🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Well, I can attest that it is the norm for Jeep in UT. I've been left high and dry by the dealer several times. If it is a short fix, I turn their lobby into an office and take over, that makes them "happy". If it's a couple of days, I make them give me a ride home (courtesy shuttle) and back when the vehicle is done. Makes for an awkward ride sometimes. Other times, it's helpful to get inside scoop on the dealership.
They need the vehicle for 10 days to fix it. And they won't provide me with a ride as they are 1 hour away on a good traffic day. I went with this dealership for the repair because they have great reviews for the work they do (compared to 3 closer dealers to me) and have done a lot of Raptor trucks with this issue. Its just this whole loaner car/rental car that leaves a lot to be desired.

erjdrvr

Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Indy
Current Ride
Gen3
Yes, but again, doesn't make sense that I need to cover anything. I have never had issues with getting a loaner vehicle from Audi, BMW, Porsche, or Range Rover. Hoping this isn't the norm with Ford.
On my 2018 Gen2 I always could get a loaner, but since Covid-19 my dealer said Ford was taking so long to reimburse them they quit offing loaners. Acura has also had loaners for as long as I can remember!

I also purchased the Ford ESP Warranty last fall for my Gen3 mainly because it had the rental car reimbursement....it took me 3 months and many calls to get reimbursed.

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Ford Customer Service line is a joke as well. They just sided with the dealership that I have to pay out of pocket anything above $40 per day. They have no interest in helping resolve the situation. So in theory, Im actually having to pay out of pocket to deal with a warranty issue if I want to have a car to drive while this is being repaired.

Reed21

Mar 21, 2023
Gallery
Milwaukee
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Mine just had the same issue. Parts and everything in hand.. currently sitting at 20 days from start to today. ‘23 model / build date around 12/12/22 / currently at 2500 miles.

Waiting to pick up later this week or early next. Parts were not on back order or delayed per service manager. Pic I snapped while checking the engine bay out while on site picking up my ford escape rental car.

Talk about a humbling trade… go in with a BR and leave with a FWD Escape. 😎

AC47DAAB-E50C-48A6-80E3-0DF148A66339.jpeg
518A353B-F258-483F-8AFD-6319119061E6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Mine just had the same issue. Parts and everything in hand.. currently sitting at 20 days from start to today. ‘23 model / build date around 12/12/22 / currently at 2500 miles.

Waiting to pick up later this week or early next. Parts were not on back order or delayed per service manager. Pic I snapped while checking the engine bay out while on site picking up my ford escape rental car.

View attachment 6934
View attachment 6935
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Discouraging to hear of another CAM Phaser issue and sorry for your misfortune, hope everything from here out goes in your favor. 🤞 Appears they didn't need to remove your engine, did the Service Manager indicate they could resolve without removal?

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3

View attachment 6934View attachment 6935
Are they not pulling the motor out for repair on yours? My dealer said motor has to come out and the shop manual states it as well.

Last edited:
OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
just got my braptor back. here are the service notes, as you can see its quite extensive how much has to come off the vehicle to get the engine out:

FROM PREVIOUS INSPECTION AND FOLLOWING WSM SECTION 303-01B TO REMOVE AND REPLACE VCTS. EVACUATE COOLING SYSTEM AND A/C, HOISTED VEHICLE AND DEPRESSURIZE FUEL SYSTEM.

& L/H WHEELS & FENDER SPLASH SHIELD.

DISCONNECT BATTERY AND REMOVE R/H

REMOVE UNDERBODY SHIELDS SKID

PLATES, MARK HOOD FOR EASY REASSEMBLE, REMOVE HOOD DISCONNECT POM WIRING HARNESS CONNECTORS RELEASE RETAINER CLIPS AND PLACE HARNESS ASIDE, REMOVE R/H & L/H ACL OUTLET PIPES CAC TUBES INLET AND OUTLET TUBES, REMOVE GENERATOR STRETCH BELT & ACCESSORY DRIVE BELT, REMOVE GENERATOR AND PLACE ASIDE, DRAIN ENGINE OIL, DISCONNECT WIRING HARNESS FROM A/C COMPRESSOR AND PLASE COMPRESSOR ASIDE, REMOVE GROUND WIRE, REMOVE TRANSMISSION COOLER BRACKET BOLTS, REMOVE CRANKCASE TUBE & EVAP TUBE, DISCONNECT RADIATOR HOSES, REMOVE HEATER HOSES & BRACKETS, DISCONNECT HOSES FROM OIL COOLER, DETACHE TRANSMISSION WIRING HARNESS, REMOVE R/H & L/H ENGINE MOUNT BOLT, REMOVE SWAY BAR BOLTS AND LOWER SWAY BAR DISCONNECT, USING AN ADJUSTABLE STAND POSITION & REMOVE STARTER MOTOR, DISCONNECT R/H & L/H CATALYTIC CONVERTER, REMOVE TORQUE CONVERTER COVER AND REMOVE TORQUE CONVERTER NUTS, REMOVE TRANSMISSION TO ENGINE BOLTS REMOVE L/H ENGINE MOUNT BOLTS & R/H ENGINE MOUNT NUTS USING A FLOOR JACK AND WOOD BLOCK TO SUPPORT TRANSMISSION, INSTALL SPECIAL TOOL AND USING ENGINE HOIST REMOVE ENGINE.

WITH ENGINE OUT CONTINUED BY INSTALLING AN ENGINE STAND TO ROTATE ENGINE AND REMOVE OIL PAN, REMOVE INTAKE MANIFOLD,

NET

COVERS, WATER PUMP HOUSING, RATATE ENGINE & REMOVE ENGINE OIL PAN

R/H & L/H VALVE

REMOVE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY & FRONT COVER. INSPECTED ALL TIMING COMPONENTS, AND CONFIRM TIMING CHAIN AND TENSIONERS OK, FOUND L/H R/H TENSIONER,

INTAKE VT NOT LOCKING, INSTALL SPECIAL CAMSHAFT HOLDING TOOL, REMOVE L/H TENSIONER,

GUDES, TIMING CHAIN AND REMOVE INT & EXH VCTS, GUDES AND VCTS,

USE FASTENERS,

INSTALL NEW VCTs,

REMOVE

TORQUE TO SPECIFICATION.

REPLACE ALT ONE TIME

CLEAN ALL GASKET SEALER USING

ZC-30-A AND PM-4-A, APPLY ZC-20 AND WIPE OFF USING A CLEAN SHOP TOWEL, REPLACE FRONT CRANKSHAFT SEAL AND REPLACE ALL ONE TIME USE GASKETS, O-RINGS & SEALS, PREP SURFACE USING ZC-31-B AND APPLY NEW SEALER TA-357, INSTALL FRONT COVER,

ALL PARTS PREVIOUSLY REMOVE IN REVERSE ORDER,

TORQUE ALL/ BOLTS TO SPECIFICATION, INSTALL

INSTALL ENGINE IN

VEHICLE, INSTALL ALL PARTS PREVIOUSIX REMOVE IN REVERSE ORDER, VACUUM FILL COOLING SYSTEM, ADD FRESH OIL & NEW FILTER RUN ENGINE TO NORMAL OPERATING TEMPERATURE,

INSPECT FOR IRAKSA NO EEAKS ROUND AT THIS TIME, INSTALL HOOD, PRESSURE WASH ENGINE AND UNDER BODY TO REMOVE COOLANT & OIL RESIDUE, TEST DRIVE VEHICLE AND CONFIRM REPAIR, HOISTED VEHICLE AND INSTALL ALL SKID PLATES

Ranger345

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2022
Gallery
Gretna ne
Today I just heard the dreaded noise at startup for the first time. It only did it 1-2 time so I don't know what's going on. The thought of them pulling the engine just makes me sick to my stomach..2022, 5600 miles. You would think the engine light would come on or something but I only heard the noise one or two times. Sounded like a diesel when started....how fucked am I?

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
That is the beginning of the issue. mine started like that and then progressively started happening every time i started up from the engine being cold.

erjdrvr

Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Indy
Current Ride
Gen3
Today I just heard the dreaded noise at startup for the first time. It only did it 1-2 time so I don't know what's going on. The thought of them pulling the engine just makes me sick to my stomach..2022, 5600 miles. You would think the engine light would come on or something but I only heard the noise one or two times. Sounded like a diesel when started....how fucked am I?
Sorry to hear about your problems!

Just curious, does the sound only happen after the engine is "Cold Soaked" like sitting overnight?

Also, I've been told that if you hold the gas pedal to the floor for 10-15 seconds while cranking the engine will cause the oil pressure to come up and may prevent the phaser noise. It will not start until you lift off your foot as well. It's not a fix but again I'm told it may temporarily prevent the noise and possible damage.

Ranger345

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2022
Gallery
Gretna ne
Update I took it to the dealer today and they gave me a brand new F150 to drive until it's fixed. They said that there is a service bulletin out for the 3.0 Raptors and he hasn't looked at it yet but it could be two regards to this problem.

Top Member Reactions