What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Show us what you did with your Bronco Raptor today! :cool:

Today I took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Raptor in Hot Pepper Red Metallic and give it a nice wash! šŸ„³

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2144.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Show us what you did with your Bronco Raptor today! :cool:

Today I took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Raptor in Hot Pepper Red Metallic and give it a nice wash! šŸ„³
Congratulations! šŸ» She finally came home! Great color choice.

We need to hear some on driving impressions and how it stacks up compared to the Badlands, Raptor, TRX, etc. I'm guessing PPF is scheduled?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
It's soooo nice isn't it??? So worth the wait!! Congratulations my Bronco Raptor Brother! Today, I just kind of wiped mine off whenever a tear of happiness would fall on it.
That color looks great!

It definitely is! The seats, steering wheel, and digital gauge cluster make it feel like a completely different vehicle from the Badlands Sasquatch that I had. It instantly has a special performance driving feel to it as soon as you step up into it.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Congratulations! šŸ» She finally came home! Great color choice.

We need to hear some on driving impressions and how it stacks up compared to the Badlands, Raptor, TRX, etc. I'm guessing PPF is scheduled?
Thank you! I was in shock all day yesterday. I couldn't stop looking at it. The color is fantastic in person and the pictures don't do it justice. I was really on the fence about it, but I'm so glad I stuck with it now that I have it. I will report back when I get some seat time in it. I haven't scheduled the PPF yet. I go back and forth about it and I need to find someone local to me that has a good reputation.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I checked my tire pressures and found them to be at 44 psi from the factory. After reading the following thread I decided to air mine down to 37 psi. It sounds like the sweet spot is somewhere around 35-38 psi.

IMG_2150.jpeg

JohnGalt

Founding Member
šŸ† BR of the Month šŸ†
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
That looks like it was a blast!
It was a blast, but with 25+ vehicles there were numerous significant challenges throughout the day. Everyone got throughā€¦.eventually a couple hours after sunset. Good reminder to us all to always watch out for those behind you and always come prepared for the unexpected.

OTW Raptor did great! Got myself stuck in a little creek in the picture and once recovering another Bronco. Otherwise, it just motored through deep off trail stuff and through the differential dragging on trail track

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Finished/Finalized UPR Catch Can installation from Lethal Performance, did detailed install write up over on this thread.

B9704B5C-0055-4A9A-8F7E-B952F1D437E3.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It was a blast, but with 25+ vehicles there were numerous significant challenges throughout the day. Everyone got throughā€¦.eventually a couple hours after sunset. Good reminder to us all to always watch out for those behind you and always come prepared for the unexpected.

OTW Raptor did great! Got myself stuck in a little creek in the picture and once recovering another Bronco. Otherwise, it just motored through deep off trail stuff and through the differential dragging on trail track
Climbed Mount Wybal in Franklin SC heavy snow up to solid ice, no problem!
Love playing in the snow, and post cleanup is typically much easier than the mudding pics I've been seeing on this site. :giggle:

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Finished/Finalized UPR Catch Can installation from Lethal Performance, did detailed install write up over on this thread.

View attachment 5536
It's so OEM-looking that it took me a second to find it. I need to get one of those ordered for mine.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA

It definitely is! The seats, steering wheel, and digital gauge cluster make it feel like a completely different vehicle from the Badlands Sasquatch that I had. It instantly has a special performance driving feel to it as soon as you step up into it.

This is exactly what I was just writing in another thread. The FE Bronco I had just lacked the 'special' / 'motorsports' feel that I want to have.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
This is exactly what I was just writing in another thread. The FE Bronco I had just lacked the 'special' / 'motorsports' feel that I want to have.
My Badlands felt like the chassis had too much flex to it. It was a soft top so it didn't gain any rigidity from a hardtop, but the additional bracing in the Bronco Raptor definitely reduces the chassis flex and makes it feel a lot more solid compared to the standard Bronco.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
My Badlands felt like the chassis had too much flex to it. It was a soft top so it didn't gain any rigidity from a hardtop, but the additional bracing in the Bronco Raptor definitely reduces the chassis flex and makes it feel a lot more solid compared to the standard Bronco.
Having taken off, and put back on, that hardtop a few times myself I can pretty much assure you that it provided no structural rigidity. So the fact that you feel some add'l chassis rigidity is encouraging (especially coming from you). I'd expect that from a Ford Performance vehicle. It's at the core of any good vehicle. I think Mike Myers said it best (and I think I'm getting the quote right here): 'If the chassis isn't rigid...it's crap'

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
In the stable... GR86 10th Anniversary Ed, 4Runner TSE, Cayenne GTS, Cayman S, 235i, Lotus Elise
Relocated the keypad to the spare tireā€¦
Gas cap location doesnā€™t work for the BRaptors as the door is shorter, however the spare tire is a great location!

1053C2D3-CA75-41AF-862A-7378C44B3D8A.jpeg
D5A17A04-32E6-49FE-8976-B2357C1B8060.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions