Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
The official Shadow Black Bronco Raptor photo thread!

2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor-Shadow-Black-Real-World-Photos-Exterior-002.jpeg

2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor-Shadow-Black-Real-World-Photos-Exterior-004.jpeg

2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor-Shadow-Black-Real-World-Photos-Exterior-008.jpeg

2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor-Shadow-Black-Real-World-Photos-Exterior-009.jpeg

Source

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I like that this Shadow Black Bronco Raptor has a black skid plate that matches the bumper and not the silver skid plate that comes on the Code Orange Broncos.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
A Shadow Black Bronco Raptor caught in Dubai!
black bronco raptor dubai.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Would appear Ford is also testing in Dubai, that's good for us. Wonder if the black painted fenders in the photo's from Ford authority was a test of the durability of painted fenders since black would easily show any signs of imperfections from usage.

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
Had hopes that the front skid plate would be black like in the first photos in this thread. Boo

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
I like the silver, you’ll know it’s a Raptor from a mile away
Its kinda funny. I never noticed that all the standard broncos had black skid plates. Had to go look at a bunch of photos to see what you meant. Now I’m all conflicted! Had been telling myself that I would have mine powder coated if it came in silver since I ordered a shadow black raptor and like the blacked out version of most vehicles. Thanks for pointing that out.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I don't know about the interior on the one above, but I ordered that exact same one color and wheel wise. Is it just me or does it look squattier than the other colors? It is almost like the all black ones in the photos look lower to the ground for some reason. Maybe it is just me. I am on the fence with the skid plate color as well since the rest of it is blacked out and that is silver. I also already got on the list with ADD so once the bombers come available for this thing I am going to replace the front and rear bumpers anyway.

Antimatter Blue

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Is it just me or does it look squattier than the other colors? It is almost like the all black ones in the photos look lower to the ground for some reason. Maybe it is just me.
It’s not just you. I think it’s the position of the sun relative to the camera, creating shadows under the vehicle, and it was hard to get a profile shot because it was parked closely between two other Raptors. It was the only black Raptor there, so it’s a bummer it was parked like that.

These pics bugged me but I still ended up switching to Shadow Black anyway, because it looked killer in real life.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It’s not just you. I think it’s the position of the sun relative to the camera, creating shadows under the vehicle, and it was hard to get a profile shot because it was parked closely between two other Raptors. It was the only black Raptor there, so it’s a bummer it was parked like that.

These pics bugged me but I still ended up switching to Shadow Black anyway, because it looked killer in real life.
Your photo's are great, the best we have, and I for one really appreciated your efforts in taking them and making available to us all. @Dragoon will certainly be glad to hear your comment on the Shadow Black.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX

Same here. I’ve never owned a black vehicle and have always had white to help with the hot Texas summers. After how this year has gone weather wise for us what’s another few degrees? Murdered out Braptor here we come. I’m sure it will look incredible in person.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Same here. I’ve never owned a black vehicle and have always had white to help with the hot Texas summers. After how this year has gone weather wise for us what’s another few degrees? Murdered out Braptor here we come. I’m sure it will look incredible in person.
I think it's going to look great in person as well! We might end up with the rarest color @DdYHrse :cool:

Top Member Reactions