A friend has one which is mounted behind the spare tire mount; a very clean look. That is not an option for me since I have the JCR vanguard dual-swing arm rear bumper.

I ended up with an EZ Flate M.O.A.B. portable 10.6 CFM dual air compressor and a 4-tire inflator hose. It was about half the cost of the ARB and I can swap it between vehicles. It can fill all four 33" Jeep tires in 6.5 minutes going from 14 to 40 psig. No overheating. I imagine the BRaptor 37" tires will go longer. The compressor is loud, but that is the only downside other than storage room inside the rig.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Let's see where to start. Recovery wise I went with some shackles on the front hooks I got from Amazon and a Factor 55 hitchlink on the rear with a warn epic d ring on it. I also picked up a safe jack 6 ton bottle jack since I didn't want to mount a high lift to it. I also adjusted the mount on an H3R fire extinguisher (1lb) and mounted it to the rear roll bar. I took this thing to Moab so I wanted something to air up and down tires with. I opted for the ARB single compressor in the carry box. I also got a digital air gauge to help. The single compressor was able to air up all 4 tires from 20 PSI to 40 PSI in about 12-15 minutes. Not too bad. You just pop the hood, hook it up to the battery, and start pumping air. I am sure the twin could do better speed wise. I doubt I will be using it all the time so I opted for something I could just grab and go with instead of permanently mounting it. Either way I would have to carry some kind of box to put all the hoses and gauges in anyway so I wasn't going to save a ton of space by mounting it for good. If you really want to air up and down fast I would suggest the twin with the little tank. I bet that thing could do work and you would have an option for air tools. That may be something I look into a few years down the road. Winch wise I have been on the fence with one. I would like to have one, but I also don't want move my cruise sensor, relocate the camera, etc. If I do get one though I plan to use what I can with the factory bumper. I think I have pretty much decided the after market stuff isn't really much better than what it already came with.

Top Member Reactions