What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Changed oil, filter, and installed new UPR drain plug. If you DIY oil changes this drain plug will assist in making the process a much cleaner task. I have a similiar setup on my other non Ford vehicles however this drain plug is a Work of Art. I will be attaching a clear plastic 1/2" hose to the end for the next oil change and drain into a suitable collection container to recycle the oil, I use a couple empty 5 quart oil jugs and mark them "used". By simply twisting the plug valve you can momentarily stop to change oil collection containers. Once draining is complete and drain hose removed, remove the UPR drain plug as you would the OEM drain plug to remove any oil that may have been held back due to the inlet ledge on the UPR drain plug.
You have now avoided the gush of hot oil, the resulting oil splatters, needing to use an Oil Drain Pan, emptying used motor oil into collection containers, and not to mention what a mess you could possibly have been with hot motor oil.
Reinsert UPR drain plug as you would the OEM drain plug, fill with 7 quarts of your favorite synthetic or synthetic blend 5w-30 motor oil, drain the UPR Oil Catch Can if installed and job well done.

2FF1C6DE-7EC3-43C0-B42B-3C1AAE7CBC69.jpeg

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
CHMSL decal installation in Code Orange purchased at Vinyl Sometimes. Through my review mirror I was unable to see the "RAPTOR" in the CHMSL, with the decal installed I'm still unable to see it through the review mirror. I think it's being shadowed in the garage, maybe outside it'll be noticeable. If not, at least it's highlighted now when I open the swing gate as shown in photo below. :giggle:

717B9E28-E1C9-4508-9B37-B73EC5ABD72B.jpeg

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I saw the window sticker for the first time. It will be born day after tomorrow! I noticed a reference on the sticker to a raptor-specific Offroadeo, but I have not seen anything specific regarding where and when (other than sometime this year). Anyone aware of any further information on it?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Changed oil, filter, and installed new UPR drain plug. If you DIY oil changes this drain plug will assist in making the process a much cleaner task. I have a similiar setup on my other non Ford vehicles however this drain plug is a Work of Art. I will be attaching a clear plastic 1/2" hose to the end for the next oil change and drain into a suitable collection container to recycle the oil, I use a couple empty 5 quart oil jugs and mark them "used". By simply twisting the plug valve you can momentarily stop to change oil collection containers. Once draining is complete and drain hose removed, remove the UPR drain plug as you would the OEM drain plug to remove any oil that may have been held back due to the inlet ledge on the UPR drain plug.
You have now avoided the gush of hot oil, the resulting oil splatters, needing to use an Oil Drain Pan, emptying used motor oil into collection containers, and not to mention what a mess you could possibly have been with hot motor oil.
Reinsert UPR drain plug as you would the OEM drain plug, fill with 7 quarts of your favorite synthetic or synthetic blend 5w-30 motor oil, drain the UPR Oil Catch Can if installed and job well done.

View attachment 5584
I always dread the oil splash as soon as the oil pan bolt is removed and this looks like it gets rid of that worry completely! I'm about to order those 90-degree fittings for the catch can so I will add this to my order as well, thanks!

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I tinted my two front windows and the windshield today. On the way home a took some awesome Hill Country back roads and snapped a picture.

IMG_2171.jpeg

I'm shocked at how good the Bronco Raptor is in Sport mode! For being a hardcore off-roader it sure does do on-road performance driving well. Like really really well! I only have about 120 miles on it so I wasn't doing any hard accelerations or full-throttle runs, but damn, it has great mid-range torque. The turn-in is also fantastic! I don't know what sort of magic Ford sprinkled on this machine, but it hides its weight well and it's a blast to throw into the corners. It's more fun to rip on back roads than a lot of "sports cars" I've driven.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I tinted my two front windows and the windshield today. On the way home a took some awesome Hill Country back roads and snapped a picture.

I'm shocked at how good the Bronco Raptor is in Sport mode! For being a hardcore off-roader it sure does do on-road performance driving well. Like really really well! I only have about 120 miles on it so I wasn't doing any hard accelerations or full-throttle runs, but damn, it has great mid-range torque. The turn-in is also fantastic! I don't know what sort of magic Ford sprinkled on this machine, but it hides its weight well and it's a blast to throw into the corners. It's more fun to rip on back roads than a lot of "sports cars" I've driven.
What % tint on front side windows and is the windshield the UV only or is there also a % of tint?

Agree with the on-road driving manners, very welcomed surprise especially for being a off-road beast. Jason Cammisa's review was right on point.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
What % tint on front side windows and is the windshield the UV only or is there also a % of tint?

Agree with the on-road driving manners, very welcomed surprise especially for being a off-road beast. Jason Cammisa's review was right on point.
I believe the front two windows are 35%. That's the legal limit here in Texas and they will definitely pull you over and check it. I found out the hard way when I moved here from NM where 5% was allowed. The front windshield is a ceramic film that is supposed to be only a UV blocker, but it does have a light tinting effect. It also seems to make the rest of the cabin darker, which in turn, makes the rest of the tint seem darker. I will snap some better tint pics and post them.

Last edited:

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Last edited by a moderator:

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
In the stable... GR86 10th Anniversary Ed, 4Runner TSE, Cayenne GTS, Cayman S, 235i, Lotus Elise
Removed the keypad after the PPF installation and had the option to put it wherever I wanted. Kept it off for aesthetics, but I like that it’s hidden to keep people from playing with it…

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I install PPF on all my vehicles door jams including decorative sill plate emblems (Ford Performance) to guard against accidental shoe strikes. After the PPF install I wanted to dress up the large flat sill area so I found these Raptor door sill trim pieces on Amazon that are Ford licensed. I didn't want the Ford blue oval on the Code Orange for the rear so I purchased 2 sets and cut one set of fronts down to 11" long for the rears. Description says "real carbon fiber", unfortunately they are Not, however they are very flexible and can be cut with a really good pair of scissors. Next they were high gloss finish which didn't coordinate with the Bronco Raptor satin real carbon fiber so I covered them in Xpel Stealth film before installation. Results are Not a perfect match to the real CF but I think it's close enough given the location and not being visible from within the cockpit. If I decide on something different they will easily remove although may require PPF replacement.

D0E00328-9D48-4D84-9DE9-E9F3FD5A4E45.jpeg

A91C3DA9-551A-4D07-A2DF-340B44716F25.jpeg

47C0DAFC-F326-4660-BD5D-D23CAC7BFCC4.jpeg

93598957-1145-457D-8ED1-E450901D984E.jpeg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I install PPF on all my vehicles door jams including decorative sill plate emblems (Ford Performance) to guard against accidental shoe strikes. After the PPF install I wanted to dress up the large flat sill area so I found these Raptor door sill trim pieces on Amazon that are Ford licensed. I didn't want the Ford blue oval on the Code Orange for the rear so I purchased 2 sets and cut one set of fronts down to 11" long for the rears. Description says "real carbon fiber", unfortunately they are Not, however they are very flexible and can be cut with a really good pair of scissors. Next they were high gloss finish which didn't coordinate with the Bronco Raptor satin real carbon fiber so I covered them in Xpel Stealth film before installation. Results are Not a perfect match to the real CF but I think it's close enough given the location and not being visible from within the cockpit. If I decide on something different they will easily remove although may require PPF replacement.

View attachment 5634
View attachment 5635
View attachment 5636
View attachment 5637
Those CF trim pieces are a nice touch!

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I did this…. I sure hope it goes back together tomorrow.

inserted a backlight pigtail harness behind headlight, stripped out and routed camera, got bumper off and have made way through stripping the center parking sensors from the harness. All to prepare for putting on winch plate and winch tomorrow.

lots of differences between Raptor and standard Bronco that aren’t readily apparent as I work through this. Did this a couple months ago on a friends FE. Something’s go quicker, but some things are different slowing me down.

definitely more fun this time around

BA9A9D0E-4AFF-43D9-9C84-3883EC6D5989.jpeg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I did this…. I sure hope it goes back together tomorrow.

inserted a backlight pigtail harness behind headlight, stripped out and routed camera, got bumper off and have made way through stripping the center parking sensors from the harness. All to prepare for putting on winch plate and winch tomorrow.

lots of differences between Raptor and standard Bronco that aren’t readily apparent as I work through this. Did this a couple months ago on a friends FE. Something’s go quicker, but some things are different slowing me down.

definitely more fun this time around

View attachment 5655
Oh man, I can't wait to see it with a winch mounted up!

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA

View attachment 5588

I'm so encouraged by this given that we know you have proper during chops.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
This thread is going to cost me money and keep me busy…so Thank You in advance. I’ve already installed the Ford/Tuffy Deluxe Security Enclosure For the Cargo area as well as the Ford Tailgate Table. Also added some US Flag decals to the rear/side windows, something nice and subtle.

My next project is installing the IAG Interior Lights and connecting them to my Aux Switches. I’m also thinking about moving the Fog Lights from Aux 1 to Aux 6 so I can add my IAGs to Aux 4 and potential Ditch/Pod lights on Aux 5.

It also looks like I might be relocating my keypad to the spare and adding some decals to the CHMSL Raptor logo.

After that, there will eventually be a mesh top (waiting for JTops to come out with a Raptor-friendly version) and potentially a front end level.

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
I got a compliment (or complete trolling) from a PRIUS driver. Man/wife pulls up next to me at redlight and honks the horn. I rolled down the window expecting negativity but the man stated he had high hopes when the Broncos came out but this was the first one he liked. I doubt he knew it was a Braptor, but still good interaction. I was shocked!

Top Member Reactions