What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
After that, there will eventually be a mesh top (waiting for JTops to come out with a Raptor-friendly version)
hmmm...I kept the one from Ford Performance that I'd bought for my FE (new owner didn't value it)...and figured I'd use it on the BRap. I hadn't even considered that it wouldn't fit.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
It's my new favorite channel haha!
Today on the season finale (probably not actually) of “What Did With Do WithYour Bronco Raptor Today?” Randy completes his winch project.

The mounting, reassemble and spooling went pretty smoothly, but I forgot to put the silver plastic front cover on before mounting the winch plate, winch and cable routing. Other Broncos have two separate panels that mount on each side of the tow points, while the Raptor‘s single piece loops over the top. Fortunately, after suffering an oh sh*t moment or two, I realized I could just unbolt the six bolts on the winch plate, lift the assembly and slip the cover in. Crisis averted.

and there were a few choice words threading rope and inserting the puck in the winch. Hated that each time I’ve done it.

But it’s all done with minimal drama, it works (always a bonus) and I only have a little bit of cable / sprayer hose management left to do.
3A1324AA-59F8-4C14-AF29-38FF99532C75.jpeg
C9C170AF-54C3-4CFE-B2CA-29D26E0280CB.jpeg
BC683D99-2B88-4F8F-9A29-456A97C0666C.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Today on the season finale (probably not actually) of “What Did With Do WithYour Bronco Raptor Today?” Randy completes his winch project.

The mounting, reassemble and spooling went pretty smoothly, but I forgot to put the silver plastic front cover on before mounting the winch plate, winch and cable routing. Other Broncos have two separate panels that mount on each side of the tow points, while the Raptor‘s single piece loops over the top. Fortunately, after suffering an oh sh*t moment or two, I realized I could just unbolt the six bolts on the winch plate, lift the assembly and slip the cover in. Crisis averted.

and there were a few choice words threading rope and inserting the puck in the winch. Hated that each time I’ve done it.

But it’s all done with minimal drama, it works (always a bonus) and I only have a little bit of cable / sprayer hose management left to do.
Nice Job! 🍻 Is the next episode back into the snowy mountains testing the Winch? :cool: Your front camera now is really at the front.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
hmmm...I kept the one from Ford Performance that I'd bought for my FE (new owner didn't value it)...and figured I'd use it on the BRap. I hadn't even considered that it wouldn't fit.

I’ve seen feedback that the Ford/Bestop versions do fit but the crossbar is a question. JTops has made it clear that theirs doesn’t fit and you can see why when you watch the install video. It has to do with removing the hardtop bracket (where the Braptor cross-brace is located) and how the mesh is attached at that point. The Ford/Bestop version has a cross-bar in that same area, but I’m not sure if there’s an interference or not for those versions.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

But it’s all done with minimal drama, it works (always a bonus) and I only have a little bit of cable / sprayer hose management left to do. View attachment 5661View attachment 5662View attachment 5663
That turned out great! I think you might be one of the first Bronco Raptors with a winch on it. That front camera is now truly front and center!

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
@JohnGalt how much was your approach angle reduced by the winch installation?
I should have done a check before and after on approach angle using my highly flawed method pictured below. While it still wouldn’t be accurate at least it would be consistently measured inaccurately!

I think the. OEM approach angle is 47 degrees I’d put this around 43 degres +/- some margin of error.

Actually mines probably even a little less if I fully factored in my flatlink and rope guard.

Hope that helps in some way.
4B02A5AE-3B94-4AD2-8539-8D846030AC69.jpeg
EB0A2586-D834-4147-90F3-8FB3B07B0CC9.jpeg
5D558EE5-2F03-45A3-84CE-CE51A0363239.jpeg

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I should have done a check before and after on approach angle using my highly flawed method pictured below. While it still wouldn’t be accurate at least it would be consistently measured inaccurately!

I think the. OEM approach angle is 47 degrees I’d put this around 43 degres +/- some margin of error.

Actually mines probably even a little less if I fully factored in my flatlink and rope guard.

Yes that's very informative. Actually I would have expected more impact - 42-43 degrees is still really good.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Yes that's very informative. Actually I would have expected more impact - 42-43 degrees is still really good.
If there is a need to restore the approach angle close to factory, a front leveling kit may do the trick... or larger tires. :cool:

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

Hope that helps in some way. View attachment 5676View attachment 5677View attachment 5678
That is very visual and super helpful, thanks for sharing!

NDRaptor

Oct 29, 2022
Gallery
Fargo ND
Current Ride
2017 F350
Current Ride #2
2022 Audi SQ8
What did I do today…..looked at my picture off the assembly line and kept doing countdown math to between Feb 7 and 13th at my dealer. Just 1 piece of this process to be on or ahead of schedule would be super noice. All the while tripping over a stack of go fast and off road goodies in the garage.
Having a beer now…….trolling, dreaming, obsessing, man-crushing. Honesty is the best policy. Have a good weekend.

Attachments

• 33B735DD-C1AC-448A-A2B3-C52CCE807476.jpeg
    33B735DD-C1AC-448A-A2B3-C52CCE807476.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 45
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Yesterday I installed lower rocker PPF from Underground Graphics to help save the bottom sections of the doors from rock chips. The PPF needs to be trimmed around the portion of the fender flare on the rear doors since this kit is designed for the standard Bronco. A fresh razor blade made it easy to trim and slightly tuck under the flare piece on the door.

IMG_2222.jpeg

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Yesterday I installed lower rocker PPF from Underground Graphics to help save the bottom sections of the doors from rock chips. The PPF needs to be trimmed around the portion of the fender flare on the rear doors since this kit is designed for the standard Bronco. A fresh razor blade made it easy to trim and slightly tuck under the flare piece on the door.
This damn thread keeps digging into my wallet...looking at ordering some of the PPF protection stuff for the hood and roll bars.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I used a plug tap I got off Amazon and mounted my Valentine One radar detector using the directions found here:

Here's the link to the mirror tap I used: https://amzn.to/3REAHTr

IMG_2228.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
In the stable... GR86 10th Anniversary Ed, 4Runner TSE, Cayenne GTS, Cayman S, 235i, Lotus Elise
Let us know the verdict.
Definitely better than without, but still not perfect. A good jolt can still knock it off the magnet…😏

Top Member Reactions