What are you working on until your Bronco Raptor arrives?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Does anyone else have any other projects you're working on until your Bronco Raptor gets all your attention?

I will kick it off with my most recent project. I picked up a 2021 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE to hot rod. My town is SXS friendly so we can drive them on the street and straight to off-road trails. I love having a high-performance sports car, but our roads are pretty rough from snow plows and our average speed limit is 30 mph. So I decided to build a SXS rally car that would be as fun on-road as it is off-road! The YXZ1000R is a great platform for this because they were built to be short-course race cars. They have a high-revving (10,000 rpm) 1000cc engine, a 5-speed sequential transmission (not a CVT like most of the other SXS), and they are lightweight compared to other SXS. So they are a lot more visceral and much more engaging to drive.

Here's my modification list so far:

Weller Racing WR Edition Turbo Kit
JTE Boostlok Kit
Billet Racing Products side mirrors
Ryco Motorsports turn signal kit

Stock
IMG_0823.jpeg

After the turbo and other mods.
04F71A68-AFA0-4F07-901D-A47D78256793.jpeg

IMG_0903.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 148
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Here’s an easy launch in 2WD 😎

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Cool, tough on those knobbies! Never been in a SxS but yours is really cool looking with the black & yellow.
Thanks! Yeah, I've got some new tires on order that I hope to come in soon. I'd really like to do a true rally car tire, but the standard rally tire is only about 25-inches tall. Most SXS run a 29-inch or larger tire so the gearing is set up for that diameter. I'm going to probably lower it a tad to help give it more of a sporty stance on the street.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Winter/Spring project every year, preparing for July & August boating season. While it's all on jackstands in my other garage I need to rotate tires, check/lub wheel bearings, add gear lube to outdrives, & normal checklist stuff. Deck needs buffed out this spring and will use cermic coating on deck center painted section, everything else already has ceramic. Replace PPF on F350 headlights.
IMG_1838.jpg

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
In process of replacing the original PPF on the Porsche, full hood is completed, plan to do the fenders and doors this year.
IMG_2678(1).jpg

Last edited:

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Winter/Spring project every year, preparing for July & August boating season. While it's all on jackstands in my other garage I need to rotate tires, check/lub wheel bearings, add gear lube to outdrives, & normal checklist stuff. Deck needs buffed out this spring and will use cermic coating on deck center painted section, everything else already has ceramic. Replace PPF on F350 headlights.
View attachment 700
Thats a lot of boat for a 2 month season. Move south so you can use it more.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Thats a lot of boat for a 2 month season. Move south so you can use it more.
Understood, we run 20-25 hours per year in fresh water that's as clean as an aquarium. Not sure I could afford many more hours of run time. We start our season off each year as a marshal boat for Boyne Thunder. It's a great event for Camp Quality USA.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
View attachment 700
That's a nice setup! What engines do you have in your boat?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
In process of replacing the original PPF on the Porsche, full hood is completed, plan to do the fenders and doors this year.
View attachment 702
Turbo or GTS Cayenne? My wife and I were just talking about trading her Macan S in for a Cayenne. She loves her Macan S and I like when I get to drive it, but we don't normally take it out of town because it's too small for family road trips.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That's a nice setup! What engines do you have in your boat?
Twin 496 Mag HO's, in the world of offshore these are the economical engines and very reliable. Open headers out the transom sounds so good.
Turbo or GTS Cayenne? My wife and I were just talking about trading her Macan S in for a Cayenne. She loves her Macan S and I like when I get to drive it, but we don't normally take it out of town because it's too small for family road trips.
TurboS, exhaust modified with dual 3" from turbos back, agency power diverter valves and tuned it's somewhere between 620-650 hp. It's the 2009 Cayenne TurboS launch vehicle color (Lava Gray). Was suppose to be my year around daily, until I brought it home and couldn't bring myself to driving it in the salt, so it's another nice day car. Wife almost got a Macan last time, however she is a manufactures rep for building products and visits job sites and couldn't imagine driving it thru the mud, like me she said it's too nice. She has a Badlands on order for her next car.

Last edited:
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Twin 496 Mag HO's, in the world of offshore these are the economical engines and very reliable. Open headers out the transom sounds so good.

TurboS, exhaust modified with dual 3" from turbos back, agency power diverter valves and tuned it's somewhere between 620-650 hp. It's the 2009 Cayenne TurboS launch vehicle color (Lava Gray). Was suppose to be my year around daily, until I brought it home and couldn't bring myself to driving it in the salt, so it's another nice day car. Wife almost got a Macan last time, however she is a manufactures rep for building products and visits job sites and couldn't imagine driving it thru the mud, like me she said it's too nice. She has a Badlands on order for her next car.
Can't go wrong with those engines in a boat! Boats are already enough work so you don't need high-strung tempermental engines to give you any more headaches.

Dang, I bet that sounds good! You're making me want a Cayenne now! It has air suspension as well right? I bet it could even handle some light towing if need be.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
2019 Canam XRS frame reinforcement and suspension upgrades and a few other goodies lol nothing too crazy. just a fun dune machine

View attachment 708
Badass! Nothing looks as tough as a big set of paddle tires. I've got an LSK radius cage going onto my YXZ soon that will help make it look as good as your rig, hopefully!

RoBear

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Badass! Nothing looks as tough as a big set of paddle tires. I've got an LSK radius cage going onto my YXZ soon that will help make it look as good as your rig, hopefully!
hahaha I know right. the cage will definitely change the look and provide some much needed protection for you.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Can't go wrong with those engines in a boat! Boats are already enough work so you don't need high-strung tempermental engines to give you any more headaches.

Dang, I bet that sounds good! You're making me want a Cayenne now! It has air suspension as well right? I bet it could even handle some light towing if need be.
I'll take & post a link to my Cayenne exhaust here soon. Yes air suspension, approximately 3" of travel but looks like 6", comes in handy to wash out the wheel wells or change oil. At 80mph or sport mode it auto drops 5/8 inch, drops again over 137mph and becomes surprising comfortable. Mine has all options except towing, which would be 7,716lb intended for towing your Porsche race car to the track.

It's an amazing engineering achievement, as will all Porsches, and our Bronco Raptors will be equally amazing just in a different way.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
2019 Canam XRS frame reinforcement and suspension upgrades and a few other goodies lol nothing too crazy. just a fun dune machine

View attachment 708
That looks like A LOT of FUN! I may be one of the few here with little off-road experience but hoping to change that.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I'll take & post a link to my Cayenne exhaust here soon. Yes air suspension, approximately 3" of travel but looks like 6", comes in handy to wash out the wheel wells or change oil. At 80mph or sport mode it auto drops 5/8 inch, drops again over 137mph and becomes surprising comfortable. Mine has all options except towing, which would be 7,716lb intended for towing your Porsche race car to the track.

It's an amazing engineering achievement, as will all Porsches, and our Bronco Raptors will be equally amazing just in a different way.
Sounds like a great daily driver! I will have to look around and see if there are any deals to be had on one with low miles.

Top Member Reactions