What are you working on until your Bronco Raptor arrives?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
No offense, but EVERYBODY that's getting a Raptor will be driving in those environments. It's the ultimate high-speed desert runner (and rock crawler, and mall cruiser)! :cool:
No problem, I plan to be wearing my sunglasses when launching the Raptor off a sand dune. ;)

Sinister Speed Shop

Supporting Vendor
Nov 15, 2021
Gallery
TX
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
No offense, but EVERYBODY that's getting a Raptor will be driving in those environments. It's the ultimate high-speed desert runner (and rock crawler, and mall cruiser)! :cool:
And we hope to be in that crowd as well! We will make sure they perform well for their intended use. So far, they have been working great and haven't budged at all.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I finally got around to wall mounting a TV in the garage. Now I can put on car videos or look up something on YouTube while I’m working in the garage.

5696536B-C6F7-46DB-A882-B15808E73E43.jpeg

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
For now I'm 'working on' selling the old gladiator to make room for the bronco lol. I'll also be moving into a house with a bigger garage the same week the bronco is scheduled for production in June, then I'll have room to start restoring my 71 Truck as well as build the bronco up.
IMG_8156.jpeg
B7F2EB4D-50E6-4BC9-A9E5-A3248A13D584.jpg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
All good things! What model Gladiator did you start with? Mojave? What are your plans for the '71 truck?

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
All good things! What model Gladiator did you start with? Mojave? What are your plans for the '71 truck?
Yeah its a mojave! It was a really fun build but just doesn't get used. I bought it last june and have only put 2400 miles on it haha. right after I bought it my friends dealership got their first mannequin bronco and I knew that was where I would end up. Luckily I got the golden ticket and timing all worked out.

On the 71 i'm going to rebuild the 454 thats in it with a holley sniper, put the gas tank under the bed, do coilovers, wilwoods, power options, one piece windows, and a respray. Turn it into a fun little ripper that I can also autocross in the summer. I actually have all the parts for it in a storage unit just waiting for the new garage.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Selling my 2002 Z06, hadn't considered selling until I was lucky enough to score the Golden Ticket. Need to make space, option2 will be a four post lift. I work on everything myself and I've found you can have just too much normal maintenance and not enough time. Hemmings online ad

IMG_2649C.jpg

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
Selling my 2002 Z06, hadn't considered selling until I was lucky enough to score the Golden Ticket. Need to make space, option2 will be a four post lift. I work on everything myself and I've found you can have just too much normal maintenance and not enough time. Hemmings online ad

View attachment 786
I'm thinking i will put a 4 post in the new house as well to make some room. I'm not willing to park my Ftype outside, and once i restore my truck i won't want that outside either haha. My buddy just got a 4 post in his garage and its so nice for the space saving aspect, just throw one up on the lift and another underneath, and its not too slow where its annoying to get the car off the top when you want it.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Yeah its a mojave! It was a really fun build but just doesn't get used. I bought it last june and have only put 2400 miles on it haha. right after I bought it my friends dealership got their first mannequin bronco and I knew that was where I would end up. Luckily I got the golden ticket and timing all worked out.

On the 71 i'm going to rebuild the 454 thats in it with a holley sniper, put the gas tank under the bed, do coilovers, wilwoods, power options, one piece windows, and a respray. Turn it into a fun little ripper that I can also autocross in the summer. I actually have all the parts for it in a storage unit just waiting for the new garage.
Is the Gladiator just not sporty enough to get you to drive it or what? Does it have a diesel engine?

That sounds like a fun truck build! I had a 1972 Chevy C10 short bed with a 454 that I should have kept.
8B8553AA-CB66-44C0-A074-25DCBB0057E7.jpeg

2409FB01-F188-4558-ACD9-7814E5274AA3.jpeg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

View attachment 786
You're tugging at my heart! I had a black 2002 Z06 with heads, cam, and all the goodies. It's still here in my home town somewhere and I'm trying to find it to try and buy it back.
2002 Z06.jpeg

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
Is the Gladiator just not sporty enough to get you to drive it or what? Does it have a diesel engine?

That sounds like a fun truck build! I had a 1972 Chevy C10 short bed with a 454 that I should have kept.
Mine is a gas engine. I mean sporty/fast definitely has something to do with it, although compared with other jeeps i've had it definitely holds its own even with the 37 inch tires. For me i'm a tall guy, and my eyeline is the very top of the windshield which is annoying, the bed bounce is really annoying on a certain stretch of my local highway, and a few other smaller things. The bronco fits my height and preferences better, the sportiness is there, plus my family history of bronco ownership compels me haha. My grandpa and my mom both had broncos back in the day, through the first few generations.

The gladiator is definitely fun but just not filling my needs/wants 100% like i thought it would. One drive around the block in that mannequin bronco last year had me sold on how much better it was for me, and it was a base model 4 cylinder haha. I will miss the storage space of the truck bed for camping though, I may have to get a little off road trailer for the bronco.

Also your C10 is gorgeous, I'd miss it too haha. I originally bought this truck to restore it and sell it but I love it too much now.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Mine is a gas engine. I mean sporty/fast definitely has something to do with it, although compared with other jeeps i've had it definitely holds its own even with the 37 inch tires. For me i'm a tall guy, and my eyeline is the very top of the windshield which is annoying, the bed bounce is really annoying on a certain stretch of my local highway, and a few other smaller things. The bronco fits my height and preferences better, the sportiness is there, plus my family history of bronco ownership compels me haha. My grandpa and my mom both had broncos back in the day, through the first few generations.

The gladiator is definitely fun but just not filling my needs/wants 100% like i thought it would. One drive around the block in that mannequin bronco last year had me sold on how much better it was for me, and it was a base model 4 cylinder haha. I will miss the storage space of the truck bed for camping though, I may have to get a little off road trailer for the bronco.

Also your C10 is gorgeous, I'd miss it too haha. I originally bought this truck to restore it and sell it but I love it too much now.
All these things you mentioned about the Jeep is where the Bronco shines! The Bronco has some serious off-road capability, but it still handles great on-road! I love carving up the mountain roads in mine.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
All these things you mentioned about the Jeep is where the Bronco shines! The Bronco has some serious off-road capability, but it still handles great on-road! I love carving up the mountain roads in mine.
I'm currently on a Navy ship overseas but just bought a 1986 3/4 ton suburban. I'm actually only going to be using the frame and body. In a couple months when I get home I'll box in the frame before installing a Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed, NP205, FF14 bolt and Dana 60 with Ried racing knuckles. I'll at least get a good start on that project.

As soon as I get my Braptor (not sure how I feel about calling it that, lol) I'll sell my 2019 Silverado. This will actually be my first Ford I've ever bought.

Last edited:
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I'm currently on a Navy ship overseas but just bought a 1986 3/4 ton suburban. I'm actually only going to be using the frame and body. In a couple months when I get home I'll box in the frame before installing a Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed, NP205, FF14 bolt and Dana 60 with Ried racing knuckles. I'll at least get a good start on that project.

As soon as I get my Braptor (not sure how I feel about calling it that, lol) I'll sell my 2019 Silverado. This will actually be my first Ford I've ever bought.
Cool project! You should definitely post up that build here when you start in on it.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
My 74 Early Bronco, 351w, C4
Right on! The new engine looks nice. Are you going to keep it carburated or have you looked into some of the new fuel injection kits?

Roostracing

Founding Member
Apr 6, 2022
Gallery
South Texas
Right on! The new engine looks nice. Are you going to keep it carburated or have you looked into some of the new fuel injection kits?
As of now, it'll stay carb'd. It's a 351w out of a 94 Lightning. It has a comp cam, edelbrock aluminum heads, 1.7 cobra rr's, performer rpm intake, holley 670 cfm truck avenger, msd distributor, and 1 5/8 ceramic coated headers. It has awesome torque. Bronco is on a 5.5 lift, 35s, 4.56 gears, and a C4 trans.

Bronco has been completely re-wired with custom work done to the dash panel. All that is really left is body/paint.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20211213_141748.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20211213_141748.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Picsart_22-01-22_19-01-50-999.jpg
    Picsart_22-01-22_19-01-50-999.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220126_170212.jpg
    20220126_170212.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
As of now, it'll stay carb'd. It's a 351w out of a 94 Lightning. It has a comp cam, edelbrock aluminum heads, 1.7 cobra rr's, performer rpm intake, holley 670 cfm truck avenger, msd distributor, and 1 5/8 ceramic coated headers. It has awesome torque. Bronco is on a 5.5 lift, 35s, 4.56 gears, and a C4 trans.

Bronco has been completely re-wired with custom work done to the dash panel. All that is really left is body/paint.
That's a solid build! I bet she runs good! What color do you think you will paint it? One of the new Bronco colors possibly or go with a period correct color?

Top Member Reactions